<  MUSIC  ~  Radiohead new album

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1730Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:12 pm
Agent Orange wrote:
Why the fuck 'dubstep influence'? Where? It's Radiohead, and they've used electronic drums for years and years.

yeah, i dont get it too - its 100% rh.

Agent Orange wrote:
I'm definitely sure that tis album needs time to grow. It's certainly another one like Kid A and Amnesiac, but more optimistic and not so much all over the place. Also, I think this is really a headphones album. The devil is in the details.

actually, it is first rh album that i immidieatly like - its beautiful. probbalby their second best after 'kid a', but i have listened to it just once so far.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:18 pm
User avatarProdigious ArabPosts: 4204Location: The Dark SideJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:22 pm
Agent Orange wrote:
Why the fuck 'dubstep influence'? Where? It's Radiohead, and they've used electronic drums for years and years.

just a tiny bit, mostly on "feral" (the amazing bass which reminds me so much of the gloaming live version) and abit of lotus flower (the break/fast drums)

they never really used that drum sound before

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:42 am
listened to the album like 10 times in the last days. great album! pure electronic Radiohead, which i love (dont like the bends and pablo honey).
cant wait to get my special box in may

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:03 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
I wonder if there'll be a part two, what with Seperator being the last track. Reminds me of cut the kids in half...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:05 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
Really loving it man, pretty much been on non-stop when I've had the chance.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:06 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
I'm really easy on listening to the album. With every album, I tend to play it whenever I can... now I just play it once in one, two days... and patiently wait for the special edition to reach my doorstep. This way I'll have more content to be looking forward too, even the music. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:40 pm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:27 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2534Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:54 pm
I'm not feeling this album - yeah there are some good songs but as a whole I'm disappointed. In Rainbows was way better. Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:42 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
My CD of the album arrived in the post today. Although I love the front cover, and there's some nice artwork inside, it's basically a small piece of cardboard folded over. Not much effort seems to have gone into the CD case. Still, the music itself is amazing, I love this album more and more as time goes on!...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:51 pm
two new songs from the record store vinyl that was released today

Code:
http://www.filesonic.com/file/701770924

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:04 pm
Enjoying the two new Radiohead songs Supercollider and The Butcher, especially the latter which is a brilliant dark atmospheric track. It makes me wish it was included on The King Of Limbs, loving the beat on it too...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:55 am
went to the post office to pick this baby . one day earlier self birthday present :-D

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:03 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4268Location: GreeceJoined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:06 am
great packaging!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:12 am
Code:
http://nodata.tv/33130

http://nodata.tv/33115

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:39 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Thanks Nuno! Been enjoying the Daily Mail and Staircase. I like the fact that Radiohead has released FOUR extra tunes after releasing the album. I know another band who could learn from that. :wink:

The King of Limbs album is perfect the way it is, though a lot of people complain it's only 35 minutes and only 8 tracks. These kind of bonus releases (an extra 20 minutes of material) put a definite stop to the endless complaining. :lol: