<  MUSIC  ~  Gorillaz - Humanz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:51 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
"Del is in hospital still in Roskilde. He’s got seven fractured ribs and he punctured his lung on one side, lacerated it on the other. He’s gonna be fine. It was just a stage fall, and I’ve fallen off stage several times, off stages way higher than that and I’ve been so fortunate."

“When he fell down, I was looking at him like, ‘Come on get up there’s 80,000 people out there and we need to finish.’ I thought I was going to able to carry the song on. I thought he was going to be okay. But he really wasn’t. He’s gonna be alright. Bless him. It’s an awful, awful thing that I can’t quite believe. I keep playing it through my head. He will get better, he’s gonna be fine.”

- Damon Albarn

https://www.nme.com/news/music/damon-al ... ll-2353023

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:59 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Gorillaz - Tranz (Official Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Q52cVx7Bo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:43 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3115Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
Gorillaz - Cracker Island ft. Thundercat (Official Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S03T47hapAc

They absolutely nailed the 3D models this time around.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:09 am

First listen, it's definitely no Demon Days or Plastic Beach for me. Doesn't feel like it has the same ambition either of those projects had. Not necessary a bad thing for me, I like smaller and shorter albums aswel. While I'll admit I haven't done the legwork on diving into the lyrics yet, I feel like there was an interesting concept in the cult storyline to skewer organized religion and celebrity worship a bit that feels like it was missed. But, I hated Baby Queen the first time I listened to it and now I'm bopping to it regularly so who knows, I might fall in love with the whole thing in a couple months. I'm already way more into it than I ever was into Humanz.

Sillent running and Oil is just amazing for me right now, hard to skip them. The music videos this time around was top notch. Both videos really dark and beautiful. Damon Albarn said on his latest Zane Lowe interview that more Gorillaz records will be made and I still be happy to check them out.