<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Break&Enter + Nasty= Star Trek ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:02 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 10Joined: Mon May 29, 2023 7:25 am
Hello,
This question maybe comes a little late, but I always wanted to ask the following:

This part of Break & Enter (the version on Music For the JiltedGen) , the melody that starts at 2:16
and again the beep sounds at 3:50
these two melodies always reminded of melodies in the 1960s tv series "Star Trek" with actor William Shatner which I watched on TV in the 1990s

and I always wanted to know is this just my imagination or really appeared music similar to Prodigy's Break&Enter in this TV series ? (I mean was Star Trek an inspiration for the Break&Enter-melody)
Then in which episode of "Star Trek"?

Then again when "Nasty" came out on the album "Day Is my enemy" in 2015 and I heard the part that starts at 0:49, the melody also sounds really similar to the Star Trek-Theme you can listen to here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdjL8WXjlGI

the melody has a choir of women singing it (it starts there at 0:30) and in my opinion it is very similar to the "nasty" melody.

It could even be intentionally by the Prodigy (or the record company) that these two tracks (Nasty + Break &Enter) are similar to Star Trek because both of them are the second track on each album !!

Thanks for any replies!!
Respect & Greetings to every Prodigy-fan !

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:55 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
I think I understand what you mean but honestly nope. The melodies have virtually no relation to each other, let alone Star Trek. They're in different keys, have different notes and use different rhythms. Sorry.