<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Nasty - discuss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2478Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 pm
JimbQ wrote:
Firefighter lmao, damn auto correct. JETfighter.

haha! You reminded me...this album is missing a fire track :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:32 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
We jugde this as Omen 2.0 because of the beats. I really need to sleep with this track.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:35 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 935Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 am
goddamned generic plastic drums

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:37 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
Yeah Geil wrote:
goddamned generic plastic drums

THAT is the big problem with the track, indeed. Unfortunately, I'm afraid, if the single has these sort of beats, the rest of the record will do so, too. Gnnnr.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1718Location: Always outdrunk, Never outsoberJoined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:32 pm
My 2 cents....

I'll start with the negatives. It sounds a lot like Omen. I also thought it would be a bit more hard hitting.

So the positives. The vibe is aggressive as promised. The vocals are short and snappy like all of Keith's vocals should be. The melodic break is easily the finest part of the track. But even though it sounds like a track that's over 6-7 years old it doesn't sound dated. It sounds better with every listen.

It gets a 8.5/10 from me.

Maybe I'll have a different opinion on it when the album comes out......

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1113Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:05 am
Nightmare wrote:
We jugde this as Omen 2.0 because of the beats. I really need to sleep with this track.

as i said, even Shazam said the track was Omen :lol:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:59 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
And there we had Liam say "Dance music across all types has become formula-based," Howlett told Q magazine. "It's: 'Here's your drum fill, here's your build.' All that DJ bollocks and tutorials on YouTube shit. This album is totally organic. Pure violent energy."

Ha! Organic my arse. It's a very formulaic tune. It's also not hard to make something violent sounding. Ramp up the bpm, get out the distortion pedals - done. So no applause for "being violent", that's just catch phrase hunting.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
I think the track is utter shit. Anyone else think that the Eagle Break sounds out of place? Like it was just slapped there for no particular reason but to fill a void?

One more thing. Why did his beats become so static all of a sudden? i mean, Thunder and TMTTH had that progressive rolling type of beat.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
i don't want to think i'm so dumbass numb on music, but i don't get the comparison with omen. Omen is much more melodic, tempo is different, maybe only the beats, some of it. overall - no

and plastic drums, what the fuck. .. emphasis is not on the beats, they are not maybe that clear and standout like in old tracks, but imho they fit fine along other parts in the sound.

guys, try, explain me pls. list me artists who makes these perfect drums you are looking for, active artists?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:18 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
I agree that liam doesn't seem far above the others anymore. But he's still quite a bit above most here. Only exception i can think of is high voltage - gravity

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
the man himself said in the interview - "it's simple and direct to us"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
I like the track, drums aren't the greatest and I'd have liked them more clean, but the track has a great dark atmosphere and vibe, plus the full length version is better than single edit. Synths are what lifts this track as something to turn your head and catch your ear. I'd maybe cut some of the vocal effects and clean them up a bit, but I guess that's my personal preference...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:38 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3824Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
i dig it
Omen wishes it could be anywhere near as good as Nasty
one of the better post-Experience/Jilted/FotL era
but haters gonna hate

if this is the most accessible, poppy track that they thought would be a good lead off single... i cannot wait for the rest of the album. it's gonna be much darker, heavier, and edgier affair. bring it!

better than anything from AONO and IMD, so i'll take it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:40 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3824Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
sadly we live in this "first to tweet/post/first to shit on" whiny generation of not basing our opinon on an actual full quality track and bashing it before we actually gave it proper time to listen to and take in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:43 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
NEOREV wrote:
sadly we live in this "first to tweet/post/first to shit on" whiny generation of not basing our opinon on an actual full quality track and bashing it before we actually gave it proper time to listen to and take in.

Oh. So. True.

Offline Profile