<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Thunder live

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:48 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
Always wondered why they never played the studio track live?

The live version is that awful grungy one which doesn't fit for me, while the studio version ranks as one of the best tracks they ever did.

It might even be my absolute number one, it's very close, the album version that is - but they don't do it live and never have.

Why?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:14 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
I'm pretty sure we are all wondering the same thing. Thunder is a great track, and I know it works very well in a club, even if the crowd isn't likely to know it, it gets everyone moving instantly. I wish I could see it live, and I envy NEOREV that NY gig where they played it :P The "proper" live version was a nice touch to the original. Thunder Dub was meh, on the other hand, I didn't mind it, but I didn't cry after it was dropped from the setlist.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:17 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
The original was dropped a couple of times live, a bit updated actually, which is way cooler than the album version. Take a listen. Hope someone will rework this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKXJOC8MaEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrhLKakb28g

Offline Profile