Mindfields
Poison
Nuclear
Encore:
Firestarter
Fuel My Fire
Rhythm of Life
My Only Secret Technique (outro)

Saw the show on video, and it just doesn't work. As much as I love Trigger, it didn't work well live. Little Goblin was totally out of place. Many tracks which is still unreleased. Love Rhythm of Life, but it didn't fit in with the rest of the setlist. A bad time for the group.

Vega, Copenhagen, Denmark 2005
Dead Ken Beats
Wake the Fuck Up
Their Law
Hot Ride (Passenger Mix)
Breathe
Spitfire
Back 2 Skool
Firestarter
Warning
Gun Reprise (snippet)
Climbatize
Voodoo People
Encore:
Poison
Smack My Bitch Up
Out of Space

Dead Ken as an opener was really unexpected, and didn't really work, but hey, at least I was lucky enough to hear it live. 14 songs only.

KB Hallen, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2004
Wake Up Intro
Wake Up Call
Warning
Their Law
Spitfire
Girls/More Girls
Breathe
Medusa's Path
Hot Ride
The Way It Is
Mindfields
Firestarter
Encore:
Poison
Smack My Bitch Up

Short set. 13 songs only. The AONO days were a tad confusing. The tracks didn't really work live, which weren't a surprise really.

Battersea, UK 1997
Dose Of Fun Intro
Benny Blanco
Smack My Bitch Up
Voodoo People
Voodoo Beats
Ride the Rhythm
Their Law
Diesel Power (Blow Your Mind version)
Funky Shit
Prepare for the Rush
Breathe
Narayan (Beats)
Serial Thrilla
Poison
Climbatize (Link)
Mindfields
Rock 'N' Roll
It's My Own Secret Technique (Link)
Firestarter
Fuel My Fire
Full Throttle

This was a fuckin show. This is what a setlist should look like. Lots of surprises. Though I miss some Experience tracks

Karen, Sweden 1994
Your Love
Brown
Voodoo People
Rhythm of Life
Poison
Out of Space
Now Hear This
Their Law
Skylined
Rock 'N' Roll
No Good (Start the Dance)
Jericho
One Love
Maxim's Rap
Gabba

A lot of the greatest tracks which are never played anymore, and lots of the best unreleased rareties. This show is legendary

What setlists have you seen that did surprise you?

Last edited by Trawizz on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
I can not really talk a lot about the show in Denmark of 2004, but I had the luck to see and hear the first version of Warning live as they played at Flippaut Festival in 2005, in Bologna and I don't exaggerate if I say that it was one of the best live tracks ever. Totally insane and very good working, having a great live vibe. I still ask me why did they burn it out, changing version and, in the end, making it instrumental for the soundtrack of a movie such as Smokin' Aces. Same discourse is for AWOL. The first live version was thousand times better than Strike one.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:47 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
nucleartitan wrote:
I can not really talk a lot about the show in Denmark of 2004, but I had the luck to see and hear the first version of Warning live as they played at Flippaut Festival in 2005, in Bologna and I don't exaggerate if I say that it was one of the best live tracks ever. Totally insane and very good working, having a great live vibe. I still ask me why did they burn it out, changing version and, in the end, making it instrumental for the soundtrack of a movie such as Smokin' Aces. Same discourse is for AWOL. The first live version was thousand times better than Strike one.

There exist a couple of fanmade versions. One with the lyrics from Warning and one with the lyrics from Run with the Wolves. Much better! Have you heard them?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:24 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Trawizz wrote:
nucleartitan wrote:

There exist a couple of fanmade versions. One with the lyrics from Warning and one with the lyrics from Run with the Wolves. Much better! Have you heard them?

I know and I heard 'em. Moreover I think that you did a really good job with it. I also appreciated the work that you did with Purple Haze and the reworks with Rock'N'Roll and many other trax. I use to hear each rework or re-elaborated version that you do. That's brilliant. ;)

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:41 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
My weird experience, out of these few gigs I attended to, was Orange Warsaw Festival 2014.

Spitfire
Voodoo People
Jetfighter
Filler Discontent
Breathe
Omen
Rok-Weiler
Poison
Thunder Dub
AWOL
AWOL Beat Jam
Firestarter
Run With the Wolves
Spitfast
Omen (Reprise)
Invaders Must Die
Smack My Bitch Up
---
Take Me to the Hospital
Their Law

Weirdest thing was, when us, naive fans wondered whether we would finally get some setlist changes, they out of fukin nowhere started with Spitfire. Then proceeded to play exactly the same setlist (in the same order). Including playing Spitfast, which felt kinda weird after Spitfire. I remember I was expecting something different to happen for the entire gig. Maybe it's silly, but I didn't enjoy the gig because of that.

My relationship with Spitfire is a weird one, too. After it stopped being played regularly in the sets in 2010, it was played only five times: twice in China, once in Poland, and twice in Germany a few months ago (one of which - Munich - I attended too). I'm not counting how they played Spitfire/Spitfast hybrid for a while (I heard both hybrid version in 2012, a day after it debuted, and Spitfast alone in 2014, too)

The weirdest Prodigy live experience for me was probably Woodstock 2011. Even if it was only my second gig, I felt so freaking weird, because it happened about two months after the WoF DVD release, so by the time of the gig I knew the DVD by heart. It was very eye-opening to me when I stood there and felt like I was watching the DVD again in 3D, because apart from being surrounded by thousands of people, absolutely nothing was different from a gig played a year before, which I saw in a cinema, then a few times at home too. All the same lines, which I was able to quote before Maxim even said them... And the DVD had Weather Experience or EITP... Going out of the festival grounds, I swore to my friends that I'm not even going to see them live again (it was rather stupid to say so, I guess...)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:18 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
I think the Prodigy did 3 shows in Denmark, which was more or less, the same setlist, so I took a break with them until something else happened. I was a bit weird for me to decline shows with the group, since I have been fan since 1994. IN the olde days, you never knew what they would come up with. Ugh, I am glad I never heard Jetfigter live. That one is one of the worst in my opinion.

Offline Profile