<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Live Setlist changes and proposal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
After I came back yesterday from the Hannover show, I just noticed a less of variation in the setlist of the guys. It was my sixth time of seeing the prodigy live and between 2009 and 2010 I went to three shows. Actually the setlist has remained the same of 5 or 6 years ago (the invaders tour), just with the add of the new album trax ( and some trax dropped, like thunder and so on). Since some of us have some contacts, maybe indirectly with the band, I would suggest to tell Liam, or the guys in general, whether is it possible to insert not more than 4 trax, obviously dropping some of the actual.
Let's not do a fan fiction setlist. Let's do something that, maybe and hopefully, could see the light. Let's put on this forum, some proposal and then, according to the most required trax, let communicate it to the band.
My trax: Bgat, Hotride, one between Music Reach and Hyperspeed, Rebel Radio, Destroy ( i know they r 5 :D )
My dropped trax: Run, Get your fight on, Voodoo People (which is great, but now it's time for something different).

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:27 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
As much as I'd love some other tracks in the setlist, there's no chance I guess. But we can try.

As much as I like BGAT or Hotride, I don't see them working live for me at least, and they aren't fan favourites even here (let alone amongst the less hardcore fans). I'd prefer Break and Enter or Funky Shit. Hyperspeed and EITP would be fine too, but to a lesser extent since they were played live not so long ago (let's say Milton Keynes wasn't long ago). Destroy and Rebel actually have a great chance to be played soon, it's obvious Liam still keeps changing the setlist and new album tracks will likely get in. Hopefully he won't kick out TMTTH because of GYFO like somebody almost suggested - I do agree that it's ridiculous to have those two tracks, especially almost right after each other, in the same setlist; but while I don't dig GYFO at all, TMTTH is one track off IMD that I really wouldn't want to be removed.

And, for fucks sake, I hope Liam will keep the promise (Reddit AMA) he gave me about Medicine xD Seeing as Deathray is already in, I guess Medicine is on its way as well, but needs to be reworked a bit just like Rebel Radio.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:56 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 145Location: BLNJoined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm
hopefully the setlist will be changed 'till 3 july

anyway, tryin' to keep it close to reality, the tracks that from my point of view should get into the setlist from The Day:

permanently - Rebel Radio and Destroy, since they are making the biggest sensation among fans

ocassionaly - Ibiza, Medicine

and the one that should be excluded - Get Your Fight On

and since Liam isn't playin quite nothing from Experience or Always I think he could easily kick out Invaders, Omen and Hospital and bring back kick-ass classics like NO GOOD (FKIN YES PLEASE), Break&Enter maybe Hyperspeed or even better - Rhythm Of Life.

some changes like that would do the job, I think

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Great. I would suggest to gather the requirements till the end of april, to give an average of the most required trax and, in someways, i don't know how, because i have no contacts with the band, to send the list to the band. Let's do 5 trax, not less, not more.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:10 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
No Good, Warrior's Dance and Rhythm Bomb segment would take the roof down.

Also One Man Army live mix would rape the crowd.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:25 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
I would like more dance oriented setlist. Remember 2005 one year after aono we already had 4 new tracks that Liam played live and that wasnt on aono he played first warning, dead ken, razor, back to skool. We need that kind of variety. Liam was on the roll back then and God only knows why he didnt released album shortly after aono.

Back in the set: warriors dance, no good, eitp, spitfire and out of space. And more mixing by Liam, like he did before. Some extra bits to the tracks more fills, weather experience 2 minutes solo by Liam would be preferable.

Out: Run, gyfo , wod (watched some vids, dont do it well live, but I didnt heard live new tracks so cannot say anything about them with 100 %)

And he should play rr and destroy definitly.

Beyond could be intro.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:11 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 145Location: BLNJoined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm
so then, for me, these tracks would make a perfect and possible setlist -

the 8 tracks from The Day... :

BTDR as intro maybe, like someone suggested (or as an interlude in the middle of the gig)
TDIME
Nasty (switching places with Ibiza)
Rebel Radio
Destroy
Rok-Weiler (switching places with Medicine)
Roadblox
Wall Of Death

and the classics:

Rhythm Of Life (switching places with Hyperspeed for example)
Break&Enter
Their Law
Voodoo
Poison with New Fill
No Good
Smack
Breathe
Firestarter

+ some random track to change from gig to gig

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:02 pm
it seems that so far all us have in common destroy and rebel radio, but it was already known. ;) Let's wait what the others think.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:59 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 121Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 pm
bye bye invaders and run,add destroy and rebel radio.i love rebel radio

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:29 am
Quote:
kenny
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:59 am Reply with quote

Put 3 more, so that we can do an average selecting the most 5 required ones and to tell 'em to the band.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:38 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 121Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 pm
break and enter
invisible sun
rhythm of life

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:42 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1090Location: SerbiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am
kenny wrote:

Invaders is a banger live and they are recognized to the newer prodigy audience by it and omen so I think that it should stay in the set.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:39 pm
so was Spitfire back in the days and they rarely play it these days. being honest, as much as I enjoy Invaders live, it is in no comparsion with tracks like No Good, Break&Enter, Rhythm Of Life, Rebel Radio, Destroy, which for me are the essential ones from the list above.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:01 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 999Location: Brisbane, AustraliaJoined: Tue May 08, 2007 9:18 am
if some of the old tracks played live are never getting a studio release I don't see why liam doesn't keep them in the live sets as like token prodigy songs you only ever get to hear live instead, 'rock n roll' is definitely one of them that stands out

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:15 pm
Quote:
stonehigh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:01 am Reply with quote
if some of the old tracks played live are never getting a studio release I don't see why liam doesn't keep them in the live sets as like token prodigy songs you only ever get to hear live instead, 'rock n roll' is definitely one of them that stands out

Just to make some fans happy, but they do not have forcedly to do it. I´ve been to the live in hannover and even though I loved it, I noticed that the tracklist goes further since years, but with the add of the 6 new trax. So basically, my idea is to get some times some of the old but also possibly of the new trax in the set. Itßs not said that they r goin to play it, it´s a proposition.

Offline Profile WWW