<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  The Day Is My Enemy reflexions

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:29 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 271Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 pm
The Day Is My Enemy era is close to end with the last show in Italy early September, this era is very strange more lazy compared with INVADERS MUST DIE the prodigy forgot America no US Tour and Southamerica (only five shows in america canada,denver,chicago and mexico) when they began promote the new album KEITH start to say THE PRODIGY they not do this forever with an attitude of annoyance they began with the left foot, miss the Paul videos and the album in my opinion was great iTHE DAY IS MY ENEMY has good songs is not a bad LP Liam says that this album is the most violent furious album ever done but the truth is the songs not sounds that way so i think thats why some people disappointed

In Conclusion the red FOX sleeve brought bad luck!!! What do you think??

Last edited by loga97 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:16 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
I still enjoy the album. We got lots of releases from this era. Singles, a RSD release, remix album, special editions, The Night Is My Friend EP, brand new Prodigy on cassette. We got a wicked cover tune as a bonus track, AWOL as a b-side, and then the Dope D.O.D. version of TDIME (which I love more than the original.) The official music videos were great. The remixes were way better than IMD era remixes. Toured with Public Enemy, pretty damn cool. Plus a lil PE mash up as well. Only real thing that sucked for me was no US tour, sadly I never got to see them live this era. Liam should have given Rebel Radio more play along with Destroy live. But we did get a new version of Benny Blanco live! Sure, we didn't get Dugdale videos so we kinda lost that personal look behind the scenes.

For me, it seemed like IMD was more focused on the live side of things. Sure, it's a great record. But the band seemed to shine live and it felt more like a triumphant return. That was amplified by Dugdale's videos. The gang is back! Where as TDIME was more about the studio side of things, Liam back to recording and experimenting rather than all the energy into the live side. That was Liam's focus and it was no longer about some triumphant return. It was just about writing a rocking album.

Musically, I prefer TDIME and enjoyed it more. But IMD era had a different feel surrounding it that was more to about their return to form. IMD just had the right build up. TDIME has more bite to it. Where IMD had that feel of you and the crowd around you with your hands in the air, TDIME was you and the same crowd wilding out and moshing with each other.

I'm psyched to see where Liam goes from here. But I think Keith knows that THIS version of the band only has so much longer to go. I don't think he wants to be the Mick Jagger of the electronic scene. Then again, I would love to hear a record where Liam was free of the restrictions placed on writing music specifically tailored for Maxim or Keith or the live environment. I think Liam has a great movie score in him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:15 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 271Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 pm
NEOREV wrote:
I still enjoy the album. We got lots of releases from this era. Singles, a RSD release, remix album, special editions, The Night Is My Friend EP, brand new Prodigy on cassette. We got a wicked cover tune as a bonus track, AWOL as a b-side, and then the Dope D.O.D. version of TDIME (which I love more than the original.) The official music videos were great. The remixes were way better than IMD era remixes. Toured with Public Enemy, pretty damn cool. Plus a lil PE mash up as well. Only real thing that sucked for me was no US tour, sadly I never got to see them live this era. Liam should have given Rebel Radio more play along with Destroy live. But we did get a new version of Benny Blanco live! Sure, we didn't get Dugdale videos so we kinda lost that personal look behind the scenes.

For me, it seemed like IMD was more focused on the live side of things. Sure, it's a great record. But the band seemed to shine live and it felt more like a triumphant return. That was amplified by Dugdale's videos. The gang is back! Where as TDIME was more about the studio side of things, Liam back to recording and experimenting rather than all the energy into the live side. That was Liam's focus and it was no longer about some triumphant return. It was just about writing a rocking album.

Musically, I prefer TDIME and enjoyed it more. But IMD era had a different feel surrounding it that was more to about their return to form. IMD just had the right build up. TDIME has more bite to it. Where IMD had that feel of you and the crowd around you with your hands in the air, TDIME was you and the same crowd wilding out and moshing with each other.

I'm psyched to see where Liam goes from here. But I think Keith knows that THIS version of the band only has so much longer to go. I don't think he wants to be the Mick Jagger of the electronic scene. Then again, I would love to hear a record where Liam was free of the restrictions placed on writing music specifically tailored for Maxim or Keith or the live environment. I think Liam has a great movie score in him.

Yes i forget the EP and Remixes Edition jajaja, great conclusion :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:42 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 111Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:02 pm
I listened to it a few days ago, as I got the 3LP box last month but never got around to playing it due to a busy schedule. Its awesome and I gotta say I prefer that tracklist of the album.

Offline Profile