<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  No Tourists album deserve to be platinum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:58 am
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
yes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:40 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 827Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm
Probably not...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:55 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
On sales it won't. 300,000 sales required for Platinum album in the UK. 1000 streams is converted to 100 sales according to the 'Certifications' section of this: -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_P ... c_Industry

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:37 pm
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
this album should be at every house

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:49 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
dead presidents tombs should be decorated with No Tourists poster / graffiti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
The album is awesome!

But sadly the way they convert streams to plays is all fucked up and major labels pad a lot of the mainstream artists' numbers to make it look like their albums are getting more play than they really do when its really a few singles being played.

Take Drake’s Scorpion, the biggest album in the U.S. market this year. In a clear bid to rack up as many streams possible (and break multiple records in the process), Scorpion is 25 tracks long. Yet, according to numbers I’ve obtained and crunched from Spotify-monitoring site Kworb, some 63 percent of global streams from Scorpion on Spotify since the album’s release in June have come from just three songs: “God’s Plan,” “In My Feelings” and “Nice for What.”

In fact, just six songs on the album (also including “Nonstop,” “Don’t Matter to Me” and “I’m Upset”) have claimed 82 percent of its total streams. The other 19 tracks get just 18 percent of the spoils between them — an average of less than 1 percent each.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... it-753795/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:18 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
I'm an old school fan and fucking love the album. Finally sounds like Liam is having some fun again and it comes through. Best thing he's done since The Fat Of The Land. This album has all the best things from their big 3 rolled into one. The production and master is ace.