<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Genuine expectations for No Tourists?

Where is your expectation level. Which one fits you best?

It's Prodigy - it'll be awesome and I'm counting the seconds
42%
[ 13 ] 42%

Not maybe as high as usual but still excited
29%
[ 9 ] 29%

Lower than usual - should be decent but I'm staying calm
10%
[ 3 ] 10%

Pretty low - the singles have killed a lot of my hopes
16%
[ 5 ] 16%

Basement - this is going to be a turkey
3%
[ 1 ] 3%

Total votes : 31
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:01 pm
PrivatePrivatePosts: 224Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm
So, for the first time, my expectation levels for a new Prodigy album are modest at best. Given the three singles we've heard so far, it's, IMHO, a mile off what they are capable of, and maybe that statement is now 'used to be capable of'.

While LUTS was passable (then actually great with Trawizz' remix) the other two are probably my most hated Prodigy tracks of all time, by a mile tbh. Even worse than Action Radar, Phoenix, Ibiza, Rhythm Bomb...

So I've reduced what I'm hoping for. I hope I am proven wildly wrong and No Tourists is as good as normal.

But where do you guys sit on hopes for this one?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:17 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
My top tunes after the "AONO" album are "TDIME", "Warning" and "The Big Gun Down" so it is hard to predict/expect anything.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:12 am
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
I am both excited and calm. Somewhere between option #2 and #3.

After TDIME came out it felt like the band could end anytime soon, and I kind of accepted that. So having another album, and so early, feels good. Yet I feel like it won't be as good as TDIME. But if it can be at least better than IMD for me, I am happy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:16 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 826Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
I dreamt this morning, that the album had leaked and there was a new music video aswell, which was quite bad where Liam H said "We Live Forever", then Liam Gallagher said "We Live Forever" right after, and then Maxim, I can't tmemeber if he said the same. It was like Keith was not even in The Prodigy anymore, but Liam Gallagher took his place. What a nightmare. The album must leak tomorrow, before I loose my mind ...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:36 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6514Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Trawizz wrote:
I dreamt this morning, that the album had leaked and there was a new music video aswell, which was quite bad where Liam H said "We Live Forever", then Liam Gallagher said "We Live Forever" right after, and then Maxim, I can't remember if he said the same..

We Fucking Live For Fucking Ever??

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:41 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 2660Location: Zagreb, CroatiaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 am
Harbinger wrote:
Trawizz wrote:
I dreamt this morning, that the album had leaked and there was a new music video aswell, which was quite bad where Liam H said "We Live Forever", then Liam Gallagher said "We Live Forever" right after, and then Maxim, I can't remember if he said the same..

We Fucking Live For Fucking Ever??

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:06 pm
Quite possible ;) I remember now they were singing it, which is even more ridiculous

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:43 pm
After WLF came out... can I change my vote...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:44 pm
feelthy wrote:

After TDIME came out it felt like the band could end anytime soon, and I kind of accepted that. So having another album, and so early, feels good. Yet I feel like it won't be as good as TDIME. But if it can be at least better than IMD for me, I am happy.

I read a post elsewhere (reddit maybe?) claiming TDIME was duff.

And I will admit there's a lot of weaker stuff on it.

But the all time worst has to be AONO surely?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:35 pm
Danny_G13 wrote:
feelthy wrote:

Depends if you replace the updated or early tracks instead of the album versions. Then it is rather great. The 2004 aono is a bit boring.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:43 pm
Trawizz wrote:
Danny_G13 wrote:
feelthy wrote:

Depends if you replace the updated or early tracks instead of the album versions. Then it is rather great. The 2004 aono is a bit boring.

Fair point. But I wouldn't. I like to keep it pure.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:33 am
Strange one again. Disliked Resonate, Champions, hated TBZ and BBT. Tracks that at first I didn't really care for are now some of the most liked. BBT especially.

I tried to listen to the album differently to how I had been, how it was put together, more than just vibing from it. Made me like it more :? Weird.

Re-score is 9/10 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:13 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Harbinger wrote:
Strange one again. Disliked Resonate, Champions, hated TBZ and BBT. Tracks that at first I didn't really care for are now some of the most liked. BBT especially.

I tried to listen to the album differently to how I had been, how it was put together, more than just vibing from it. Made me like it more :? Weird.

Re-score is 9/10 8-)

Your ear got used to them, that's all.
Some are growers while others are showers. :-D
Watch out, some people around here will chastise you for liking them only after an illegal amount of listens.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:16 pm
gcx wrote:

Your ear got used to them, that's all..

Been listening to it for the last two weeks, this was a recent thing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:18 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
yes, I'm one of them muahhahahahaha

This album is a grower I think. All albums are growers if we listen to them 40 times a day. We are forcing ourselves to make them grow...thing is, will it be a grower in 6 months time or will it be deleted from our mind as many growers and best evers since TFOTL before? :-D

Now, honestly, I think this album will age better than the last two. I'm positively surprised except for one track. Even COL is better than Run and Rok-W (assuming they are the same type of track)

Offline Profile