<  MUSIC  ~  Amon Tobin - Untitled 2016 / 2017

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:04 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Quote:
Amon Adonai Santos de Araújo Tobin (born February 7, 1972), known as Amon Tobin, is a Brazilian musician, composer and producer of electronic music. He is described as a virtuoso sound designer and is considered to be one of the most influential electronic music artists in the world.He is noted for his unusual methodology in sound design and music production. He has released seven major studio albums under the London-based Ninja Tune record label.

In 2007 he released Foley Room, an album based entirely on the manipulation of field recordings. His latest album, 2011's ISAM, included "female" vocals made from his own processed voice.[4] His music has been used in numerous major motion pictures including The Italian Job and 21. Tobin has created songs for several independent films, including the 2006 Hungarian film Taxidermia, and had his music used in other independent films such as the 2002 Cannes Palme d'Or nominated Divine Intervention. A selection of his tracks were featured in commercial bumps on Toonami and in the 2005 anime IGPX, and he produced the musical scores to critically acclaimed video games Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory by Ubisoft in 2005, and Sucker Punch's Infamous in 2009.

Since 2015 he is working on a new album so we can expect 7th longplay maybe this year or 2017 for sure. Either way it's a good time to start an overall thread. Im a huge fan of his work. His last album called ISAM is very, very good but... the worst of his discography ;) + awesome live show with amazing visual experience and beautiful box set with rarities, bonus stuff etc. (very good example for Mr H. how to release unreleased stuff). Anyway I prefer old stuff like Bricolage, Supermodified, Out From Out Where and Permutation so I hope that he will return to the abstract and experimental vision of breakbeat mixed with future jazz etc.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:11 pm
ISAM 2.0 Live
"Celebrating 5 years since Amon Tobin’s ISAM album and groundbreaking live show, we’re sharing his final ISAM 2.0 show from Outside Lands festival in San Francisco on 7th August 2015 in its entirety"

YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh85lplBqdU

Download:
http://found.ee/ISAMDL

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:56 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Sadly the download link comes up as corrupt archive. Many people have tried to download and unable to open it. Unforunate. I really wanted to have a copy. I hope Ninja Tune fixes it. I wrote them through numerous pages of theirs to alert them. But sadly, I tried three times with the same result and cannot open the file. :(

I'm a huge Amon Tobin fan when I first heard Out From Out Where. I bought it without a clue who he was. It had just come out and I like to go to my local record shop to peruse their electronic section. I stumbled up on Out From Out Where. It was the artwork that first caught my attention. Then I saw that Ninja Tune released it. So I took a chance and bought it. As my friend and I were driving home, we put the album on. We reached track 2 Verbal and my friend Brian turned the car around so we could go back to the record shop for him to grab a copy for himself. I began collecting his work from then on. He's actually the artist that I've seen most live... 10 times. He used to play yearly on this concert cruise boat out of NYC. It's called Rocks Off Cruise. Every summer he would play it. $35 to go on a boat that fit about 300 people that would go around Manhattan with him and couple of opening acts. Always a good time. Plus he would walk around the boat nonchalantly, but he did have his own room that he would go off to usually. One show he lit up a huge fucking spliff and performed while blazing up. Once he started doing that, everyone lit up. It was insane! The boat's crew was cool with it. The last time he played it was a last minute add on show when he was doing ISAM 2.0 shows. He did the boat as an in between date. This time it was a different and smaller boat from all of the other times. So he had to actually chill and sit amongst fans the whole time on the back deck of the boat. It was so weird to be out of my head chatting with friends with Amon sitting literally right behind me. I had to try and play it cool. Sadly, I did not see ISAM 2.0, but saw the original smaller setup when he came and played three nights in Brooklyn. He played at the Masonic Temple in Brooklyn, literally a Freemason church. It was fucking strange, but awesome at the same time. I actually also saw Autechre play there just last fall when they toured. Last year was a good year for IDM/Warp artists for me seeing live... saw Clark (who played with Nosaj Thing & Rival Consoles), Squarepusher (with Machinedrum), and Autechre (with Cygnus and a DJ set from Rob Hall). Been dying for Amon Tobin to come back around to NYC. Recent shows were ISAM 1.0 in Brooklyn, the Rocks Off Cruise in 2012, and 2013 at Le Poisson Rouge in NYC.

Supermodified, Out From Out Where, Chaos Theory... that was my favorite period. Don't get me wrong, I love Foley Room and ISAM, but I miss the beats a bit. I love his Two Fingers project. His new album sounds like it's focused on modular synthesizers.

I one day hope to own the boxset physically, sadly only have a lossless rip. But I did get my hands one of these brand new through a shop...
https://www.instagram.com/p/2JaYOCwIav/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:21 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Sounds like we will be getting Amon's modular album in the future judging by this brand new track available on the Touched 3 compilation...

KARPLUS STRONG TOMS
https://touched.bandcamp.com/track/karplus-strong-toms

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:20 am
Dont want to judge upcoming album by this track. This is not the first time when track from compilation is very different than arist usual style. Anyway this "track" sounds like preparation, stuff check etc. But yep, after his instagram pictures we can say that he will bring some modular stuff on the table.

Offline Profile