Fuel My Fire
0%
[ 0 ] 0%

Total votes : 33
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:46 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 93Location: PolandJoined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm
Brothers, sisters, and other siblings,
The Fat of the Land just turned 24.

The album, which followed the path of its predecessor, but this time also met the heavy use of the vocal talents of the Maxim, and Keith, who's surprising feature on the Firestarter made him one of the most influential icons of popculture to this day.

What's your fav tracks out of album?

My top 3 right now will be as it follows:
SMBU
Funky Shit
Narayan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:53 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3819Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
I love all of FOTL, including its b-sides. Throw Molotov Bitch, One Man Army, The Trick, and Ghost Town on it and it would still be a great album.

I would have to choose Smack My Bitch Up. I remember being blown away by Firestarter and Breafhe before the album dropped. Then, coming home from school and finding the CD on my bed (thanks to my mom picking it up for me while I was at school) and putting on the album for the first time, hearing the opening moments of SMBU. That build up until all hell breaks loose. It's just massive. I didn't think they could top Breathe and Firestarter, but, man, was I wrong. Funky Shit is another great one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:45 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
I was about to vote SMBU but decided on Narayan. That song is such an epic odyssey of music, beats and soundscapes. There's nothing else really like it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:48 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 93Location: PolandJoined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm
BTW, I almost forgot to say it, but there was a nice story of how I bought my TFOTL copy...

January 2017:

I have bought the Jilted and Exp already, so I decided to buy the TFOTL...
I'm searching my pockets, etc for some small change pennies hiding in my pockets, etc, and found like 19,99 zł.
I thought: Fuck it, I need at least the 23zł... Then I remembered myself, that I had some kind of discount from the royality program, so I went on my phone, to check out the discounted price: 19.98! NAILED IT! XDDDD
So I reserved it and went to school XDD

I'll never forget this moment:
I just came back from the centre of my city, I felt tired and cold, the snow was snowing, real winter in general.
I went to the shop, asked for my order, and started to reach out for every single penny in my pocket apologizing the saleswoman...
She said, that it's okay, she completely understands it, but the look on her face... I'LL NEVER FORGET ABOUT IT XDDDDDDD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1513Location: GreeceJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am
Firestarter
Mindfields/SMBU
Narayan

Offline Profile