<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Rate album #6: The Day

What is your appreciation of The Day Is My Enemy (out of 10)

13%
[ 8 ] 13%

31%
[ 20 ] 31%

31%
[ 20 ] 31%

17%
[ 11 ] 17%

2%
[ 1 ] 2%

3%
[ 2 ] 3%

0%
[ 0 ] 0%

0%
[ 0 ] 0%

0%
[ 0 ] 0%

2%
[ 1 ] 2%

2%
[ 1 ] 2%

I don't know/Cancel vote
0%
[ 0 ] 0%

Total votes : 64
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:11 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 578Location: RomaniaJoined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:08 am
I wanted to wait some more before I give my definitive grade to this album. Since it was out, I listened to all the tracks countless times and only a few things changed compared to the first time I heard them, so I guess these tracks don't need time to "sink in" for me.

The crown jewel of this album (for me) is Wall of Death, and that is because it reminds me soooo much of BGAT, a highly underrated track. I've always been a fan of THAT kind of beats combined with distorted sounds and some fitting vocals. On the opposite side, I never liked AONO, a totally different style that really doesn't sound Prodigy to me. I really don't know how to explain it, but those were "mechanical" beats, and I like those BGAT/Firestarter fat beats.

I rate this album a 8/10, and that is BIG in my book. It is a much better album than IMD, a million times better than AONO, but obviously behind Fat, Jilted and Experience - as it was expected by any rational fan, those can't be matched or topped. What I don't like/understand is why the track that I love the most is almost an album closer - this is THE most "Prodigy like" track on this album. If it'll have the fate of Gundown, I'll be really pissed.

https://www.facebook.com/b508tdt
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:08 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
My track ratings from my BEST to LEAST favourite;

Rok-Weiler 10
Wild Frontier 10
Get Your Fight ON 10
Roadblox 10
The Day is My Enemy 9
Medicine 9
Rebel Radio 9
Rhythm Bomb feat. Flux Pavilion 8
Wall Of Death 8
Beyond the Deathray 8
Destroy 7