<  MUSIC  ~  Deadmau5 While(1<2) & W:/2016Album/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
does anyone think that this guy has gone to produce better music in last few years..?

i stumbled on "while (1<2)" a year ago or smth.. loved that album. lot's of new ground for him. more experimental.. well there
are some typical 4x4 typical stuff there but rest is not bad.. + he gave out double album with alternative versions of tracks..
also hes recent album, W:....
i think he rushed it with this one, alteast he could have thought out track order little bit better.

with those last two albums.. he obviously uses more old/new analog equipment and different patterns..

anyways besides he talks bit too much on twitter, i start to really appreciate him much more as musician and love listening hes newer stuff. is it only me?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:05 am
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
I always liked the guy; he can make some very average tracks but he can make some very good tracks are too. and I also like his personnality, it doesn't matter to me if he's negative so often

I don't think his music is getting better, just being the same as always. I believe he went from doing more progressive stuff (Random Album Title, For Lack) to doing commercial-friendly electro (4x4, Album Title Goes Here), then back to progressive stuff

while I appreciate the effort of making a double CD album with While(1<2), I think the good tracks could make it into only one CD. I love tracks like Phantoms Can't Hang, Gula, and the vocal collaborations. but his attempts at making classical-ish music don't stand out for me (Invidia, Ira, etc.)

about W:/2016Album/, he admitted right after the release that he wasn't happy with it, that he rushed it just for the $$$. and by listening to it I can understand what he means.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 31386.html

oddly enough, with so many of his tracks, i feel like his music is not too sophisticated (melody-wise, song structure-wise), yet his production is always top notch (sound-wise). and a track like Let Go, at first I thought it was uninspired, but I ended up as having it on replay for a while

he's paradoxal, but I like him