<  MUSIC  ~  Underworld

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
Underworld Live at BBC 6 Music Festival, UK (13.02.2016)

Tracklisting:

01.I Exhale
02.If Rah
03.Dark Train
04.Pearl's Girl
05.Two Months Off
06.Low Burn
07.Jumbo
08.Scribble
09.Ova Nova
10.Nylon Strung
11.Rez / Cowgirl
12.King Of Snake
13.Born Slippy NUXX

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he8JwYDL1wk

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:40 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:20 am
Quote:
On 17th March 2018, Underworld played Reykjavik for the first time since 1994. This film is inspired by Underworld’s track ‘Brilliant Yes That Would Be’ & the Icelandic Landscape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R-bl2s5V74

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:21 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm

ISSUE 41 MAGAZINE & VINYL BUNDLE

This month’s cover feature offers a unique insight into the world of Underworld, as we spend the day with Karl Hyde and Rick Smith at their remote HQ in the rural wilds of East Anglia.

From 1994’s epic ‘Dubnobasswithmyheadman’, with its mysterious black and white sleeve art, to 2016’s much acclaimed ‘Barbara Barbara, We Face A Shining Future’, there’s long been something special about Underworld, something about their life-affirming melodies, beats and poetry that connects them to people all over the world. The group are just about to launch a new project – World Of Underworld – and it sounds like it’s going to be an exciting new chapter in the band’s always fascinating story.

By the way, if you look closely at our magazine cover, you might find that there’s a little bit more to it than first meets the eye. Almost 1,000 words more, in fact.

EXCLUSIVE UNDERWORLD SEVEN-INCH ‘WORLD OF UNDERWORLD IN ELECTRONIC SOUND’

This month’s exclusive vinyl is ‘World Of Underworld In Electronic Sound’, a limited edition seven-inch bringing together two fantastic tracks by Underworld, one of which has never been released in the UK before and neither of which have ever previously been issued on vinyl.

One side of our single is ‘Twenty Three Blue’, which until now has only been available on the Japanese version of the ‘Barbara Barbara, We Face A Shining Future’ album. Karl Hyde says it’s one of his all-time favourite Underworld tracks. The other side is ‘Puppies’, which recorded around the time of the 1996 ‘Second Toughest In The Infants’ album and originally released on one of the remix CDs of the ‘Pearl’s Girl’ single.

As always, our magazine & music bundle is a strictly limited edition and only available directly from us, so make sure that you grab your copy right away!

ISSUE 41 & VINYL BUNDLE | PRE-ORDER
£10.99

https://electronicsound.co.uk/product/i ... 180af72d15

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:55 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
https://www.facebook.com/HEARTIbizaOffi ... 108595662/

Underworld sat down at Ibiza to do a little interview and said we will find out what they've been up to in the next few days.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:57 am
NEW MUSIC NEWS COMING SATURDAY!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:56 pm
Saturday 26th May 9pm BST
Quote:
Gideon Coe presents the whole of Underworld's headline set live from Biggest Weekend in Belfast, and highlights from across the day, including Dream Wife, Soak, Young Fathers, First Aid Kit and Neneh Cherry.

Last edited by Harbinger on Sun May 27, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:24 pm
UNDERWORLD & IGGY POP
BELLS & CIRCLES

https://youtu.be/KmJWD9jQvhc

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:46 am
Juanita
2 Months Off
Bells & Circles
King Of Snake
And I Will Kiss
Low Burn
Rez/Cowgirl
Born Slippy (NUXX)

AUDIO https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b48zq7

VIDEO https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b ... underworld

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:51 pm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:27 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:57 pm
Underworld & Iggy Pop - Teatime Dub Encounters

From underworldlive.com:
While overseeing the soundtrack for T2 Trainspotting, Underworld’s Rick Smith arranged a meeting with Iggy Pop in a room at The Savoy Hotel on London’s Strand to discuss working on collaborative music for the film. Their respective tracks Lust for Life and Born Slippy (Nuxx) had perfectly bookended the first Trainspotting film two decades previously. On arrival, Iggy found a fully working studio set up and eagerness to get cracking.

Says Rick Smith “Iggy was staying at The Savoy and graciously said ‘yeah you know we we can meet and talk about something’ because we both felt a strong connection to Trainspotting and to Danny. I turned up thinking I’ve got one chance here to convince this gentleman that we should work together. So I turned up with basically half my studio, hired a hotel room, set up and sat waiting.”

Says Iggy Pop “When you are confronted with somebody who has a whole bloody studio there in the hotel room, a Skyped director who has won the Oscar recently and a fucking microphone in front of you and 30 finished pieces of very polished music, you don’t want to be the wimp that goes ‘uh uhhh’, so my mind was racing.”

Teatime Dub Encounters is the result of a few clandestine hotel room recording sessions, that began a few weeks after Underworld and Iggy Pop had each released their last albums (Barbara Barbara, we face a shining future and Post Pop Depression respectively) on the same day (18 March 2016). It is neither historical or a tribute to past work, it is the work of artists in motion, engaged in a process that they both bring to all of their work – one that uses spontaneity as a spur for creativity.

Tracklisting:
Bells & Circles
Trapped
I'll See Big
Get Your Shirt

Releases July 27th, 2018. Available on CLEAR LP, CD and digital music retailers including 24 bit Hi-Res

http://www.underworldlive.com/news/2018 ... ncounters/