<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  The Biggest stereotypes and myths about The Prodigy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:16 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 53Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am
We've all come across stereotypes about The Prodigy, and we can list them here.
Stereotype No. 1: I have often heard the opinion that The Prodigy is a solo project of Keith Flint, I knew people who listened to TP for several years and did not know who Liam was...

Last edited by Arsendis on Fri May 07, 2021 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:52 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
Arsendis wrote:
We've all come across stereotypes about The Prodigy, and we can list them here.

I can probably know what you mean, but can you start the list first..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
I remember shortly after AONO Liam got quite defensive over someone claiming they just shouted over a CD on stage...so maybe there's a stereotype of the band being a karaoke performance?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:22 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 97Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am
Interesting to know that they have had this kind of negative "Guetta-claims" of their own after AONO release. I did not actually know that.

They sank into this karaoke band mode somewhere between the releases of IMD and TDIME when they kept their set list almost intact. Maybe some minor shifts in the playing order. That was lame and lazy of them because they DO have TONS of ultimate live tracks from all the albums and singles/EPs and also they do have the courage to surprise the audiences. So why they stuck in the same set, I never understood it. In addition to this in many interviews they/Liam repeated they have always kept their live appearances unpredictable and dangerous. Well ..the true actions were something else then.

Luckily since then they speeded up their release time table so the sets became fresh during TDIME and NT eras.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:57 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 93Location: PolandJoined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm
1. They haven't released anything, or ended up since (enter track here)
2. Keith is the leader (proppably the most common one)
3. The one heard from my pal at school: They can simply replace the keyboardist (Liam)...
4. They are (especially Keith) the satanists, junkies, etc
5. Heavy Metal Band
6. Keith passed on because of...
7. The one heard from my other classmate 4 years ago: literally nobody listens to the Prodigy and other of my type of music XDDD

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:14 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 53Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:26 am
"Are they playing similar a Metallica?" I've heard it hundreds of times, very often in combination with Metallica, I don't know where it came from, such a stereotype that they play heavy rock or metal music, I don't know, maybe someone heard Their Law and Spitfire or some other song with a lot of guitars and that's how it happened ... Even on the Last.fm portal a few years ago their main tag / genre was rock ... Yes, there are elements of rock, guitars etc in The Prodigy's music, but no exaggeration ...
Many myths and understatements arose around their concert in Poland at Woodstock in 2011...

Offline Profile