<  MUSIC  ~  Kanye West - Yeezus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:38 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
So basically after we got the first plays of Nasty and TDIME by Zane Lowe, I looked at more stuff that Zane Lowe did. Specifically some long interviews that Zane did (with Kanye West but also Eminem, Rick Rubin, Jay Z, etc.)

And in the first interview with Kanye, Zane tells how much he thinks his Yeezus album is creative and plays a few song bits. So I digged more and kinda liked it.

Not that I pay attention to lyrics. Not that I'm normally that much into rap. Not that it would make me listen more to Kanye West. Not that I'm into his personality. Not that I consider the album to be a "proper" electronic album. Not that I consider pop music going into an electronic direction being a good idea.

But I listened to it a few times in the last few weeks and I just like the proficiency of electronic sounds used in the album. Also the diverse song structures and the album structure as a whole. Most of it sound fresh and in-your-face, youknowhatimean.

Wanted to know if some of you guys thought the same? Here's how the album opens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnrLXDYnS6c

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:55 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
It's a decent album. Kanye has done better.
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and College Dropout being the best.

The new tune he played on The Brits is badass. 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sejyQ2nug0E

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:57 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
A lot of "Yeezus" is the work of other producers... like Gesaffelstein did some synth work.
I love Gesaffelstein's album "Aleph"
But I'm not really into Kanye, maybe if he just kept his mouth shut outside of making music I might be able to stand him a little more.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:44 am
GruntGruntPosts: 45Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:07 am
Always appreciated Kanye as an artist. However, I never really clicked with his public persona mainly because he's a dick driven by publicity. Anonymous are an entirely different joke so its fun hearing a joke telling a joke that he's a joke. ‪

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ij3Kig ... e=youtu.be

Seriously, the shit that comes out of his mouth is INSANE.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:01 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
His rapping voice is fucking annoying. The instrumentals are interesting though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:21 pm
GruntGruntPosts: 45Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:07 am
Plain_John wrote:
His rapping voice is fucking annoying. The instrumentals are interesting though.

I hear ya. Been listening to Power and No Church In The Wild. Wicked instrumentals.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:54 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6512Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am
Him being a twat of the highest order puts me off of listening.