<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  AlwaysOutdatedNeverUpdated

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:51 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 38Location: Herceg-Novi/Montenegro[ex-Yu]Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:21 pm
liam has a habit of going to the oficial site for a month or 2 after the creation of the new look , and then forgeting about it... it's just lame...
what about some serious feedback from tours , some pics , peaks into old material.... they have one of the strongest on-line fan communities and have a site that has only 1 good thing [ the mix that plays when u go PAST].... something aint clear to me... !?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:43 pm
They need to hire someone, preferrably a FAN to run their website. Their label aint gonna do it proper, and we all know the boys aint exactly computer whiz's. They need someone who knows a lot about the band and most importantly someone who WANTS to do it. I mean someone like Neko could easily do it since she knows them and goes to all the shows and stuff. I mean there's some very basic things that should constantly be updated to their site. They should have an updated live tour dates section, and pictures from recent live events, along with consistant news updates. Just look at the Brainkiller Myspace, it's got 10 X more info and pics then the official one, and blogs updated everytime there's news. I'm quite sure if people wanted Prodigy news they'd go there before they'd go to the official site. It's really not that hard to update basic things like that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:50 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 423Location: ItalyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:32 pm
This forum is THE OFFICIAL NEWS SOURCE apart LIAM messages :)
now i'm checking the official site only for know about "LIAM EXCLUSIVE"

Bologna '05
Milan '05
Pisa '06
Padova '09

and next?
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:30 pm
Neko is hardly on her own site these days due to being too busy let alone running the official one as well.

Hyperbeat wrote:
This forum is THE OFFICIAL NEWS SOURCE apart LIAM messages :)
now i'm checking the official site only for know about "LIAM EXCLUSIVE"

That "exclusive" was Andrea`s interview.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:29 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 38Location: Herceg-Novi/Montenegro[ex-Yu]Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:21 pm
@ BigSugar316
i agree with you.. noone would run their homepage better than a fan.. and pics , demos , vids , info.... would be more than apritiated...

Liam ... start givin' a s*it !!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:45 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 611Location: IrelandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:13 pm
So who wants the job? !!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:44 pm
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 381Location: Madrid, SpainJoined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:03 pm
BigSugar316 wrote:
They need to hire someone, preferrably a FAN to run their website. Their label aint gonna do it proper, and we all know the boys aint exactly computer whiz's. They need someone who knows a lot about the band and most importantly someone who WANTS to do it. I mean someone like Neko could easily do it since she knows them and goes to all the shows and stuff. I mean there's some very basic things that should constantly be updated to their site. They should have an updated live tour dates section, and pictures from recent live events, along with consistant news updates. Just look at the Brainkiller Myspace, it's got 10 X more info and pics then the official one, and blogs updated everytime there's news. I'm quite sure if people wanted Prodigy news they'd go there before they'd go to the official site. It's really not that hard to update basic things like that.

Well, I don't agree. It's not just "give the best to the fans". A website, or the web design also need / needs to help the band to sell, give some image, give some adverts to the audience. That's why all websites are done by advertising / marketing companies in the name of record companies. It's just contracting a good adverts group that will take care of the site. Of course, a website run by fans would be fantastic, but Prodigy also needs to give some image, some value that helps them to sell stuff and reach some other audiences that are NOT just the regular fans.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:43 pm
Nicky Hayden wrote:
BigSugar316 wrote:

Well, I don't agree. It's not just "give the best to the fans". A website, or the web design also need / needs to help the band to sell, give some image, give some adverts to the audience. That's why all websites are done by advertising / marketing companies in the name of record companies. It's just contracting a good adverts group that will take care of the site. Of course, a website run by fans would be fantastic, but Prodigy also needs to give some image, some value that helps them to sell stuff and reach some other audiences that are NOT just the regular fans.

I'm not saying a fan running the site should be in charge of coming up with an "image" and for the band, just simply someone who's gonna update the information already given to them. Both the band and the label have proven they can't run it properly, so have someone who is dedicatd to the site, not some XL rep or whatever who does 50 sites, but someone who can update it with pics, tour dates, news, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:55 pm
So it's decided.... as much as we like the repeating brain-damaging beats that play all time on the site.... a decent official web-site would be a good thing.. for all the fans to gather in 1 point ..... and i say this with huge respect to all the unofficial sites that have continued their work eaven in the years when there was no sign of The Prodigy....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:22 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 611Location: IrelandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:13 pm
Maybe we will get a new website with all the demos? (Fingers crossed)

Offline Profile