<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Nasty - discuss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:25 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
Quote:

TRANS4MER Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:23 pm
ok ok..it's been awhile since I've last posted. Good to see so many people on here

What can I say about "Nasty" - well this is probably the first time when I hear a new Prodigy material and I'm not excited. This track is truly boring, sounds really dated and it does go to any new direction which is surprising when we talk about a Prodigy track. To me it sounds like a tune which has been really rushed and put together maybe a month or two before finishing the recordings.

People say BGAT was shit but I would still play that tune anytime than Nasty. When you have not released anything for the last 6 years you would go and drop some real bomb - something that would blow people away. Well to be honest this must be the weakest track from the Jetfighter/TDIME period. I would prefer any other track - Rok Weiler, Get Your Fight On, Awol or even Dogbite.

Sorry guys - I know most of you love this new tune but I think it's way below The Prodigy standards.

The good thing is that I am sure the album will be damn good - I can feel that - tunes like Get Your Fight On and Rok Weiler are exactly what represents the band the best way so I believe it's gonna be a really fresh and hard hitting album. Plus the whole rebellious vibe the band's into lately (socialy and politicaly oriented) sounds promising.

Welcome back buddy! Finally a decent and honest post, since this track has seen the light. I would disagree about something, I mean, I actually like Nasty, even though I agree with you about the fact that there is much better by the prodigy. I 100% agree with you about BGAT.
I have to say something about GET YOUR FIGHT ON: this track just tells me nothing, even though it is true that we just heard a live version, but the chorus just reminds me a bad copy of imd.
Rok-weiler has something of legendary, in my opinion.

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:27 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1296Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 am
OK, listened to it far more than necessary; still think its crap. However, I do like that bassline in the middle section and the eagle break is pretty awesome but it just doesnt fit in this track.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:13 am
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Not too keen on the eagle break section either, didn't really do much for the tune and didnt go nowhere

Offline Profile