<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Your questions for The Prodigy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:11 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
Ask Liam what happened to the 'single before the end of 2017, album early 2018'. Had he finished it then? Has he been working on it in 2018? Basically, ask him the story of this album, how it came about and over what time period. How did collaborations come about? It's good to get the story behind each track but at the moment we only know about 'Need Some1'.

Depending on if we've heard anything or not about it by the time of the interview, ask about the "very special remix project".

James Jupiter wrote:
https://www.bmg.com/uk/news/the-prodigy-need-some1.html

Quote:
BMG already publishes Liam Howlett’s entire song catalog.

BMG have the rights to release anything from the back catalogue so I guess they'll be releasing this "very special remix project" at some point.

Quote:
Yes, just got back from recording for my Prodigy boys! YES. I think you should wait for Liam to give you the news.
Shahin Badar / Facebook

Me and Shahin Badar yesterday whilst on a secret mission to Engine-Earz with Prash Mistry recording vocals for a very special remix project! Keep ya eyes and ears peeled for further info.
NJC / Facebook

New 'Smack My Bitch Up' and Andy C (he played it so I assume it's his) remix of 'Firestarter'.

Last edited by James Jupiter on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:26 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
old questions for me;

didn't you ever consider releasing What Evil Lurks EP on cd? it would have sold tons in the mid 90's

why didn't you release We Eat Rhythm (Electronic Punks Version from 95) on any format? it was a really different track.

could you tell us the story behind XLT 76?

I'd really love to read answers for these questions and not the usual "do you like playing in Russia?"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:34 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
no more questions?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:48 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
D'ya believe in aliens?

Wha ya fink bout da Brexit?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:03 pm
Just to repeat what I've already asked plus a few new questions: -

What is the "very special remix project" (Shahin Badar mentioned + Andy C played remix of 'Firestarter') and will it be released?

A track by track talk through of each album track would be good.

How did the collaborations come about?

How many tracks did you have for the album?

Which tracks didn't make the album and will they ever be released as b-sides, one off track releases or on an EP?

Would Liam release stand alone tracks (i.e. a track not destined to be on an album) in the future?

Does Liam hold the rights to release tracks from The Prodigy back catalog (including unreleased remixes and original tracks)?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:25 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 275Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm
Would you release an expanded version of AONO
Are you thinking of doing a Soundcloud account like what Aphex Twin done by releasing unreleased songs on there?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:09 pm
Ask about how they've kept using the same 'The Prodigy' logo for 'Invaders Must Die', 'The Day Is My Enemy' and 'No Tourists' where as the albums prior to those had a different logo each era.

Ask about the artwork of the new album.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:47 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
All the tracks, that has not been released because of maybe copyright issues or whatever reason, any chance of those being uploaded at some point? Like Frequencies, Trigger, Dead Ken, Stab. Demos, like the first versions of Babys got a temper, Unstoppable, Back 2 skool, Get ur fight on, Omen. Or alternate mixes like Break & enter 95, Thunder (roseland mix), Night is my friend. Surely there are so many tracks & demos from the AONO period that we the fans would pretty much kill for... almost. When AONO has 15 year anniversary, it definitly deserves a expanded release with these lost great tracks. And maybe the main album with updated tracks like Spitfire 05, The way it is (live remix), on vinyl. Just a thought.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
How many of your concerts are professionally recorded? How big is your archive of professionally recorded concerts and what are the chances that some of these will be released on Blu-Ray some day?

How many unreleased Prodigy tracks are there in the archives?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:12 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
Are we fans of also the album Always outnumbered, never outgunned allowed to hope some kind of special treat for its 15th anniversary at the end of this month? Even if this is so soon after Keith passing..

No matter what the general public, the music media, some of the die hard fans and even sometimes Liam himself says I and like think this album deserves special expanded release with never before released material (like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsBhe15I_hY) or at least something special attention (other than a simple social media feed).. The album is still total punk experience and has it's achievements after the huge success and pressures of TFOTL :guns:

Pretty please
:bow:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:38 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Lastu wrote:
Are we fans of also the album Always outnumbered, never outgunned allowed to hope some kind of special treat for its 15th anniversary at the end of this month? Even if this is so soon after Keith passing..

No matter what the general public, the music media, some of the die hard fans and even sometimes Liam himself says I and like think this album deserves special expanded release with never before released material (like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsBhe15I_hY) or at least something special attention (other than a simple social media feed).. The album is still total punk experience and has it's achievements after the huge success and pressures of TFOTL :guns:

Pretty please
:bow:

As much as i want that track myself, Liam cant remember he did this. It's in the shitter, like most of his brilliant unreleased tunes.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:27 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 93Location: PolandJoined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm
Have you ever considered realeasing some type of singles / rarities compilation with all that new live mixes like ones for:
Voodoo People, No Good, Diesel Power, Everybody in the place, Thunder Dub and Colours 2010?
Maybe include some unreleased tracks like: Benny Blanco or Dogbite?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1015Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:29 pm
Man Prodigy fans are dedicated!! But i read all this an i honestly see liam just looking thru an shaking his head with no response! This forum has had these questions plastered inside an out which im sure liam has read.....an dont care! :wink: