<  MUSIC  ~  TIDAL - streams FLAC at 1411kbps

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:45 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
The first artist owned streaming service that beams CD quality music to your mobile

Quote:
Tidal is a brand new music streaming service and it's got a secret weapon – a USP that makes it stand out from the crowd.

On the surface it looks just like Spotify. It's got an excellent Chrome-based web player as well as decent iOS and Android apps.

It offers comprehensive playlist functionality, sharing of music as well as offline listening. And the library is off to a good start with 25 million tracks.

But instead of only serving up compressed music formats like MP3 and OGG – as do Spotify, Google Play Music and most of the others – Tidal offers music at CD quality.

Yes, there's finally a fully-fledged music service that streams FLAC at 1411kbps. And I can tell you now, it's brilliant.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio- ... 607/review

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:15 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
So I just started my 30 day free trial of TIDAL and finally getting to experience it myself.
And I must say... HOLY FUCK!
It is great!

Screw all that you need good headphones and a high end stereo nonsense.
In my shitty ass car with it's shitty stock speakers there's a huge difference in quality.
I've been paying for Spotify for over 6 months now and I'm seriously thinking of leaving.
My girl actually complained to me that she thought Spotify sounded shitty.
Like an online radio stream, sorta muffled and not so full sounding.
It was something I personally felt as well and was shocked when my girl brought up Spotify's quality the other day.
So I said fuck it and tried Tidal.
I've had TIDAL for a couple of days and I must say that I'm blown away in the instant difference.
I'm actually a little pissed off that I stayed with Spotify this long and paying mediocre sound quality.
If my shitty stock car speakers can show the difference I can't even imagine the sound quality on some decent headphones or speakers.
Plus Tidal actually had some more releases from The Prodigy compared to what Spotify has, especially when it came to singles.
I actually dig the layout and set up more on Tidal as well.
But instantly I was impressed and heard a huge difference between the two.
I sat in my car for a bit A/B-ing different styles of music and wow, TIDAL hands down sounded the best.
I'm honestly willing to spend more money after what I heard.
It's like having a huge warehouse of CDs with you wherever you go.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:50 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 94Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:17 pm
Can you like "transfer" what you have from spotify to tidal? not playlists only but also saved artists/albums

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:07 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3821Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
mayhem wrote:
Can you like "transfer" what you have from spotify to tidal? not playlists only but also saved artists/albums

I'm not entirely sure.
Something I gotta look into.
I just did it by hand, saving all the artists I had saved on Spotify.
Took a little bit.