<  MUSIC  ~  Dr. Dre - Compton (August 7th, 2015)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:25 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
New leak... .sounds really cool.. much better than the previous one..

http://www.zanelowe.com/insider

http://usershare.net/hb287lqxnzgy

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:33 pm
SergeantSergeantPosts: 436Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:43 pm
Blacklabel wrote:
New leak... .sounds really cool.. much better than the previous one..

http://www.zanelowe.com/insider

http://usershare.net/hb287lqxnzgy
not on the album and is probably a couple years old. Dre is in the studio daily now and has been for about 5-7 months. The reason this hasn't come out in over 10 years is he never really "felt it" and since this is his final album he wanted to make sure he had a new sound and it was going to be exactly what he wants. About 5-7 months ago he found the direction and sound he wants and has been going non stop on it. I wouldn't expect to hear anything actually from the album for a little while, and by that I would think late fall early winter. This album is going to be fuking great though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:42 pm
oooh where did you read that? thanks for the info :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:58 pm
Blacklabel wrote:
oooh where did you read that? thanks for the info :)
multiple interviews and I tweet/ustream Dawaun Parker and someone else who works with Dre. The only artist I care about as much as The Prodigy is Dr. Dre so I check on this album daily.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:29 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
i've got some dre news too.

he's working on a new album, or has been, each track will be named after a planet in the solar system.

from what i can remember, dre said he's wanted to do this for a long time, its going to be completely instrumental and that every track is made with his own idea of how each planet would sound.

not his exact words, but its close enough

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:11 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2744Location: ItalyJoined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:58 pm
ehacker wrote:
The only artist I care about as much as The Prodigy is Dr. Dre

same here, following him since NWA when I first heard on MTV '100 miles and runnin'
I'm also into gangsta shit like Ice Cube and DOC of course as they were NWA's, Xzibit, WC and the new youth named Game

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:40 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
You should give king gordy a go, he's pretty darn good too, he does Horrorcore rap music which dre has done on both his Chronic albums

PS: could someone upload what black label uploaded up a few posts, the files been deleted !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:12 am
Cogglesz wrote:
i've got some dre news too.

he's working on a new album, or has been, each track will be named after a planet in the solar system.

from what i can remember, dre said he's wanted to do this for a long time, its going to be completely instrumental and that every track is made with his own idea of how each planet would sound.

not his exact words, but its close enough
yeah he said it's called planets, but seeing as we have heard about Detox for around 10 years I wouldn't expect Planets anytime soon. Does sound interesting though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:17 am
BRAINKILLER wrote:
ehacker wrote:
The only artist I care about as much as The Prodigy is Dr. Dre

same here, following him since NWA when I first heard on MTV '100 miles and runnin'
I'm also into gangsta shit like Ice Cube and DOC of course as they were NWA's, Xzibit, WC and the new youth named Game
nice! Ice Cube's new album is supposed to be pretty good and was supposed to have a few Dre tracks but Cube hasn't been able to get in touch with Dre since he is in lock down finishing Detox. So they wont be on his album but I believe Cube will be on Detox. Also Xzibit should be releasing MMX (his new album) later this year and his two single's Hurt Locker and Phenom are the best I've heard from him in a long time. Also Game has a new mixtape Brake Lights which is really good and hopefully will help him finally release the R.E.D. album later this year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:28 pm
i've never heard any of Xzibits stuff, i've heard him in tracks before with dre, eminem, nate dogg and all that but is he as good ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:33 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2744Location: ItalyJoined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:58 pm
Cogglesz wrote:
i've never heard any of Xzibits stuff, i've heard him in tracks before with dre, eminem, nate dogg and all that but is he as good ?

you should 'buy' the Up'n'smoke Tour DVD. well i really bought it i mean the real dvd from amazon. lethal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:30 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 533Location: Essex, UKJoined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:54 pm
Two new tracks (including one with Eminem) have been released to the public for our streaming pleasure! And this time, it's official (Kush has been promoted on the official Dr Dre website).

http://www.hiphopmusicdotcom.com/dr-dre ... -grey.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:55 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1006Location: SlovakiaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:18 pm
well :? i need doctor has horrible vocals wich i can hear in about 50 cheesee songs in mainstream radio stations
and kush , it is still year 2001 ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:59 pm
User avatarLieutenantLieutenantPosts: 533Location: Essex, UKJoined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:54 pm
I think I Need A Doctor has high potential. The drums are far too distorted and muddy, and the flanger effects (like at 0:35) really don't work, though hopefully those effects are just included to stop people pirating the track or something. Eminem's flow in it is great as always, and I think the emotion evoked from the track is high (regardless of the ridiculously egotistical lyrics), standing up well against many past Dr Dre and Eminem tracks. But the track wasn't even produced by the doctor, so perhaps it won't even be on the album since it's more an Eminem track than a Dre track with that in mind.

And yeah, I'm not hugely big on Kush, but it would have fit in well on 2001. Apparently Dre is releasing it as a single due to the great feedback he's received on it, despite his previous plans to make the first single something else. But then again, this is new Dr Dre material we're talking about. Of course the hype is going to be big, people have been waiting for new music from him for nearly a decade now.

Overall though, I'm not disappointed. I like Kush, and I hope I Need A Doctor is only a work in progress, as I feel that it has the potential to be excellent.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:01 pm
I quite like Kush... that one and "Topless" are the two best leaked tunes out of Detox so far... The Dr. is back :) I'm cautiously optimistic for this...

also.. Kush needs a Hype Williams directed video ASAP.

Offline Profile