PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:10 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Nightmare wrote:
Orbital - 30 Something

Tracklisting:

CD1
01. Smiley
02. Acid Horse
03. Where Is It Going? (feat. Stephen Hawking)
04. Impact (30 Years Later And The Earth Is Still Burning Mix)
05. Satan (30 Something Years Later Mix)
06. Chime (30 Something Years Later Mix)
07. Halcyon (30 Something Years Later Mix)
08. Belfast (30 Something Years Later Mix)
09. The Box (30 Something Years Later Mix)
10. Are We Here? (Dusky Remix)
11. The Girl with the Sun in Her Head (Floex Remix)
12. Halcyon & On (Logic 1000 Mix)

CD2
01. Belfast (ANNA Techno Remix)
02. Impact (John Tejada Remix)
03. Chime (Octave One Remix)
04. Halcyon & On (Jon Hopkins Remix)
05. Are We Here? (Shanti Celeste Remix)
06. Belfast (Yotto Remix)
07. The Box (Joris Voorn Remix)
08. The Girl with the Sun in Her Head (Lone Remix)
09. Impact - Rich NxT Remix (Edit)
10. Chime (Eli Brown Remix)
11. Belfast (David Holmes Remix)

Release Date: 15.07.2022

More Info: https://orbital.tmstor.es/

Umm... tracklist is promising, looks good but also disappointing because of missing remixes from the whiteboard. I also expected a new arrangement / 30 years remix for 'Lush' track.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:38 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1782Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm
So that 'Chime Re-Record (Special Request’s remix)' is an Amazon Music exclusive then? I'll probably never get to hear it.

I'm pretty certain the artist names listed on that whiteboard were a wish list of potential remixers rather than confirmed remixers.

Unless the digital release is different to the physical releases, that '30 SOMETHING' track list doesn't quite match up to what they said in this interview: -

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/orb ... sue-plans/

Quote:
It was originally intended to include new remixes from the likes of David Holmes, Jon Hopkins and Special Request, plus new versions of old Orbital tracks. Paul said: “Hopefully, Thirtysomething will be a real set for the connoisseur. It’s not only remixes and re-recordings, it’s become archival too, which wasn’t the plan until the Because deal materialised.”

Old tracks now intended for Thirtysomething include 1992’s EP Radiccio, rare songs Sunday and The Naked And The Dead plus the Eye And I remix of 1991 single Choice, previously only available on 12-inch. “We want to include tracks that hardly anyone has heard,” said Paul. “I got some of those tracks out the other day and thought ‘God, this is great!’ We did a lot of it with friends back in Sevenoaks, where we started. It’ll be great to get it out there again. The digital release of Thirtysomething is going to be massive, much longer than a normal album.”

Thirtysomething might also feature unreleased songs from Orbital’s early days, including Acid Horse. “That depends on sample clearance,” Hartnoll explained. “Acid Horse was a favourite, but it’s a mess of samples. If we get clearance, we’ll release it. We’ve also been working on another old song, One Day. We’ve updated both of those tracks. It’s me and Phil working with ourselves from 30 years ago, which was an interesting prospect.”

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:34 pm
Maybe they will release more mentioned stuff along with album reissues.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:06 pm
Nightmare wrote:
Maybe they will release more mentioned stuff along with album reissues.

That would make sense. Putting e.g. 'Radiccio' EP tracks on 'Thirtysomething' doesn't make sense if the plan is to rerelease the 'Radiccio' EP (and other 'rare' tracks) digitally later.

Quote:
“One of the first projects we’re doing for the new deal with Because is getting streamed the half of our music that’s not on streaming: our B-sides, single versions, remixes and EPs. It’s all up on YouTube, but that’s not the same, is it?”

“We’ve got a brand-new album coming next autumn after Thirtysomething. Then we’ll start a series of reissuing each album properly. I’m not sure what extras we’ll include yet, but tracks like the nine-minute Untitled, which was only ever on the cassette version of our first album, will find its way onto vinyl.”

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 9:02 am
Orbital - The Box (30 Something Years Later Mix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbXTmwCyojA

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 11:34 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:34 am
I've been liking the '30 Something' remixes released so far but the 'Halcyon & On (Jon Hopkins Remix)', 'Halcyon & On (Logic 1000 Mix)' and 'Are We Here? (Shanti Celeste Remix)' aren't to my taste. I find it strange that so many of the remixes are for the same tracks. There are only 6 tracks which have been remixed by 14 different artists. I wonder if Orbital only offered those 6 tracks for remix or the artists got to choose and they all picked the same few tracks.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:38 pm
Quote:
Due to stock transit issues (Brexit) which are out of our control our '30 Something' release has been moved back 2 weeks to 29th July.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfq8wL5oPcA/

https://twitter.com/orbitalband/status/ ... 3574128642

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:57 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1305Location: GreeceJoined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:32 pm
Orbital - Smiley (Official Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Gq50dDKMs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:03 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
New single - October 2022
New album - February 2023
Brixton Academy - April 1st, 2023

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:22 pm
This mix features 5 tracks off the new album due for release in February: -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0019cc8

Quote:
Released On: 29 Jul 2022
Available for 28 days
Orbital, the electronic music duo comprised of brothers Paul and Phil Hartnoll, take over this week's Friday Guest Mix celebrating a 30 year anniversary with new album 30 Something, featuring a host of reworks, remakes, remixes and re-imaginings of landmark Orbital tracks.

Tracklist

1 Orbital - Smiley
2 Orbital - Home (The Hottest Day On Record Mix) (feat. Anna B Savage)
3 Orbital - Numbers
4 Orbital & Penelope Isles - Are You Alive?
5 Orbital - Spicy
6 Orbital - The Box (Joris Voorn Remix)
7 Orbital - The Box
8 Orbital - The Girl (Floex Remix)
9 Orbital Belfast (Yotto Remix)
10 Orbital - Impact (Rich NxT Remix)
11 Orbital - You Are The Frequency

"Spicy" uses extensive samples of the Spice Girls "Wannabe"!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:14 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 109Location: Helsinki, FinlandJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:09 pm
Probably only three from the album, as Numbers is a Kraftwerk cover and Spicy obviously a Wannabe remix. Still sounds promising enough. Smiley is a great track as well.

2023 looking good with new albums from The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers and Orbital all but confirmed. :-D

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:48 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1349Location: Manchester, EnglandJoined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am
Heads wrote:
Probably only three from the album, as Numbers is a Kraftwerk cover and Spicy obviously a Wannabe remix. Still sounds promising enough. Smiley is a great track as well.

2023 looking good with new albums from The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers and Orbital all but confirmed. :-D

They released numbers in 2016 as a limited 7 inch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE1nzEbOjNE&t=2s

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:18 pm
I'd never heard 'Numbers' before. Maybe it will be getting an official release as an Orbital track on the new album?

On Twitter Paul Hartnol said "Home (The Hottest Day On Record Mix) (feat. Anna B Savage)" is an exclusive remix of "Home" off the new album done especially for the Mary Ann Hobbs show.

Offline Profile