<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Is my remix really that bad or am I being trolled?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:33 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 5Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:03 am
I posted my remix of Timebomb Zone on Youtube and got some seriously negative opinions on it. I thought what I came up with was okay... but when you work on something for a long time it's easy to lose perspective?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7jHqkQbMlA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNOLNE7hi4

Last edited by mark.1234 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:51 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 996Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:15 pm
internet anonymity leads to way more negative comments, it's something to take in once you decide to put your work out for public consumption. read the comments on the no tourists album thread. not everyone is going to like what you do and they may just have envy for the sake of envy

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:01 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Progress Is Made wrote:
internet anonymity leads to way more negative comments, it's something to take in once you decide to put your work out for public consumption. read the comments on the no tourists album thread. not everyone is going to like what you do and they may just have envy for the sake of envy

Exactly what I was planning to say. :chill:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:36 pm
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
That's just one hater in the internet, man. You should ignore him, especially if you want to make more music in your life, because there will be many more haters coming. Look how many people criticize The Prodigy music on fan forums and sites.

The melody in first 5 seconds is not my thing, I like everything else later - but that's just one guy's opinion, you can keep it whatever you wanted it to sound like :) there weren't many remixes I heard lately that sounded different enough from the original track, too, and this one does. Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:33 am
Progress Is Made wrote:

Very true and good advice! You've reminded me of the criticism levelled at commercial albums and it does put it into perspective. Those comments are the very first feedback I've received, and I'm still genuinely curious if I've lost perspective while making it and created something unlistenable.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:16 pm
sado1 wrote:
That's just one hater in the internet, man. You should ignore him, especially if you want to make more music in your life, because there will be many more haters coming. Look how many people criticize The Prodigy music on fan forums and sites.

The melody in first 5 seconds is not my thing, I like everything else later - but that's just one guy's opinion, you can keep it whatever you wanted it to sound like :) there weren't many remixes I heard lately that sounded different enough from the original track, too, and this one does. Good luck.

Well said sado1! And thanks for giving your honest opinion on it, it's really appreciated! At least I know it's not unlistenable... I genuinely can't tell because I got so lost in the details and then went ahead and uploaded it.

Offline Profile