<  PRODIGY MUSIC / GENERAL  ~  Singles Of TDIME Era

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:18 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2104Location: Berlin, GermanyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:53 pm
I don´t like the concept NOT having CD/Vinyl singles anymore ... a big kick in the asses of collectors. Only some promos are on Ebay :( :( :( :( :(

Worst decision ever made ... fuck downloading zeroes and ones

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:19 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Flachcracker wrote:
I don´t like the concept NOT having CD/Vinyl singles anymore ... a big kick in the asses of collectors. Only some promos are on Ebay :( :( :( :( :(

+1 :(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:53 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 579Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm
My bet for the next single is Rebel Radio.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:43 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 422Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:31 pm
n/a wrote:
My bet for the next single is Rebel Radio.
It would be great. :-D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
My guess too. Rebel radio or rhythm bomb.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2918Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
I hoe Rhythm Bomb goes to hell. Rebel Radio deserves so much more!

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:49 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
fokin 0101010101010101 digitals

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:36 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 307Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:23 pm
Yes, fuck digitals!!! I want fukin CD singles!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:54 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 258Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:55 pm
triggernuclear wrote:
Yes, fuck digitals!!! I want fukin CD singles!

+1

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:13 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 119Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:11 am
Nightmare wrote:
Flachcracker wrote:

+1 :(

Another +1 from me.

I have to say i think its the worst decision they have ever made, and it WILL lose them a load of money.
Just think how many collectors across the world would buy a cd or vinyl single (all of us basically) but there isnt one to buy, even if they released a shit single on cd we would still buy it!!!!

Instead we line the pockets of greedy ebay sellers who were probably sent these 1 track promo cd's for free :(

I already know of loads of people who have just downloaded the singles and remixes from dodgy websites for free so The Prodigy get no money.

BIG MISTAKE, they need to put out physical releases....................

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:40 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1783Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
In general, do physical singles still get released? I think the last CD single I bought was the Plan B 'Ill Manors' with The Prodigy remix. In recent years physical single sales have been in huge decline. Supermarkets don't stock them. I don't think record companies made much money on physical singles so they'll be happy to go fully digital. No more production or shipping costs for them. Digital releases have their advantages. For example, if you wanted 'What Evil Lurks' you can buy a lossless digital file rather than track down a 12" vinyl released 24 years ago. Digital files give tracks a much longer availability than physical singles did.

We'll just have to hope the remixes and any b-sides all get released on a special edition of the album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
James Jupiter wrote:
In general, do physical singles still get released? I think the last CD single I bought was the Plan B 'Ill Manors' with The Prodigy remix. In recent years physical single sales have been in huge decline. Supermarkets don't stock them. I don't think record companies made much money on physical singles so they'll be happy to go fully digital. No more production or shipping costs for them. Digital releases have their advantages. For example, if you wanted 'What Evil Lurks' you can buy a lossless digital file rather than track down a 12" vinyl released 24 years ago. Digital files give tracks a much longer availability than physical singles did.

We'll just have to hope the remixes and any b-sides all get released on a special edition of the album.

true...but digital are easier to pirate and share

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:27 am
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
UN wrote:
digital are easier to pirate and share

See the mathematics of it:

Physical single: Big production costs, little to no people buy

Digital single: Little to no production costs. Few people will buy. But if people pirate, it still serves a promotional purpose

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:35 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 119Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:11 am
UN wrote:

Production costs for a cd single in a card sleeve are less than 25p if you order enough.
The Prodigy are so big they could sell 50,000 easily, just look at the HMV exclusive single cd, it sells in high numbers very quickly.
They could even charge £4 or £5 for it and we would still buy because we love The Prodigy!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:18 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
the_one wrote:
UN wrote:

Production costs for a cd single in a card sleeve are less than 25p if you order enough.
The Prodigy are so big they could sell 50,000 easily, just look at the HMV exclusive single cd, it sells in high numbers very quickly.
They could even charge £4 or £5 for it and we would still buy because we love The Prodigy!

hum...i didnt said that...wrong quote?

Offline Profile WWW