<  MUSIC  ~  What to expect when going to a live gig

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:00 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 142Location: NL - AlmereJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:48 am
Last week visited Pearl Jam, and it was above expectations.. Intro from Ten (bass-line), followed by Release, and several other tracks from Ten, and the most powerfull tracks from other albums.. All tracks i wanted to hear were played live!

3 months ago the same with Manu Chao in Amsterdam.. One hell of a party for over 2 hours!

But what the heck with Prodigy? If i must compare their show with the rest i saw this year, it's a big zero! I saw them in 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, and the shows in 2004,5,6 were almost the same in my opinion..

What do you expect when going to a live concert?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:12 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 590Location: USAJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:52 am
yea we've all been complaining about the same setlist for quite a while... seems like 2004 to mid-late 2005 he played an AONO set list, but now he's doing a "best of" set list with a new track here and there (warning, heatwave, dead ken).

He wont play new material until its like 95% ready.

:roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:26 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 67Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:25 am
hmmmmmm!!!!!
same setlist but better interpreted!!!!
:007: :007: :007:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:05 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1004Location: SerbiaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:46 pm
expect music.

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:52 pm
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 67Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:25 am
just try geting a litel high before the show
that wil help you a lot :droool: :droool: :droool: :droool: :beer: :bigthumb:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:09 pm
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 459Location: AustraliaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:36 pm
Bigsugar wrote:
Put it this way... since 1994 most Prodigy sets are 75-85 minutes on average... since they were first played, the following songs have been played at literally every one of their gigs: Their Law, Poison, Breathe, Firestarter, SMBU... I think it's safe to say that these 5 songs will ALWAYS be part of the set, and now I would add Spitfire to that list as well. So basically of an average 80 minute set, you have 6 songs (@ aprox 5-6 minutes each = 30-35 mins) taking up close to half the set. My point is, no matter what, I think Liam will always have his hands somewhat tied as to what he will/can play because there will always be people demanding to hear those songs as they've entered almost "anthem status".

so yeah, i think that quote from bigsugar helps explain why most prodigy gigs are similar. it's a bit of a shame, although i havn't seen them yet, and when i do, i won't give a fuck what they play!.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:05 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 142Location: NL - AlmereJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:48 am
True.. Every time i leave after a prodigy gig, there is nothing to complain about.. even if the setlist is the same as the time before that, and before that.. It is always OK!

But i must say i was surprised the last time (14-7 @ DanceValley).. i didnt follow their gig's as i used to do, and didnt expect Dieselpower to be played.. So it came for me as a 'shock'! It was one of the tracks from the FotL era, i was hoping to hear for.. but after i while i skipped it, because i never read that Liam played it live (or only as demo, or for a few seconds).. correct me if im wrong! :D

Offline Profile