<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  What Year Did You Become A Fan?

What Year Did You Become A Fan?

2%
[ 5 ] 2%

8%
[ 18 ] 8%

7%
[ 15 ] 7%

5%
[ 10 ] 5%

15%
[ 33 ] 15%

8%
[ 18 ] 8%

14%
[ 30 ] 14%

13%
[ 28 ] 13%

4%
[ 8 ] 4%

2%
[ 5 ] 2%

3%
[ 7 ] 3%

2%
[ 4 ] 2%

2%
[ 4 ] 2%

3%
[ 7 ] 3%

4%
[ 8 ] 4%

7%
[ 15 ] 7%

0%
[ 1 ] 0%

2%
[ 4 ] 2%

Total votes : 220
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:54 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
1993. everybody in the place (fairground remix) on a rave compilation, i was 7, then i heard experience, fell in love with it

then hearing music for the jilted generation asking the question how are these the same guys? cat eye contacts?

then hearing firestarter and breathe wondering what happened to the long haired hippy raver and who was this new punk geezer?

still blows my mind to this day that the prodigy even fucking exist. bowie is meant to be the master of reinvention.. but fuck.. come on and take a look what happened to the prodigy in less than a decade

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:09 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 412Location: PolandJoined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:47 pm
oh man I remember,
it was 1997 - I have heard Breathe and Firestarter during visiting older cousin
it was smth new, fresh, original and bangin
I was 12 years old
cousin has lent me MFTJG cassette
I came back home and I lestened to full album...
there were not Breathe and Firestarter :( but every song was awesome :)

what a band I though and it started my fanaticism :)

then in 1997 - my father bought me TFOTL album and The Prodigy smacked me up :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:11 am
GruntGruntPosts: 39Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:24 pm
1991....i bought " acid rave compilation 2...lot.of beautiful techno tracks nearly all by italian label "media records"...very well know at times for various projects...cappella, anticapella and the MIG saga....then I heard everybody in the.place...it was so different....5 years ahead of that time....i really got into that tune....euphoric and so catchy and underground....i just.discovered the band that i listened to everyday for the past 25 years....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:16 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
1994 after hearing No Good in a compilation named Now 28. After that, I bought MFTJG and got hooked. By 1996 I nearly had all their singles.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:37 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 145Location: BLNJoined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm
first time I've encountered The Prodigy was around 2001-2002 during a holiday camp. I've been back then more into rock and metal music and some dude noticed that (propably because of the Metallica/Manowar t-shirts, yea, that's gonna be the reason for sure) and gave me a cassette with his random music to listen to and there was Breathe on it. had no idea it was The Prodigy, thought it was some Marilyn Manson, cause it sounded to me like this modern, dark, rock music. later on came Baby's Got A Temper and Spitfire and the rest sorta' rolled with it during the years to come. I liked them despite the fact that they had nothing to do with the music I was listening to. Illumination came in 2008 when my classmate came up to me and said that The Prodigy's gonna play in Cracow on a festival and the idea of goin' to a Prodigy gig just came to me as a really cool idea.. so I've started to check their whole albums, not just the random hit singles, started with Music For The Jilted Generation and The Fat Of The Land, and ended up listening probably to nothing else but The Prodigy non stop from dusk 'till dawn for the next few months (my brother hated me for that). later on I've bumped into the rest of electronic music of the '90's, so Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers, Future Sound Of London, Juno Reactor, Empirion, Fluke became a bigger part of my playlist.

and from that moment The Prodigy still remains my fav band alongside with Fields Of The Nephilim, Juno Reactor and Coil.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:32 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
2003..ish.

the crappiest movie introduced me to the best music. watching charlie's angels in a cinema. after hearing breathe, didn't watch the movie at all, the tune was all i was thinking about.

though, i heard them in the 90s when i was very young and i remember dancing to out of space on the streets (someone played it on a boombox) when i was 7 or smth. and when i saw keith's photo in 98 in a newspaper, i thought they were russian

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:24 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
Error: User Not Found wrote:
In between my releases polls I felt like doing a poll that takes on the question what year did you become a Prodigy fan. Please be very honest I'm interested in seeing what era's we're all from! :)

'91 for me, I got lucky by having a foreigner for a neighbor who was into them so they got me at a young age. I fell into them even more around '96 when their sound swung back into my interests.

Great thread.

The moment I heard Everybody in the Place. I didn't know much back in those days, but I bought a cassette rave compilation a year or so later I'd seen advertised on TV called Technostate:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Technost ... ase/208319

And must have listened to it a million times. They grew on me even more when someone gave me a copy of Experience.

PS: should mention the year! 1991. God I'm old. But it's nice to have been there at the start.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:29 pm
HSVV wrote:

and from that moment The Prodigy still remains my fav band alongside with Fields Of The Nephilim, Juno Reactor and Coil.

They're my favourite band ever. Best act of the past 30 years IMO - but I still class Beatles as the best ever.

Prodigy are my favourite band. Beatles are the best band. Maybe a bit of a paradox in the view of some but hey ho - you don't have to love the best the most.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:50 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 836Location: NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:04 pm
I've loved their tracks from the very beginning, but actually became a real fan in 1994 after listening to Poison.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:25 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 185Location: PolandJoined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm
1992 when they relased Out of Space EP. Saw it on MTV and got hooked :)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:56 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 76Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:10 pm
First cd i ever bought was House Party 2 in 1991
https://www.discogs.com/Various-House-P ... ease/86936
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMO6tRFIOac&t=1504s

in that time i listened over and over to it, and its still a fun mix to listen to.

Android was on it so when the prodigy released new stuff they had my attention immediately, and didnt get dissapointed with Experience. In Belgium we got spoiled wiith good EDM but The Prodigy was really the absolute top. Including for me Weather Experience as one of the best tracks ever made.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:47 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 111Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:02 pm
Around 1997. I was 3(!) years old at the time. I liked Breathe and Firestarter a lot. (the videos not so much :lol: :lol: ) I always wanted a crab like on the cover for TFOTL. Then I was so stoked when AONO came out as that was the first album I could witness with all the hype buildup etc etc. Then when IMD came out I was so stoked cause I was also allowed to have the IMD Box Set (my dad had to buy it for me at the time cause I wasn't 18 yet). Been a fan ever since.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:36 am
This thread makes me feel so old yet so lucky to have been there at the (almost) start.

Like Beatles fans who'd been at the Cavern Club in the beginning.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:31 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 370Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:31 pm
I think 1994. I was 12y.
When I heard Voodoo People. oh that sample....
I also loved No Good from a local pop radio (Jeronimo Groovy FM) but didn't knew it was Prodigy. Like I said I was 12.
After that bought Jilted and the rest is history.
The only original CDs I have bought ever, are Prodigy Discography. Simple as that.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:02 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2220Location: DenmarkJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:55 pm
I think I became a fan in 1999. I remember I'd heard a lot of their music before since my older brother was a fan since the band started out... Oh how dull a time 1999 was as a Prodigy-fan. I remember the hype surrounding the Dirtchamber Sessions Volume One, Maxim's, Keith's and Leeroy's solo careers, but it wasn't until 2002 we got The Prodigy back for real! There was the live chat on the official website. People were going crazy over Nuclear and Trigger. Yet many people disliked BGAT. Then the band disappeared again. Things went dull, and when AONO came out in 2004 I guess the dust settled - and people stopped talking about the band splitting up. I really did come in at the downpoint, but yeah, I stuck to it, since no other band has made music that speaks to me like The Prodigy. The Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, The Crystal Method, Kraftwerk, Moby, Daft Punk, Faithless, Underworld, Mr. Oizo, Röyksopp, Leftfield, Pendulum and many more are good; they come close, but they are not hitting the nail like Liam can do at his best.