<  PRODIGY QUESTIONS & OPINIONS  ~  Rate album #1: Experience

What is your appreciation of Experience (out of 10)

20%
[ 11 ] 20%

18%
[ 10 ] 18%

22%
[ 12 ] 22%

33%
[ 18 ] 33%

5%
[ 3 ] 5%

0%
[ 0 ] 0%

0%
[ 0 ] 0%

0%
[ 0 ] 0%

0%
[ 0 ] 0%

0%
[ 0 ] 0%

0%
[ 0 ] 0%

I don't know/Cancel vote
2%
[ 1 ] 2%

Total votes : 55
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:20 am
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
I will always love doing polls, and I plan on doing one for each album, until TDIME releases.

So there ya go, here's the first one. You can change your vote as many times as you want.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:36 am
User avatarMajestic 13Posts: 2640Location: RussiaJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:52 pm
9/10 just becuse remixes for Charly and EITP, i prefer original version, and so sad that there is DOTPD live but not studio version. But this album is amazing, especially for that time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:06 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 74Location: UkraineJoined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:34 am
I like this album. 10\10. Like someone said - it's an impression, that it was written by one breathe.

Last edited by serjcat on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:14 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1883Location: PolandJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:08 am
9/10 but just because it's too short :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
10/10 for Ruff in the Jungle Bizness (a bit underrated) - different vibe from the rest of the album and Weather Experience which sounded immense on Worlds On Fire DVD.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1718Location: Always outdrunk, Never outsoberJoined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:32 pm
Giving this an 8. The first album that got me into the band. Back when there was no real albums as such for dance acts, more of a collection of songs. But Liam tried to put some structure and came up with Jericho, OOS, Weather Experience and the remixes of the other released singles. Very strong debut album.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:33 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 597Location: MontréalJoined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
Twelve years ago, I was working with a tall black guy from Africa. I met him in the elevator one morning, he had an old discman and the flimsy headphones that came with it blaring at maximum volume.
I look at him and say "Out Of Space!?"
He replies with a strong African accent "The golden album baby!"

In honour of that guy, it's a 10.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:43 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 579Location: BulgariaJoined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm
FLAME-XIII wrote:
9/10 just becuse remixes for Charly and EITP, i prefer original version, and so sad that there is DOTPD live but not studio version. But this album is amazing, especially for that time.

I think that the Trip Into Drum & Bass version of Charly is the best one, but the EITP album version is like a 7 or 8/10, while the Fairground version is a solid 10/10. So yeah, Experience could have been better, but is still great nonetheless. I would rate it 9-.

Btw, do we really need all those scores? Anyone who rates a Prodigy album 5 or lower would probably be a troll, so perhaps just a single option (5 or less) should be enough.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:23 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 413Location: Tenerife (fan since 95)Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am
It' s a 9 out of 10 for me. The first of the golden trilogy, the rave era (I love old skool hardcore), it's not a 10 because some of the singles versions are better.

At this time, THERE WERE NO FILLERS. Expandes version in 2008 was a missed chance imo, some unreleased tunes should have been included, and WEL, not only Android from their first EP.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:36 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2916Location: italyJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm
I can not give a vote. I just can say that it's fucking brilliant and it is part of the three best prodigy albums (the first three).

www.myspace.com/thespyral
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:40 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2860Location: Bristol, UKJoined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 pm
I went for 6/10. I listen to 6 of the tracks and usually skip the other 6, so it's kinda 50/50, but added the extra point because overall I think it's a good album. I would've given this maybe an 8 a few years ago, but I think i've fallen out of love with a few tracks on there now, and find it a bit too over the top maybe? Plus, I think it was Stuie who ruined EITP for me after saying it sounded like Woody Woodpecker ha, and that was one of my favourites on the album, but I can only hear and picture that bloody bird now and it really irritates me haha. Anyway yeah it's the album i listen to the least out the five of them so far.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:09 am
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
n/a wrote:
Btw, do we really need all those scores? Anyone who rates a Prodigy album 5 or lower would probably be a troll, so perhaps just a single option (5 or less) should be enough.

wait 'til I make a poll about AONO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:17 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 109Location: Helsinki, FinlandJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:09 pm
After a little thought giving this a strong 9.

Although Jilted was the first full length I heard back in the day, Out of Space and EITP were the first tracks I heard from them and made one hell of an impression on me so theres that kind of attachment already for these songs.

The album itself doesn't surprisingly sound that dated to me even though it is basically a collection of full on rave singles apart from couple of exceptions. What makes it really strong and stand apart from the electronic records from that era is the inclusion of those experimental flourishes on Weather Experience and to an extent the EITP remix.

The one criticism I always had for it is that the inclusion of a live track stuck on the end which kind of leaves it incomplete in the same way Massive Attack's Protection is with the Light My Fire live jam at the end.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:30 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 191Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:58 am
I voted 7, it's somewhere around 6-7 for me but I went for the higher score. It's a bit dated for me, and feels cheesy at times as a result, but the top tracks on it (which are technically their cheesiest :P ) are among The Prodigy's best.

n/a wrote:

The way the word "troll" gets bandied about on this forum is nothing short of shameful. Seems like no fucker on here is allowed to dislike something.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:04 am
User avatarMajorMajorPosts: 707Location: PolandJoined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 pm
I won't be giving this a strong mark only because it's an old fan favourite. I understand Liam didn't want to repeat himself by including the single versions of some tracks, but I think Charly, EITP and Fire would be better off with their original versions. I totally hate EITP 155 and Rising while loving the Fairground version; I find album versions of Charly and Fire listenable but not great. My favourites on this album being OOS, Hyperspeed, Weather Experience, Wind it Up, DOTPD is really good as well, maybe studio version would've been even better. EITP single version smashes all those tracks by far (maybe except OOS).

Jericho 5,5/10
Music Reach 5/10
Wind it Up 5,5/10
Your Love 5/10
Hyper 6,5/10
Charly (dnb) 3/10
OOS 8/10
EITP (155 and rising) 0/10 totally ruined the original...
Weather Experience 7/10
Fire (sunrise) 3/10
Ruff 5,5/10
DOTPD 6/10

There's no 9s and 10s because I want to save them for my favourites on the other albums. (break and enter!)

Extra marks for tracks from the era: EITP Fairground - 8,5/10 Charly - 7/10

Overall will be an average. 5/10. With EITP and Charly single versions it goes up to 6/10. You can start bashing me now. To n/a who's probably thinking I am a troll because I gave it 5 - I think my scale is more realistic than your scale where every album goes at least 6/10...