Author Message

<  MUSIC  ~  New Pendulum Album - Feb. 2007

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:40 am
Pendulum will be showcasing some of their new material from their next album due out Feb 2007.
http://www.breakbeat.co.uk/events/allevents.asp

8-) I can't fuckin wait. If Blood Sugar & Distress Signal are any indication, the album will be just as good, if not better then the last one. Can't wait to get my hands on future sets and get a sneak peak :badger:

(Liam Howlett: take notes on how to release an album in under 10 years :p lol)


Last edited by TMWKTM on Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:07 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 459Location: AustraliaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:36 pm
Painkiller from Against the Grain is good, but still not as good as some of the tracks on Hold Your Colour. Jump n Twist is just awful. Not too keen on Blood Sugar either, it shares elements with Painkiller and i just find it annoying. Still can't wait to hear new album, their first is so brilliant.



_________________
Packing crowds, jam packed venues
Needles collapse, while atmospheres continues
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:15 am
Dagger wrote:
Painkiller from Against the Grain is good, but still not as good as some of the tracks on Hold Your Colour. Jump n Twist is just awful. Not too keen on Blood Sugar either, it shares elements with Painkiller and i just find it annoying. Still can't wait to hear new album, their first is so brilliant.


That`s The Freestylers. Painkiller features Pendulum alongside MC SirReal but it`s not actually a Pendulum track.
Against The Grain is the name of the label The Freestylers are on.


Last edited by Kev on Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:17 am
Dagger wrote:
Painkiller from Against the Grain is good, but still not as good as some of the tracks on Hold Your Colour. Jump n Twist is just awful. Not too keen on Blood Sugar either, it shares elements with Painkiller and i just find it annoying. Still can't wait to hear new album, their first is so brilliant.

:WTF: Painkiller & Jump N Twist are Freestylers tracks. Painkiller was produced w/ Pendulum as well, that's it.


PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:55 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1006Location: SlovakiaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:18 pm
blood sugar is an old pendulum song


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:50 pm
Saq wrote:
blood sugar is an old pendulum song


Was it ever released? I heard it on their essential mix Sept. 05 but then again Painkiller was also in there.


PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:09 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 44Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:24 pm
i actually quite liked jump n twist :(

blood sugar's quality, jus so much energy in that track. pendulum for me are one of the few acts that come anywhere near the prodigy in terms of the energy and buzz behind in tracks, and also completely changed my perspective on drum n bass.

anyways can't wait for the new album, my hold your colour cd is pretty worn out!!


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:22 pm
-KeVo- wrote:
Saq wrote:
blood sugar is an old pendulum song


Was it ever released? I heard it on their essential mix Sept. 05 but then again Painkiller was also in there.

Just the dubplate released. It's been their opening track for their sets for quite a while. Probably just written for an opener "Ladies & Gentlemen, prepare to Hold Your Colour"


PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:04 am
MrCavs wrote:
i actually quite liked jump n twist :(

blood sugar's quality, jus so much energy in that track. pendulum for me are one of the few acts that come anywhere near the prodigy in terms of the energy and buzz behind in tracks, and also completely changed my perspective on drum n bass.

anyways can't wait for the new album, my hold your colour cd is pretty worn out!!


bit off / top but Sub Focus is another one you should be watching out for. He`s doing some pretty nice stuff atm.


PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:49 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 44Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:24 pm
-KeVo- wrote:
MrCavs wrote:
i actually quite liked jump n twist :(

blood sugar's quality, jus so much energy in that track. pendulum for me are one of the few acts that come anywhere near the prodigy in terms of the energy and buzz behind in tracks, and also completely changed my perspective on drum n bass.

anyways can't wait for the new album, my hold your colour cd is pretty worn out!!


bit off / top but Sub Focus is another one you should be watching out for. He`s doing some pretty nice stuff atm.


nice one, liked the subfocus remix of SMBU, and will be checkin him out at fabric 2moro night - any tracks in particular you can recommend??


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:53 pm
MrCavs wrote:
-KeVo- wrote:
MrCavs wrote:
i actually quite liked jump n twist :(

blood sugar's quality, jus so much energy in that track. pendulum for me are one of the few acts that come anywhere near the prodigy in terms of the energy and buzz behind in tracks, and also completely changed my perspective on drum n bass.

anyways can't wait for the new album, my hold your colour cd is pretty worn out!!


bit off / top but Sub Focus is another one you should be watching out for. He`s doing some pretty nice stuff atm.


nice one, liked the subfocus remix of SMBU, and will be checkin him out at fabric 2moro night - any tracks in particular you can recommend??

Check out these Sub Focus tracks: Acid Test, Airplane, Scarecrow, Citizen Kane, X-Ray

and these remixes:
DJ Fresh - Nervous (ft. Mary (Apollo 440) (Sub Focus remix)
Baron - Squelch (Subfocus Remix)


PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:49 am
Live Dates:
OCTOBER 1ST
DETONATE, TRENT UNIVERSITY

OCTOBER 5TH
SHINOBI, KINGSTON UPON HULL

OCTOBER 6TH
FABRIC, LONDON

OCTOBER 7TH
BASSIX, SWINDON
SNATCH, KEELE UNIVERSITY

OCTOBER 10TH
VENUE, KENT UNIVERSITY

OCTOBER 11TH
DETONATE, NOTTINGHAM UNIVERSITY
TROPICANA, TENERIFE

OCTOBER 13TH
STUDENT UNION, GOLDSMITHS UNIVERSITY
QIEV DANCE FESTIVAL, UKRAINE

OCTOBER 14TH
FORM FINESSE, LEICESTER
CHIBUKU, LIVERPOOL
BREAKNECK
BOURNEMOUTH

OCTOBER 19TH
FEZ, READING

OCTOBER 20TH
AMSTERDAM
THE REMIX, LONDON

OCTOBER 21ST
BASE FESTIVAL, ROMANIA
CARDIFF
BIRMINGHAM

OCTOBER 26TH
WARWICK UNIVERSITY

OCTOBER 27TH
REFORM, EXETER
SWANSEA

OCTOBER 30TH
BELGIUM


PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:29 am
User avatarCorporalCorporalPosts: 388Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:44 pm
You mentioned Subfocus - Scarecrow. I advise to check out the "RAM DUB" I think it's called of Scarecrow.. it's found on Andy C's Nightlife 2 album, I believe. It's so much better.


Also.. does ANYBODY have the freestylers - Painkiller video in quality (i know it's on youtube but youtube sucks hard)


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:22 am
Turned into a bit of a Sub Focus thread here.
Check out his remix of Doctor Octagon`s "Aliens" also. :headbang:

He is said to be working on his album due out early next year. 8-)


PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:29 am
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 3348Location: The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am
-KeVo- wrote:
Turned into a bit of a Sub Focus thread here.
Check out his remix of Doctor Octagon`s "Aliens" also. :headbang:

Download link? ;)



_________________
http://www.the-prodigy.org | Got miles and miles of smiles
Offline Profile WWW

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC
Page 1 of 6
78 posts
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum