<  MUSIC  ~  Pendulum split up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1430Location: HungaryJoined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:04 pm
Apparently there is a rumour on twitter that Pendulum have split up and they will only continue as Knife Party. What do you know about it? Opinions?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:11 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Quote:
Pendulum have just finished a run of live dates in Australia and New Zealand, and played their last live show until 2013 last night in Perth which ended on a high! Although this was their last live show until 2013, as Rob said on his Twitter, "It's not the end - we might try to get a record out some time in 2013, and El Hornet will be more than armed for the DJ sets til then."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Rob tweeted: I can't say anything official for legal reasons. Take the hint, that's as much as you're going to get.

So seems like Rob has had enough of Pendulum, wether or not the rest of them will continue without Rob remains to be seen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:06 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
is anyone shocked by this?

i thought Knife Party cleared that up

oh well

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:58 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
Interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:45 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
Very...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:04 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
what the fuck is up with pendulum anyway, i see them in any live footage, they look beat, lifeless, spend too much money and get little in return? never really understood them, they have so many members on stage and little doing anything really special

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:51 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
there was a recent twitter post by Rob Swire in wich he asked people not to bring pendulum stuff for him to sign at Knife Party gigs... kinda refering to pendulum as "an old girlfriend that he had really hated by the end of the relationship."

eh!

:gayfight:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:50 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Blacklabel wrote:
there was a recent twitter post by Rob Swire in wich he asked people not to bring pendulum stuff for him to sign at Knife Party gigs... kinda refering to pendulum as "an old girlfriend that he had really hated by the end of the relationship."

eh!

:gayfight:

It's ok, I would be ashamed, too. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:24 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1604Location: USAJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:05 pm
Harbinger wrote:
Rob tweeted: I can't say anything official for legal reasons. Take the hint, that's as much as you're going to get.

So seems like Rob has had enough of Pendulum, wether or not the rest of them will continue without Rob remains to be seen.

Maybe they all got sick of being Robs shitty Nickelback cover band. Hold your colour was one of the best dance albums of the last decade. Then Rob decided to force his dnb fan base to listen to his shitty rock band. Immersion was a lot better than in silico but still every time I heard Rob try to sing I wanted to hit him in the face with the microphone just to teach him a lesson.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:27 pm
User avatarModeratorModeratorPosts: 4789Location: Wolverhampton, UKJoined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 pm
^ *nods*
They're no great loss imo, 1 good album, everything else, meh

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2669Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 pm
First and last what they did well was remix of Voodoo People.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:04 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1951Location: Athens, GreeceJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:43 am
Nightmare wrote:

so true :P

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1780Location: EnglandJoined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 pm
The Demol wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

so true :P

+1...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:30 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2089Location: Melbourne, AustraliaJoined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:22 pm
man i dunno about any of you but i saw this coming a long way back.. how can you maintain that many egos for that amount of time.. its impossible.

robs a massive douche, itd be like a 12 year old telling you what to do or how to play, but the 12 year old is the worst front man of a band ever but they are smarter and more obnoxious than you.

Offline Profile