<  MUSIC  ~  Marilyn Manson & Prodigy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:08 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 12Joined: Mon May 29, 2023 7:25 am
I'd like to point out some similarities between songs of Marilyn Manson that appeared on his 2003 album 'The golden age of Grotesque' and The Prodigy:

Manson song "Ka-Boom, Ka-Boom" lyrics: "Inhale, exhale, let's all hail. "= Prodigy's Breathe
Then M.Manson song "Better Of Two Evils" lyrics: 'Haters call me bitch' = Prodigy's Firestarter ('Im the bitch you hated')
The Manson song "Born villain" contains the lyric "Don't pretend to be a victim" = Breathe (You're the victim)
The manson-song "Post Human" contains the "Hey hey hey" that is in Firestarter (although different singer)
This "Hey hey hey" is also used in the song "Wannabe" by Spice Girls (at 3:10) , and if anyone now thinks, why am I talking about Spice Girls, then I want to point out that Liam Howlett is married to an "All-saints"-Girl (everyone knows everyone).

That wannabe song also uses the line "If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give, that's the way it is."
And "That's the way it is" is used in the Prodigy song "That's just the way it is." (For anyone who ever thought why that Prodigy song is called like that.) I mean it could be a reference to that Spice-Girl-track (seriously).

Although Spice Girl's "Wannabe" was released on 8th july 1996, and Prodigy's SMBU was released a year later, which I regarded as a direct response to that Spice-Girl-track.
Prodigy's Firestarter was released on 18 March 1996, so it is obvious to see, that the Spice Girls used Firestarter as inspiration for the "Wannabe"-Hey-hey-hey.

Why am I writing this ? I think that both groups are Prodigy-fans. And Keith Flint even appeared on the Marilyn Manson single cd "Mobscene" for a remix in 2003. This Flint-Remix was the only Flint-solo-track that was officially released, since (as we know) Flint's album was cancelled.
So I'd like to know if anyone knows if Mr. Marilyn Manson or the Spice Girl members commented the suicide of Keith Flint ? There was no official statement released as far as I know ... Or was there any interview that mentioned Keith Flint ?
By the way do you think that Keith Flint had the Manson song "Four rusted horses" in his mind right before hanging himself ?

Thanks for any replies ; greetings and respect to all Prodigy-fans !

Offline Profile