<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Nasty - discuss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:43 pm
ColonelColonelPosts: 853Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm
If this tune came out before Omen i would have called it better. Now its just a ripp. Good tune, but not special

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:44 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
NEOREV wrote:
sadly we live in this "first to tweet/post/first to shit on" whiny generation of not basing our opinon on an actual full quality track and bashing it before we actually gave it proper time to listen to and take in.

Nah mate, if a tune sounds shit over small speakers but good over big speakers it's not a good tune.

This track is mediocre in any format, on any system.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:46 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 971Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am
the video.. man.
there's not enough love for it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:47 pm
Ekko wrote:
NEOREV wrote:
sadly we live in this "first to tweet/post/first to shit on" whiny generation of not basing our opinon on an actual full quality track and bashing it before we actually gave it proper time to listen to and take in.

Nah mate, if a tune sounds shit over small speakers but good over big speakers it's not a good tune.

I like to judge prodge tracks by three criteria:
1. Does it sound great loud?
2. Amazing Production
3. Memorable song.

Eg: smbu sounds great loud, amazing production, memorable song wise too with the melody and singing. Omen sounds ok loud, production is a bit flat but is a very memorable song. Spitfire sounds great loud, production is ok, but as a song its not much.

Nasty: sounds good loud, production is ok ( better than imd i think) but as a song it aint much

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:49 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3825Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Ekko wrote:

Who's talking about speakers?
I'm talking about proper audio quality

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:59 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 478Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am
NEOREV wrote:
Ekko wrote:

Who's talking about speakers?
I'm talking about proper audio quality

Me too:

Quote:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:45 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 935Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 am
if this song is the omen of the day is my enemy, we are in for something special

nasty is catchy, generic, and repetitive, perfect for todays radio just as was omen. the real treats are still to come

besides, it is continuously growing on me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:24 am
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 812Location: Illinois, USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:22 pm
Also, imo, I'm thrilled this song sounds so much like a IMD song. I absolutely LOVE that album so I'm happy to hear Liam didn't venture too far from that sound.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:22 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3357Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
When I first heard Nasty I thought it was a good track, but not great. Having listened to it several times now, I have started to appreciate it more and more. My wife liked the track too, but she calls Nasty a second BGAT. Nasty belongs on IMD according to her. I have to give it a few more listens to make up my mind. Curious how the rest of the album will be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:27 am
It grows because you want to like it.

But glad you like it :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:03 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1225Location: Lisbon, PortugalJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:39 am
For me the track is OK.
I was expecting something a bit faster... I guess after experiencing Jetfighter live and also hearing the Spor remix of Nasty, this track felt kind of slow!

As for the darker sounds I get but the eagle break should be in more with the beats for more chaos and mayhem!

Also curious about how the album is going to feel like.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:11 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 422Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:31 pm
My favourite melodies from 4 minute 4 seconds version of Nasty is this from 0 minutes 48 secondes and that 2 minutes 3 secondes. First sounds like hard drum'n'bass and second like movie sound. What do you think about "i ain't no tourist" sample? Accent like in non-English person.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:17 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Better than Omen, RWTW, Priranha, but not better than IMD, TMTTH, WOF, WD.

It's good track, somewhere on prodigy average. Maybe even little bit lower.

After 6 years, production technique and style are completely the same as IMD and this is what dissapointed me.

Video is uninteresting, not worth watchin twice.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3116Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
- people need to stop saying "after 6 years". that's a stupid thing to say. you know well liam didn't sit and write this tune for 6 years. the real producing for this album began 2 years ago.

- people need to stop saying it's omen.. nasty don't even have the same beat, the beat is more from his plan b remix here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJIbGS4wI_s. it's really more piranha then omen with the spooky whistle elements

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:40 pm
No its definitely like Omen with the way it kicks in and the style of the beat.

Offline Profile