<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Prodigy's 7th album.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
I would not mind if he released a single in 3 years and deliver an album in 5.We are used to bigger gaps. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:59 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 174Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 am
I don't think we'll see another album tbh.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:55 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
I wouldn't mind if the band splits in 2-3 years time. XL/Cooking Vinyl/TMTTH can still put out discs with various tracks, there's loads of material.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
Plain_John wrote:
I wouldn't mind if the band splits in 2-3 years time. XL/Cooking Vinyl/TMTTH can still put out discs with various tracks, there's loads of material.

Maybe! I'd give the band 10-12 years tops! Maxim is 48, and I can't picture him doing this at 60! They already said they won't become Rolling Stones so.....

I think they can do 1-3 albums more as a band in that time, hopefully Liam will do more albums in the similar vein as AONO after the live show part of prodigy is done!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:54 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
Jericho-X wrote:
Plain_John wrote:

Maybe! I'd give the band 10-12 years tops! Maxim is 48, and I can't picture him doing this at 60! They already said they won't become Rolling Stones so.....

I think they can do 1-3 albums more as a band in that time, hopefully Liam will do more albums in the similar vein as AONO after the live show part of prodigy is done!

Liam will do production or soundtracks but the Prodigy name will end with Keith and Maxim leaving. Liam writes tracks to take them live, who's going to do that?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:41 am
GruntGruntPosts: 23Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:22 pm
I'm not so sure Plain_John. Liam has always said he won't stop writing music. Plenty of people have left and joined over the years, with these three being the core, but as others have said in the past, LH is the Prodigy on account of him writing all the music. AONO couldnt be a better example of this, and whilst it certainly isnt one of the high points in the bands life, it does show that LH can go on his own. For me, i hope they do atleast one more album before RollingStonitis kicks in, but they're nor getting any younger :-(

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:20 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 578Location: RomaniaJoined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:08 am
Maxim and Keith won't leave the band, they're doing great in it, financially and otherwise. Leaving wouldn't make any sense and they would be forgotten soon. Also, to those who say that Prodigy is Liam for writing all the music, this may be so, but the FACE of Prodigy is 90% Keith and 10% Maxim. Ask anyone about Prodigy and they'll be like "oh, the crazy guy in the subway video?". Prodigy without Keith and Maxim would not be the same, no matter who replaces them. Yes, the music may be the same, since Liam would still be there, but the band would be something else.

Personally, I don't think they'll do another album, maybe just a couple of new tracks once in a while. I don't mind that, to be honest.

https://www.facebook.com/b508tdt
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:12 am
GruntGruntPosts: 53Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:48 pm
I feel like Maxim would leave before Keith.

He seems at times like he's just going through the motions nowadays. I feel like sometimes the whole "trying to be punks in their 40s thing" is not working for him anymore. Like he might wanna do something a little fresher.

I also feel as though he's sick of the lost time between albums...He's got his art and his trap/DJ project with Cianna Blaze on the side that's doing respectably. And if you look at the Reddit AMA, when Liam is asked if the band ever came close to breaking up he mentions it almost happened before this album and says something to the effect of "but me and Keef are brothers." No mention of Maxim.

I hope not, but it wouldn't shock me if they're a two-man act by the next album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:27 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. I noticed that Maxim didn't appear in a single interview Liam and Keith made, after the Australia one. I'm unsure how to interpret Liam's response from the AMA - you can see it like Shellshok describes it, but at the moment it was obvious for me that Liam said so because Keith was the one that was most pissed at Liam for his slowness with the new tracks. In another response (or interview?) Liam said he's constantly fighting with Keith, while Maxim is the calm one between them.

I really hope - for the sake of Maxim, not for the sake of keeping the band intact - that his recent family tragedy in the midst of touring didn't make him a bit tired or disconnected. Let me just say... if they have to break up, I'll deal with it, I saw them live 4 times already (fifth on the way) and I am glad I did. Some people could be less lucky, like, imagine if I was born in 10-20 years from now, I wouldn't have any chance to see them live. And I got tons of respect for the band, for delivering 6 great albums that changed my life.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:02 pm
The reason why Liam mentioned that he's brother is Keith and not Maxim in that AMA was because the fight that almost caused the band's brake up was only between Liam and Keith. Maxim is the glue and the good guy between the 3 of them, he had the same role in the pre AONO days.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:58 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
Plain_John wrote:
The reason why Liam mentioned that he's brother is Keith and not Maxim in that AMA was because the fight that almost caused the band's brake up was only between Liam and Keith. Maxim is the glue and the good guy between the 3 of them, he had the same role in the pre AONO days.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:58 am
feelthy wrote:
Plain_John wrote:

+1

Cool. Where'd you hear about/read that? Could you link it please if possible? I'm interested.

Never seen it brought up before. Was news to me when I read the AMA.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:11 am
Shellshok wrote:
feelthy wrote:
Plain_John wrote:

+1

Cool. Where'd you hear about/read that? Could you link it please if possible? I'm interested.

Never seen it brought up before. Was news to me when I read the AMA.

You should be able to read on it in the Prodigy Interviews topic - in almost all of the first interviews regarding the new album Liam mentions the tensions between him and Keith. Once Liam scraped almost all of the new tracks that were played live (AWOL, Dogbite etc.) and was not delivering anything new they probably had a few fights. I think this was just history repeating AONO style.

Here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4731

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:19 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
I hopeLiam go back to his dance roots if he ever releasing 7th album.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:08 am
Plain_John wrote:
You should be able to read on it in the Prodigy Interviews topic - in almost all of the first interviews regarding the new album Liam mentions the tensions between him and Keith. Once Liam scraped almost all of the new tracks that were played live (AWOL, Dogbite etc.) and was not delivering anything new they probably had a few fights. I think this was just history repeating AONO style.

Here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4731

Thanks a lot. Will look for it.

Offline Profile