<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Firestarter Video... Is it Vintage?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:06 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
So I'm at my fiancee's Grandad's house and he has the channel 'Vintage TV' on. I'm just sat there chilling listening to some classical nonsense followed by the usual dying children in Africa adverts, and then I hear Firestarter. I looked up and saw an advert with some mad looking woman talking about the video, and how it's changed the music for her. Can't remember for the life of me when it's on or what it's called (I think Vintage Iconic Videos) and annoyingly when I'd found the remote, he only has a 5 minute rewind limit on his TiVo box so I've missed it. I'll be sat here a little longer, so I'll see if it's on again, but is the Firestarter video vintage? It is what, 19 years old now, but Vintage?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:46 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Caught summin about Saffron (Republica) who featured on Fuel My Fire has a show on Vintage TV

Can't remember all the deets, saw summin on the twitter.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:47 am
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 664Location: CroatiaJoined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:18 am
you and I and all of us - were just getting old man :-D admit it and it will be a lot easier for you. if you ask highschool kids theyll tell you its ancient

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:56 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDMyg062ynE

Sunday 22nd March, 5.00pm - Saffron: My Vintage

Emerging after a wave of female-fronted bands such as Elastica and Kenickie, Republica blasted through with a more aggressive and electronica vibe. Vocalist Samantha Sprackling, aka Saffron, spiced up the scene in the mid to late 90s with genre-defying music that was described as ‘technopop punk rock’. She’s back with the band, and choosing her all-time top My Vintage tunes which include those from iconic groups she has collaborated with such as The Prodigy and The Cure.

http://www.vintage.tv/news/80/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:31 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2949Location: woppity woppity woppityJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:33 am
Firestarter's nearly 20 years old. That's proper vintage as far as the music industry is concerned.