<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Top 5 Best/Worst Post-90s Album Tracks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:56 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 579Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm
Best
1.Spitfire
2.Omen
3.The Day Is My Enemy
4.Wake Up Call
5.Action Radar

Worst
5.Warrior's Dance
4.Shoot Down
3.Ibiza
2.Need Some1
1.Medusa's Path

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:40 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Best:
Warriors Dance - incredible dance track.
Destroy - just pure madness
TMTTH - a bit of both rocky madness and oldskool vibes
Spitfire - so far it's the only post-90s track that wouldn't feel out of place on TFOTL
Memphis Bells - not perfect, but got great moments there. Very good in a club.

Worst:
Ibiza instrumental - vocals are great, I hate the Liam part with passion. Would love to hear it live tho.
Run - live it's a different beast, and I don't mind it much there, but there are better tracks to put in a setlist. Studio version doesn't do much for me.
Piranha - I don't hate it, but I had to choose some that I listen to less.
GYFO - basically a rocky remix of TMTTH when the original works way better.
The Way It Is - just bleak for me. Live version was better from what I remember, but I didn't listen to it too much.

When I hear the new one, I might update the list.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:21 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 31Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:14 pm
BEST
Wake The Fuck Up - yeah, it is great song to your alarm tone. speed as fuck with absolutely great oriental-style samples, simple but not boring, vocals also very basic but it didn't give you feeling that it is half-baked. love that energy and it's a big shame that they don't play it live as an gig opener, cause the title and overall feel of this track fits pefect.
Mescaline - prime example why I like IMD era, a lot of catchy melodies in this one and I like all variations made here.
Warriors Dance - best track to the dancefloor of all, that bassline is absolutely stunning. love that ravy vibe with powerful True Faith's sample.
Shadow - it may be surprising, but I like that it sounds like typical modern breakbeat, but the overall production of this track could endow whole EP by another producer. love the sound and arrangement on this one. forgotten pearl.
Spitfire - I just wanted to add AONO tracks to both lists, so this one ends up here. I don't need to explain why I think. rather slow, but absolutely powerful track with great vocal, giantic beat and that worrisome vibe, which fits to disturbing music video. also big banger live.

WORST
Ibiza - hate this type of raw punky songs and this is just primal example of this. lack of good beat, melody or anything that would make it unforgetable. also I don't like whole concept of this track - "we are better than today's EDM shit and proof of it is some nonsensically shooting guest".
Fight Fire With Fire - the same, it's basically Ibiza 2.0, but with slightly better beat and flow. it's still guest shouting something I'm not interested to to the beat that I honestly don't like.
Roadblox - drum'n'bass is one of the hardest genres for producers and a lot of good non-dnb artists failed with their attempts. and Liam is no exception. there is lack of melody, lack of some bass variation and it give you that empty feeling. but I must admit that it could work better live.
Rhythm Bomb - I like stupid dance tracks sometimes, but there is no invite to dance in this. I'm not surprised then, it's still collab with Flux Fuckin' Pavilion. no melody, no good drop, only vocal is pretty worth to notice.
Phoenix - AONO has a lot of candidates to that list, but I don't remember them. this is short name at least, so I could remember that I didn't like that one. I don't have any strong feelings to this, which could be even worse.

sado1 wrote:
When I hear the new one, I might update the list.

same. I hope that some would ends rather on "best" list.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:32 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 489Location: JupiterJoined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
BEST:

5. Resonate.
This track is getting mixed reviews but i like it, especially the second half of the track.

4. Nasty.
Yup, you heard me. Its one of the few tracks i think that Keith hits the spot with.

3. Girls.
Underrated track imo.

2. We live forever.
Feels like the 90s.

1. Give me a signal.
I am honestly quite surprised how the newest album ended with one of the albums best tracks. Again, a track where Keith is perfect in. And the pop vocals sounds just perfect. And the main tune is so Jilted.

Worst.

5. Get your fight on.
WHAT happened to this track? From awesome live tune to some demo beats track?

4. Rokweiler.
WHAT happened to this track? HOW did this become so weak? Dog barks? Why do they sound so DIFFERENT from the first time this track got played live? From actual extremely loud MURDER DOGS RELEASED BY KEITH to dog barks from a Snes game. THIS COULD HAVE BEEN A CLASSIC;(

3. Phoenix.
Id rather have Nightboat to Cairo.

2. Piranha.
Cheesy lyrics, cheesy tunes, cheesy beats.

1. Shoot down.
This is the only track by the Prodigy i only listened to once.

These tracks should consider themselves lucky because they had atleast some good bits on them: Colours and Omen.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:40 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
I'm not including the last ones yet but two.

Best post 90's:

1. Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix)
2. Action Radar
3. Warrior's Dance
4. We Live Forever
5. Medicine

6: First Warning, Shadow, Back 2 Skool, Girls

worst post 90's:

1. Get Up Get Off
2. Run With The Wolves
3. Piranha
4. Fight Fire With Fire (oh my god)
5. Rhythm Bomb

6: Phoenix, Rok Weiler, The Big Gundown, Nasty, Baby's Got A Temper (A Cappella)

remixes such as Paula Temple's, Audio Bully's, South Central's or Rusko's (among many others) are magnificent turds as well.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:08 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
greyson wrote:
Wake The Fuck Up
Mescaline
Shadow

Album tracks xD Cheater!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:22 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 104Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:17 pm
Best
Warriors dance (euphoric)
Medicine (hard hitting)
TMTH
WOF (Love the synths midway through)
Rok-weiler

Worst
most of AONO (never was able to get into the album)
Colours
Rhythm bomb
Roadblox
Wall of death

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:43 am
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
It's tough not adding the tracks from No Tourists are they feal so fresh still, but here goes.

BEST

1 - We Live Forever
This felt almost like a relief when it was released, all that I was hoping for in the last 20 years.
Modern adpatation of the 1992 sound, still sound like a band thing with the more modern lyrics, Kool Keith sample and funky breakbeat.

2 - Timebomb Zone
More funky yet modernized breakbeats, this is IT. Can someone freeze Liam's sound in this mode for the next 3 albums please?

3 - Take Me To The Hospital
This was The Prodigy back to form after AONO. Sounds complete and is packed with cool sounds. Strings towards the end are legendary.

4 - Thunder
Massive beats that vary throughout the track, great ragga lyrics and synth arangements.

5 - Omen
Heard it way too many times, but I love the melody and the lyrics are catchy. Another sign that The Prodigy were back as a band it still holds up today. I know it's supposed to be album tracks, but I'll take the single version over the album one.

Honarable mentions
Shadow (massive track that reminds of Jilted, not just because my bestie likes it too), TDIME, TDIME Dope DOD remix, Wall Of Death, Warrior's Dance, Give Me A Signal

WORST

1 - Phoenix
If you're gonna do a remake, at least call it the same as the original. Even if it's crappy.

2 - You'll Be Under My Wheels
I don't even know what to call this. Uninspired and plain wrong come to mind.

3 - Run With The Wolves
Never felt that one. It samples Senser, which happens to be one of my favourite bands and Dave Grohl's beats aren't bad, but Keith's vocals... just nope for me.

4 - Rhythm Bomb
That voice sample is real nice, then the rest happens, meh. The shorter single version made it actually better, but still one of my least favourite tracks.

5 - Invisible Sun
Give me Gotta Keep The Sun Light Out riff on repeat instead of this. Too weak, too generic, not enough oomph.

Dishonorable mentions
Beyond The Death Ray, Ibiza, Need Some1 demo, Champions Of London's riff on repeat, Nasty's high frequency beep sounds and its beat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:40 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 187Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:10 pm
Best -
Warriors Dance
We Live Forever
Timebomb Zone
Spitfire
The Day is my Enemy

Worst -
you'll be under my wheels
phoenix
Need Some1 (It's a lot worse than some of their recent b-sides.)
Ibiza (A noisy mess. Lyrics also don't skewer the edm scene as much as they deserve)
Colours (album version is a mess, live version is A+)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:37 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 393Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:23 pm
Best:

Girls
Timebomb zone
Give me a signal
Warriors dance
We live forever

Worst:

Boom Boom tap
Run with the wolves