<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  your favorite Prodigy moments?

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:12 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
What were the highlights in your 'Prodigal' life? (Moments related to the prodigy and their music that gave you goosebumps and drove you crazy.)
Of course , there's the live experience but I think that deserves a thread on it's own.

I became a fan in between Jilted and FOTL (i remember hearing out of space and liking it i just didn't know who the artist was) so, i fell in love properly after hearing No Good and it got me hooked which made me buy MFJG and playing it non stop! Some of the songs on it used to scare me due to the dark nature of the album and forwarding the long tracks on your Walkman was a pain in the ass but nonetheless, this is my first and most important moment.

This video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RyH4djH1C-8
My favorite holy shit moment. I had the awards recorded on VHS and i played this video not less than a 100 times. Literally . Blown away by the energy, the chemistry between keith and Maxim ,, the crowd reaction and realising that this is the same band that wrote no good. Jumping around like a monkey and accidentally pushing my cousin which busted his forehead and he got stiched lol it was all worth it. Best days of my life and our life's I'm sure. This video sums up the fotl era for me .

2004 AONO leak when I first heard Spitfire, completely blown away to bits listening on full volume. I'm one of those few people that prefer the album version, it has more balls than the single version. Too bad Warning was never released properly on the album. I was lucky to hear both versions live.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xX6PV7AHnbc
This WD video debut from 2008. The woman shouting 'oh my god' at the middle part sums it up perfectly. Thank god keith and maxim had to twist Liam's arm to release this beast. Definitely the best prodigy song since smbu imo. Hearing this bought that fotl adrenaline back and made me super excited anticipating a new era and a proper one after the confusing AONO era.

Those were my best one's. The moment's that i pride talking about cause they meant a lot to me as a fan.

I love the new era and tdime and I went crazy over all the songs i love them but I didn't get the same excitement, adrenaline and shivers down my spine like those i mentioned. I guess it's because I got older and the 6-7 years gap doesn't help :P

SHARE YOUR MOMENTS!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:56 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
- When I first heard Smack in Charlie's Angels. Only watched the movie once, but it marked me so much that it reminded me of the movie when I heard the song again years later.

- When I first heard Spitfire, Girls and Memphis Bells while playing Starcraft with my mate. Didn't like the game so much, but the music did feel appropriate. I'm happy he introduced me to the band at that time.

- When he showed me the Smack video sometime later. In the following days I must have listened to the song hundreds of times.

- When I received Jilted for Christmas the same year and first heard Break & Enter, Their Law, The Heat (The Energy), etc.

- When I bought the Their Law DVD and discovered the Firestarter video. Back then I didn't like the song, but from that moment on I started to understand it. Also discovered the live aspect of the band back then. And the good dancing from the early videos. The Wake The Fuck Up intro and the AONO Demo Mix.

- First Warning

- Shadow

- Guns (Rough Mix)

- That Warrior's Dance recording you just posted. Also the World's on Fire recordings from that era.

- When Nasty and TDIME were first released earlier this year.

That pretty much sums it up :)

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:25 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Hm. I don't even remember the moments from when I started listening to the band (was younger than my memory can reach today). I remember a bit from later on:

-when IMD video got released, I was quite disappointed and thought "hey, the album won't probably be any good". Then I saw Omen (yes, I know...) video. Loved every bit of it, and it made me hope for a good album again.

-fast forward to 2010, I finally managed to go to their gig. The problem was, I gone to the front, and the closed arena the concert was taking place in had really bad air conditioning, which combined with my light asthma made me fight for every breath. At the encore break, terribly exhausted, I fled to a toilet (it was much better there), trying to get my thoughts together. I was sure that I'm not going to find strength to get back. I didn't even remember what track is next. And then I heard the first bits of TMTTH. This was basically the only sound that could get me out of there. I love it to this day (the only track off IMD that survived the trial of time for me), one of the few "usual" tracks I look forward at the gigs.

-2011, watching WoF live in a cinema. Strangest feeling I ever had, sitting to The Prodigy. There was a couple of guys dancing in the front of the screen, but I didn't decide to join them. But the gig was awesome for that time.

-2013, you all remember that one. A rumor spread that their gig in Serbia is about to be streamed at Exit's YouTube. People were unhappy to see a last minute announcement (well, nobody annnounced that TP will get streamed, so it was hardly a surprise) that proved otherwise. And then a Serbian BK member (thank goodness he did, whoever it was, I can't remember) found out that a local radio station advertises that they are going to stream audio from the gig. Nobody believed that, we hoped for 1-3 tracks at least. I waited without any hope to be honest. And then I heard the first beats of Voodoo People. I knew it's the first song in the set, so I got skeptically hopeful. The tension raised as the song was reaching towards the end. Then it finished. Maxim shouts "where the fuck are ya?", I hear the drum loop that will stay in my memory forever. And first beats of Jetfighter were played. By that time I knew - this was finally it, after months and months of nothing from the band, we finally were getting a real gem of a recording.

-2015. After who knows how much wait, we were finally there. I watched Nasty feeling kinda like with IMD - a bit disappointed. But less by no quality of the track (it was good), I simply wanted to feel the same thing I felt before. Nasty seemed like a promise of "more of the same" a'la Omen and stuff, just done a bit better - I'd still listen to such an album, but would be hard to be excited by it. Then I heard the snippets of TDIME, I got curious yet I didn't think it's gonna be a breakthrough. But it was. Dark from the start, epic drums, finally the "drop" (sorry for using dubstep terminology) It kind of seemed like a way Liam wanted to show dubstep producers how it's done. One of the highlights of the album.

-Later we heard WF, which I didn't hate yet it wasn't what I expected, and WoD which was almost as good as TDIME. And finally, the so-called leak came. I gave myself like half an hour to cool down before listening to it, then I started. On Rebel Radio, I knew it's going to be good. At Destroy, I was ready to punch randomly encountered people on the streets just for fun. Rok-weiler made me swap punching for biting. It made me realise how much we had to wait, with all the versions of this track that we were able to hear... the next tracks only got better and better.

-Reddit AMA. Getting answers for five questions that didn't even have more than 10 words when summed up, might've been not a lot, but I've never felt better than then :)

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:33 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 6Location: IsraelJoined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:14 pm
watching the video for Unstoppable from 2008 club show made my arm hairs stand up and hearing the original world's on fire at T in the park was nuts

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:34 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 121Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:25 pm
hamster ball

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:38 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 104Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:17 pm
Warriors dance festival when they dropped EITP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Cay5y2d1c

No words....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:53 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 825Location: EnglandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:20 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
This WD video debut from 2008. The woman shouting 'oh my god' at the middle part sums it up perfectly. Thank god keith and maxim had to twist Liam's arm to release this beast. Definitely the best prodigy song since smbu imo. Hearing this bought that fotl adrenaline back and made me super excited anticipating a new era and a proper one after the confusing AONO era.

I just watched that video for the time in ages, it still gives me goosebumps. 8-)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:38 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Antz wrote:
Electronic_Punk® wrote:

I just watched that video for the time in ages, it still gives me goosebumps. 8-)

It came at the perfect time when we were starving for the something new and then they drop this sexy beast (along with wof, unstoppable and the original beat 55). Great memories.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:44 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
1)When i heard Poison-Their law for the first time

2)When i saw the Smack vid after midnight on a local channel

3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4pmyMgflbE I was there...

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:50 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1356Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
Some of the songs on it used to scare me due to the dark nature of the album and forwarding the long tracks on your Walkman was a pain in the ass but nonetheless,

:lol:

*I feel you about the walkman

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:45 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 579Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm
My favourite moments have to be the gigs, especially the first 3 times I saw them live:

1999 - The end of an era. I feel so lucky to have seen them perform their last gig of the 90's, which was of course also Leeroy's last full gig as a member of the band. Won't ever forget how towards the end, all 4 were on stage together during Rhythm Of Life, with Keith and Leeroy running around the stage sort of "chasing" each other.
2005 - Their Law tour - great setlist with a mix of classics and AONO gems such as Spitfire and Wake Up Call, which unfortunately I doubt will be played again. Dead Ken Beats was also a highlight - shame it never got released.
2010 - IMD tour - great to see the band re-energized with another banging setlist. Was every bit as pulsating as the previous times, if not more.

Saw them two more times in 2012 and although still great, there wasn't as much difference in the era or setlist compared to the changes between previous gigs.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:21 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Seeing them in 2002, hearing trigger,
Seeing them 2004, warning and dead ken and the legend wake up intro
Seeing them in 2013, awol, the best tune since imd

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:23 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1015Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:29 pm
New York album version of Thunda was played! Was mental!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:36 pm
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
when I saw for the first time Electronic Punks VHS back in 1996

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:22 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 9Location: BrazilJoined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:23 pm
I keep recounting the years because I think it makes no sense but all facts confirm: first time I saw the "Breathe" video on MTV Brasil back when I was 9, I remember it was so impactful I just needed to buy the album, it took me a good while to get it because it was sold out in many stores. And recently I just felt really fortunate because I have the most awesome band to work with in a college assignment. A classmate had Prodigy first in the raffle and I took Zero 7... I annoyed everyone so much that I got them for myself (evil laughs..)! I am rediscovering the band and I'm loving it :rofl:

Offline Profile