<  MUSIC  ~  The Official NEOREV Music Thread

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
MAKE YOUR BODY SWAY EP is now available to stream on YouTube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blybW2j6JCM

<3 NR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
I've done the music for the opening sequence of www.theprodigyfanboy.com's online video blog serving as a hub for the fan community to stay up to date with all the goings on in the world of The Prodigy along with its own fanbase's Prodigy inspired work. I wrote this tune specially for the video blog and will be fleshing it out into a full on track for a future one off release.

Here's a sneak peak of that sequence... enjoy the beats :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnk_nLo0ubM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:16 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 644Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:12 am
That beat is sick! Glad you're doing the intro man

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:53 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
great man, youre really nailing it

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:58 pm
thanks y'all!!!!!!!!!!
:twisted:

here's another little update...

Ol' skool NR heads rejoice!
For the first time, the OH NO!, DISCO BUSTIN', & ROCK THE BEAT EPs are available for download on the official NEOREV Bandcamp page (links below). These three EPs were originally released throughout 2009 and 2010 in support of my debut full length LINES & SHAPES, an album that was my homage and salute to the old school warehouse rave and breakbeat scene that inspired me to become a producer.

So the Bandcamp page is finally complete with every single NR release up for download. Well maybe not 100% complete... for the real ol' skool, and I mean true ol' skool NR heads out there, I got something special coming just for y'all to show my love and appreciation for your support over this past decade and to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of NR before the New Year is upon us. More details to follow on that. But for now, get 'em while they're hot.

OH NO! (2009)
http://neorev.bandcamp.com/album/oh-no-ep

DISCO BUSTIN' (2010)
http://neorev.bandcamp.com/album/disco-bustin-ep

ROCK THE BEAT (2010)
http://neorev.bandcamp.com/album/rock-the-beat-ep

<3 NR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:06 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
I must say again. Sway is such a BOMB. Superb man! I love those huge distorted kicks in the beginning!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1007Location: Atomic WastelandJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:26 am
Elsewhere wrote:
I must say again. Sway is such a BOMB. Superb man! I love those huge distorted kicks in the beginning!!!

+1 luv it

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:25 pm
Elsewhere wrote:

jilted wrote:
+1 luv it

thanks guys!
:-D

distorted kicks is where it's at yo! i like how i trick ya by cutting the low frequencies at the start so it's not as powerful and then BOOM! when those kicks come in it's like a kick to the genitalia.

already working on the follow up release...
with a remix EP for the track "So Twisted."

i'm working on my own reworking of the track along with an entirely brand new collab with rapper Marcuss for this release. me and him hit it off and we've been buzzing and keep writing new tunes.

talking with some amazing producers who will hopefully be involved in remixing this one. i can't get into details just yet. but if it all works out, shit's gonna be EPIC! especially for the old skool BK heads on here. the plan is to release it on Friday the 13th of December. a little gift to y'all before the holidays come around.

also, i made my performance from the 2012 ELECTRO-MUSIC FESTIVAL in Huguenot, New York available for streaming on the official NR Soundcloud...

http://www.soundcloud.com/neorev/live-a ... ctro-music

originally this was only available as a bonus track for those who downloaded the WILDFIRE EP in full... and soon it will be available on the official NR Bandcamp for download along with some extra goodies.

Tracklisting:
01 INTRO
02 OH NO! (Doomsday Mix)
03 LET'S GET DOWN (2012 Rework)
04 BASSHEAD (featuring Villain)
05 WILDFIRE
06 CHILDREN OF THE BOMB
07 PROPER FUNKAGE
08 DON'T LET 'EM GET YOU DOWN
09 BLUE LINES
10 BROOKLYN STOMP (2012 Rework)

got a busy next couple of months before New Years hits.
and thank you all once again for the support, it means everything to me. and we only just begun! :)

enjoy,
<3 NR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:59 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
NEOREV wrote:
NEOREV
MAKE YOUR BODY SWAY EP

01. Sway [featuring Marcuss] 03:01
02. So Twisted [featuring Marcuss] 03:06
03. Here Comes The Pain 03:17
04. Get 'Em [featuring Centri] 02:29
05. Terrible Sky [featuring It Was July] 03:49
06. Disrupt The Scene 04:36
07. Sway [featuring Marcuss] (Aquila Remix) 03:35
08. Sway [featuring Marcuss] (Dope Tendencies Remix) 04:23
09. Sway [featuring Marcuss] (Jericho-X Remix) 03:32
10. Sway [featuring Marcuss] (Thermonuclearity Remix) 03:50

------ Bonus Tracks With Full Download ------
11. Sway (Instrumental) 03:02
12. So Twisted (Instrumental) 03:06
13. Get 'Em (Instrumental) 02:29
14. Terrible Sky (Instrumental) 03:48
15. Sway (Aquila Instrumental Remix) 03:33
16. Sway (Dope Tendencies Instrumental Remix) 04:23
17. Sway (Jericho-X Instrumental Remix) 03:32
18. Sway (Thermonuclearity Instrumental Remix) 03:50

Download for free in the format of your choice:
http://neorev.bandcamp.com/album/make-your-body-sway-ep

Still banging this!! Filthy!

Hadn't mentioned it on BK but I love this direction. Big things!?

And the remixes do not suck!!
Biggup yasels :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:51 am
Harbinger wrote:
Still banging this!! Filthy!

Hadn't mentioned it on BK but I love this direction. Big things!?

And the remixes do not suck!!
Biggup yasels :clap:

thanks brother!
those are some kind words right derr
appreciate your support :-D

SO TWISTED EP will be available in December y'all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:39 pm
Old skool NR-addicts rejoice!

CRANK THIS SHIT UP & DO IT LIKE THAT remasters are finished to my liken...

now only 12 more tracks to remix & remaster before the official ten year anniversary release of TRAVELING AT A HIGH VELOCITY ON A DOWNWARD TRAJECTORY is ready to be unleashed.

And I gave two specially selected fans first dibs to get their hands on these tracks, since both of them showed support by creating a video on their own for YouTube with the original tunes they downloaded from back in the day. These are tracks that I posted online from back in frigging 2003... and it blew my mind to see them still getting love from folks to this very day.

So let me give a shout out to these two guys for their support...

The Zencooler
The original mix of CRANK THIS SHIT UP
taken from BRAINKILLER PRESENTS MUSIC FROM THE JILTED GENERATION Vol. 1...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zYKthM64ow

and...

godcries
mixes two of the best things together in this vid...
a slutty half naked chick licking the floor & original mix of DO IT LIKE THAT...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MYb5Zw0j1k

These guys are true old skool fans!

And as a gift, if they check their messages, I sent each one the new mastered version of the tune they loved and supported. They will be the first to get to hear these bad boys before the actual release date. Thanks to both of these guys for their support.

TRAVELING AT A HIGH VELOCITY ON A DOWNWARD TRAJECTORY, a collection of tracks recorded between 2003 and 2005 and would have been the first official NR album if it wasn't for a hard drive crash that resulted in the loss of three years worth of work. Oldies but goodies CRANK THIS SHIT UP, DO IT LIKE THAT, & COMING ON STRONG were posted back in the day on the old BK forums as well as the BK MUSIC ONE site. Luckily, two data disc worth of demos and ideas that had been rendered before the crash existed. Some songs were near completion while many were in the midst of being written. I'm taking the best of the bunch to remix and remaster as a special treat for the old skool BKers and NR fans out there. These decade old NR tunes will finally get a proper release.

COMING SOON!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:37 pm
The SO TWISTED EP has finally arrived!
Grab yourself a copy by visiting the link below...

01 SO TWISTED [ft. MarcusS]
02 C.R.E.A.M. (Cash Ruins Everything About Music) [ft. MarcusS]
03 SHOCK WAVE [ft. Noise Generator]
04 THAT'S FRESH!
05 THE SWITCH [ft. It Was July]
06 SO TWISTED [ft. MarcusS] (NR's VIP Breaks Mix)
07 SO TWISTED [ft. MarcusS] (Matthias Remix)
08 SO TWISTED [ft. MarcusS] (Jericho-X Remix)
09 SO TWISTED [ft. MarcusS] (Provokative Remix)
10 SO TWISTED [ft. MarcusS] (Ethereal Prophet Remix)

***Full download includes bonus instrumental versions***

Download for free in the format of your choice at:
http://www.neorev.bandcamp.com/album/so-twisted-ep

<3 NR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:14 am
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO MY BRAINKILLER FAMILY!

New music in 2014

<3 NR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:21 am

To celebrate reaching 800 followers on the official NR Soundcloud page and to help bring in the New Year good and proper...
I uploaded a brand new tune as a special little treat for all of your amazing support in keeping the NR vibe alive...

THE INFINITE ABYSS
http://www.soundcloud.com/neorev/the-infinite-abyss

More music to come in 2014...
Have a safe and fun New Year!

<3 NR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:23 am
Chuck Foster from The Big Takeover music-based magazine delivers an amazing review of the MAKE YOUR BODY SWAY EP...

"The world’s best underground electronic artist triumphantly returns yet again, this time adding hip-hop to his repertoire.

Right away, “Sway” opens with a hard-hitting, heavy beat augmented by a myriad of sounds and Marcuss from Dope Tendencies rapping about the bass. It’s a powerful statement that Michael Matteo, aka Neorev, can attack hip-hop with as much energy as everything else he’s done and still be ready action long the party has passed out. Macuss continues on “So Twisted,” a skulking, Southern-style celebration of marijuana. Rapper Centri takes over on “Get ‘Em,” which explodes with the bombastic quality of Dr. Dre collaborating with The Bomb Squad, though things relax a bit on “Terrible Sky,” a dark, sinister dubstep-ish collaboration with female vocalist “It Was July” that evokes all the speed-induced paranoia of cyberpunk. Two instrumentals, “Here Comes The Pain” and “Disrupt The Scene” round out the release with the thoughtful, subversive electronica that has become Neorev’s staple.

As to be expected, a slew of remixes from the likes of Aquila, Dope Tendencies, Jericho-X and Thermonuclearity add to the EP, making it more of a full-length album, though an official download garners instrumental versions of the songs, as well as even more remixes. At the staggering price of FREE, it’s well worth the megabytes.

Fortunately, Neorev shows no signs of slowing down or getting lazy. Instead, he’s defiantly releasing music in the face of the ignorant music industry. More power to him: May many more come."

-Chuck Foster

Read the full review at:
http://www.bigtakeover.com/recordings/n ... v-bandcamp

Download the full EP in the format of your choice at:
http://neorev.bandcamp.com/album/make-your-body-sway-ep

<3 NR