<  MUSIC  ~  New Pendulum Album - Feb. 2007

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:24 pm
Arie wrote:
-KeVo- wrote:
Turned into a bit of a Sub Focus thread here.
Check out his remix of Doctor Octagon`s "Aliens" also. :headbang:

Download link? ;)

haha! not this time. I only heard it on the radio so far but I`m on the lookout for it. :)

Hear here:
Code:
http://www.grounduphiphop.com/2006/08/14/dr-octagon-aliens/   

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:43 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 938Location: France, ParisJoined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:41 am
Thx all

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:58 am
User avatarGruntGruntPosts: 65Location: OZZIEJoined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:15 am
WOOHOO NEW PENDULUM FUKIN SIK!!!! Cant wait tand thanx for the info BigSugar! :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:16 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 298Location: Essex, UKJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:45 am
not being funny or anything, i like pendulum and have seen them live 3 times, i also like and live drum and bass; it is my life essentially. but. i do however object to the idea of another pendulum album so soon after hold your colour. i have listened to the dubplates and think that they have now found a formula and stuck with it. this is ok for them, but as a d & b listener, the shit that they write now sounds repetitive.

not being funny, but go back and listen to vault or parameter, those were quality tunes. now listen to blood sugar and that other dubplate, and even painkiller; sounds all the same now doesn't it. i'm afraid that they are suffering from bandwagon blue and have now sold out. the same old announcers, the same old riffs, the same shit. be original.

these are just my opinions, but i ain't gonna be paying £15-£20 just to listen to the same old shit anymore. i went to see high contrast at the oxjam on the 3rd of October @ cardiff union, was only a fiver to get in on the door and i had a much better night than I've ever had at a pendulum gig. I will have to wait i guess and fork out however much it is for the new album will be, which will probably more than i paid for hold your colour, due to the unwanted chart success and for the people that are on the bandwagon.

yours essay-writingly,

lovebuzz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:55 pm
The best Pendulum song ever VAULT!!!

VAULT VIP mix with the sickest bassline ever @ 1:50 mark. Blow the fuck out your speakers! 8-)

Code:
http://rapidshare.de/files/35860949/Pendulum_-_Vault__VIP_Mix___320kb_.mp3.html

Regular Version of VAULT:
Code:
http://rapidshare.de/files/35861524/Pendulum_-_Vault_-__Kingz_Of_The_Rollers_Vol_3_EP_.mp3.html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:19 pm
lovebuzz wrote:
not being funny or anything, i like pendulum and have seen them live 3 times, i also like and live drum and bass; it is my life essentially. but. i do however object to the idea of another pendulum album so soon after hold your colour. i have listened to the dubplates and think that they have now found a formula and stuck with it. this is ok for them, but as a d & b listener, the shit that they write now sounds repetitive.

not being funny, but go back and listen to vault or parameter, those were quality tunes. now listen to blood sugar and that other dubplate, and even painkiller; sounds all the same now doesn't it. i'm afraid that they are suffering from bandwagon blue and have now sold out. the same old announcers, the same old riffs, the same shit. be original.

these are just my opinions, but i ain't gonna be paying £15-£20 just to listen to the same old shit anymore. i went to see high contrast at the oxjam on the 3rd of October @ cardiff union, was only a fiver to get in on the door and i had a much better night than I've ever had at a pendulum gig. I will have to wait i guess and fork out however much it is for the new album will be, which will probably more than i paid for hold your colour, due to the unwanted chart success and for the people that are on the bandwagon.

yours essay-writingly,

lovebuzz

I don't totally disagree. But we haven't really heard that much new stuff, just a couple dubplates which for all we know were only written as set openers. I would like to see them do some more "dark" tracks like their early stuff like Vogayer, Vault, Kingston Vampires, etc.

However, anytime you have mainstream success you're destined to write more mainstream stuff. Although, even if they do get a bit formulaic, at least that forumla is damn cool 8-). This will probably be their "FOTL Part 2" album that Liam never did, then they'll head in a different direction after that. My opinion of them is that they are the leading candidate to bring D&B more into the mainstream, which of course will bring a lot of hate on them. They're in the same position as Liam was. If they added a semi-regular front man who could be the face of the band, they could explode. What I would like to see from them is they start to use more guitars and vocals (just like Liam did).

If you listen to Distress Signal, it is a bit of a repetative track. But those Metallica-like guitars show me what they're music can potentially sound like. Then add a vocal over that track and it could be sick. For example listen to Voyager on Jungle Sound: The Bassline Strikes Back and I think you see that adding vocals enhances the track and makes it sound less repetative.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:32 pm
Voyager:
Code:
http://rapidshare.de/files/35864110/Pendulum_-_Voyager_-_Another_Planet-Voyager_12___BBK_003_.mp3.html

Voyager from Jungle Sound w/ vocals
Code:
http://rapidshare.de/files/35865034/Jungle_Sound__The_Bassline_Strikes_Back____CD2___07__Pendulum_-_Voyager.mp3.html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:35 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 44Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:24 pm
BigSugar316 wrote:
What I would like to see from them is they start to use more guitars and vocals (just like Liam did).

Funny you should say that cuz last night at fabric at the end of the set they brought out live guitars and drums as well as the MC to play slam and fasten your seatbelts and my god did it rock! think i heard the mc say something like it's the first time they've ever done that - i would love to see this become a regular fixture cuz it really did work, and if this does happen i see them going the same direction as the prodigy....

quality night btw, am knackered from so much dancing, from the pendulum set blood sugar and distress signal most definately got the crowd goin!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:40 pm
MrCavs wrote:
BigSugar316 wrote:
What I would like to see from them is they start to use more guitars and vocals (just like Liam did).

Funny you should say that cuz last night at fabric at the end of the set they brought out live guitars and drums as well as the MC to play slam and fasten your seatbelts and my god did it rock! think i heard the mc say something like it's the first time they've ever done that - i would love to see this become a regular fixture cuz it really did work, and if this does happen i see them going the same direction as the prodigy....

quality night btw, am knackered from so much dancing, from the pendulum set blood sugar and distress signal most definately got the crowd goin!!

Good to hear. I remember hearing a while back their eventual plan was to play a full on live show like Prodigy, not just DJ.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:31 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 298Location: Essex, UKJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:45 am
oh there's a surprise.

someone up masochist VIP to prove my point.

EDIT: i'm going to go to Bass Invaders @ Cardiff SU on the 21st, Pendulum are playing at that alongside MC Rage. i'll check it out, see if they can make me eat my words... and burst an eardrum or two :wink:

EDIT #2: For those who are interested the lineup is RAHZEL! yes the legend. feat DJ JS-1, Roni Size and Dynamite, Andy C and GQ, Pendulum and MC Rage, Subfocus and MC Wrec & Moneyshot and Parker.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:58 pm
ModeratorModeratorPosts: 4509Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 am
I like Pendulum myself, I'm not really sure if it's too soon for them to release another album or not. The Blood Sugar track I remember from last year on a radio mix they did for Radio 1 I believe. Distress Signal started out cool but then it went sour once the track started all over again somewhere around half way through the track or so.

It is a dubplate though so there's a chance it could extend itself in certain areas or something so it doesn't just go from a guitar strum and beat back to the opening metal riff line almost instantly.

I saw someone mentioning their formula, something about finding it and sticking with it. I have to agree, listening to Pendulum I've found alot of their bigger 'hits' if you will, use a super saw lead, rhythmic sub bass line, and the cookie cutter 16 step beat (kick on 1, snare on 5, kick on 11, snare on 13, repeat). I won't deny I get into tracks like Slam, Spiral, etc. But if history has shown us anything in the music scene it's that you never want to sound the same way twice. Stick with the formula but change up the sounds and beats if you're adamant about the formula. With it being October they'll probably release a single very soon.

I also saw something about Painkiller not being Pendulum? That song couldn't sound any more like Pendulum honestly. I was trying to listen for the Freestylers part in the track. Pendulum may have helped produce that track but they definitely helped write it, that beat, the lead lines, that's not Aston's style. I didn't care for the other track they did together. That Jump & Twist track just didn't do it for me, that was more Freestylers than Pendulum.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:45 pm
The Oracle wrote:

I also saw something about Painkiller not being Pendulum? That song couldn't sound any more like Pendulum honestly. I was trying to listen for the Freestylers part in the track. Pendulum may have helped produce that track but they definitely helped write it, that beat, the lead lines, that's not Aston's style. I didn't care for the other track they did together. That Jump & Twist track just didn't do it for me, that was more Freestylers than Pendulum.

No, they meant Jump N Twist wasn't Pendulum.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:32 am
ModeratorModeratorPosts: 4509Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 am
Sorry Tim, just misunderstood I guess :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:38 am
User avatarSergeantSergeantPosts: 459Location: AustraliaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:36 pm
this new pendulum live stuff sounds awesome, i'm not a fan of djing, or people on laptops. can't wait to see it. i hate the mc, someone needs to shoot him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:52 pm
you think that pendulum are on laptops?! think again, we are not graced with the presence of a laptop at all whilst watching pendulum. to do so would aspire to more criticism i feel. anyways, dj'ing is a selective taste, i can and cannot understand your reasoning for your view, to a certain extent. yours drunkenly after a heavy night out watching england, and tottenham (whom i support) keeper, making a spectacular fumble,

lovebuzz.

p.s. after due re-listening to the per-issued dubplates, pendulum had better make the old songs better or produce even more better (is that possible?! bad English ftw.) songs, otherwise the same usual cretins and chart fags will be buying their music for the bandwagon, and the actual playability of the tunes will go spiraling (haha) down. seriously. i don't think that their musical direction is wise atm. it is just too soon. i have my personal reasoning, first hand from D&B sets, by this, i do not proclaim that i am a d&b guru either. its just my prediction and opinion. i would rather voice it now to forewarn d&b heads.