<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Force by Dog (Studio version/remix of Rock 'n' Roll)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:20 am
GruntGruntPosts: 3Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:54 am
So I recently bought the album "Neverland" by Dog because it had the track "War" on it which I'd previously believed to be a Live Prodigy track that didn't get released, turns out Liam played it once around 2003 but it isn't his work. Then when I was listening to the rest of the songs and something struck me, there is a song called "Force" which sounds eerily similar to "Rock 'n' Roll" the beat is pretty much the same with some added effects and vocals. (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2OhUiCYYuug)

In the albums cover sleeve there is no mention of Liam or any of the rest of The Prodigy which baffles me, unless it's a massive coincidence that this song was produced sounding almost exactly the same as The Prodigy track, there must have been a studio version of "Rock 'n' Roll" sent to the members of Dog to use since there's no mention of The Prodigy anywhere.

I apologise if this is the wrong place to post this or if it has been covered already but I found it very interesting

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:27 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
They do sound quite similar, think it's probably because of the Schoolly D PSK sample and the Brainstorm bit

Last edited by Harbinger on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:15 pm
It's very weird just how similar it is, maybe one day we'll get studio versions of some of those older live tracks (Benny Blanco must be on the cards at least)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
WeSleepRhythm wrote:
(Benny Blanco must be on the cards at least)

Don't know about that, I would imagine clearing a movie sample in a released track would cost hella lot more than from any song.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:01 pm
Yeah that's a good point, I suppose all we can do is wait when it comes to this sort of thing

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:46 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
WeSleepRhythm wrote:
So I recently bought the album "Neverland" by Dog because it had the track "War" on it which I'd previously believed to be a Live Prodigy track that didn't get released, turns out Liam played it once around 2003 but it isn't his work. Then when I was listening to the rest of the songs and something struck me, there is a song called "Force" which sounds eerily similar to "Rock 'n' Roll" the beat is pretty much the same with some added effects and vocals. (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2OhUiCYYuug)

In the albums cover sleeve there is no mention of Liam or any of the rest of The Prodigy which baffles me, unless it's a massive coincidence that this song was produced sounding almost exactly the same as The Prodigy track, there must have been a studio version of "Rock 'n' Roll" sent to the members of Dog to use since there's no mention of The Prodigy anywhere.

I apologise if this is the wrong place to post this or if it has been covered already but I found it very interesting

Played twice only and in 3007. I was lucky enough to be there at the desert rock festival when they played it for the first time. Maxim refered to it as a 'brand new track' and Keith added : 'Yes! Straight out of the box'.
I find it strange that they said that considering that it's not a Prodigy track.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:05 pm
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
Electronic_Punk® wrote:
WeSleepRhythm wrote:

Played twice only and in 3007.

wow. how much albums Prodigy released by 3007?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:15 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Yikes!

2007*