<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  the Breakbeats used in the Experience tunes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:00 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 443Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:09 pm
goooood question! :) would be a cool thing to have all break sampels listed - not only from the experience album. unfortunately i can't help out. you already listed the ones i had in mind. so i'm curious what the others are. :-D

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:06 am
As far as I know Liam don`t post here or even read this stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:51 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
hmz , he does read this forum I think.

He wants to know what we think about.
He wants to know our opinion about certain things.

Because he cares.

Doesn't make him work faster, though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:53 am
:rofl1:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:58 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
KeVo. wrote:
:rofl1:

It's the truth m8 :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:56 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 287Location: US of AJoined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:06 pm
StasZ wrote:
hmz , he does read this forum I think.

He wants to know what we think about.
He wants to know our opinion about certain things.

Oh wow... thanks for the laugh.

Anyways, back on topic, the thing with the Exp breaks is that most of them are two breaks eq'd, pitched and layered. Give it a try in something like Ableton... you'll get the same effect. Trick is to find breaks that complement each other and not train wreck.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:13 am
GruntGruntPosts: 29Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:55 pm
Quite the interesting topic. I will contribute by saying that Pandemonium is Assembly Line, even though thats not from Experience. :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:30 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 29Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:55 pm
Fire (edit) sounds like Hey Hey Can You Relate, with some 909 thrown on top for good measure.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:08 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
did liam not use some of his own beats in experience, im sure i've herd it mentioned somwere in this forum that it was a combination between his beats and other artists beats

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:26 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3357Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
coggles wrote:
did liam not use some of his own beats in experience, im sure i've herd it mentioned somwere in this forum that it was a combination between his beats and other artists beats

Liam Howlett sampled various breaks on Experience and did indeed add some beats himself to it as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:41 am
ModeratorModeratorPosts: 4509Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 am
It should be mentioned some 80% of the beats on Experience are not Liams! Sure he chopped up the beats and everything so cool yea I give him alot of respect for that. As for the layering with his 808 and 909, most of what you hear is chopped up breaks Liam sampled as opposed to Liam writing most of the beats and using samples to beef them.

Offline Profile