<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  INDIANA JONES 5 (2019)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
Exclusive: Indy 5 Is A Go!
18 June 2009

Frank Marshall spills the beans

The hat is officially out of the bag. On Monday Shia Labeouf let slip that a follow up to Indiana Jones And The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was on the cards and now Frank Marshall has pretty much confirmed it, suggesting that Indy V could be approaching the pencil-chewing script development stage.

Although he didn't specify timelines, Marshall told Empire that ideas would be worked on with a view to green-lighting production sooner rather than later. "It's really about the script," says the veteran Indy producer. "Once we see that, we'll see. We're not going to wait another 20 years. We'd all love to make another one. I'm anxious to hear the idea!"

But are Mssrs. Spielberg, Ford and Lucas equally sold on a fifth outing for the whip-cracking archeologist? "Yeah. We had a great time making the last one and, as Harrison said, we need to make this one soon. We're not getting any younger."

With Ford fast approaching his 67th birthday, time is definitely of the essence. Up may have raised the bar for the ageing adventurers, but Indy showed signs of creakiness in The Crystal Skull and it's safe to rule out too many rolling boulder chases or collapsing rope bridges from a further sequel. Hopefully the same goes for the gopher.

One caveat to all this is the lack of a concrete idea. As Marshall told us: "Until there's a script, nothing's definite. I haven't heard the idea." Here's your chance to play George Lucas and post your most mind-bending McGuffins below...

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=25095

Last edited by the spitfire on Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:28 pm
Indy 5 'Going Back to It's Roots'
8 June 2010

Harrison Ford's final outing as Indiana Jones will be "emotional and exciting" as the franchise heads back to its roots after a badly received fourth instalment.

Ford is well-known for his portrayal of the archaeologist and adventurer, and has agreed to reprise the role one last time.

Indiana Jones 5 will begin shooting next year, and much of the plot line will be centred around the Bermuda Triangle, an area over the North Atlantic Ocean where a number of aircraft are said to have disappeared.

"George (Lucas) and Steven (Spielberg) have been working on a script and it's almost there," a source explained.

"Harrison is on stand-by for filming next year. This looks like being an emotional and exciting conclusion to the franchise, with Indy facing his biggest challenge yet."

The last film in the franchise, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, was released in 2008 and performed well at the box office, but was savaged by critics.

Shia LaBeouf played Indiana's son Mutt Williams, and he will also appear in the new instalment.

Movie bosses have assured fans the film will stay true to the series' roots, and won't contain lots of state-of-the-art special effects.

"Shia LaBeouf has a central role again as Indy's son but this will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie," the source added.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/fi ... -its-roots

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:49 am
Indy 4 actually wasn't that bad but for an Indy it was way too full of way too apparent CGI. The UFO stuff really didn't suit the franchise either. However it wasn't "savaged by critics" as the above article suggests. On the contrary. It has a 77% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes which is a really good figure. But the Indy series deserves a more worthy ending than the Crystal Skull and I hope Spielberg really does get to do it his way this time around. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:50 am
Producer Says "Indiana Jones 5" Rumors are False
9 June 2010

Stuff magazine just reported that "Indiana Jones 5" is getting ready to begin filming next year and will focus on the Bermuda Triangle, an area over the North Atlantic ocean where several aircrafts are said to have disappeared.

Now comes word directing from producer Frank Marshall that the story is 100% false. Here is what he had to say: "The rumor about INDY 5 is completely false. Nothing has changed, we are not shooting next year and still in the research phase."

For a fifth installment to be made, Steven Spielberg said that he and George Lucas would have to find something for Indy to search for. Last year, Shia LaBeouf revealed that Spielberg "cracked" the story and Lucas is now expanding the idea.

Marshall doesn't directly mention that the Bermuda Triangle storyline is false, but it's strange for an archeologist to be interested in that area. Stay tuned.

Source: Twitter

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.p ... 53&count=0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:57 am
So I suppose that 2012 could be a wee bit too optimistic although that is the release year stated on IMDb as well. Remains to be seen whether there is any truth to the Bermuda Triangle storyline rumour. I saw speculation somewhere that it might have something to do with the lost city of Atlantis...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:38 pm
Shia LaBeouf: 'Indiana Jones 5 Will be Crazy'
19 August 2010

Shia LaBeouf says the fifth indiana Jones movie sounds "crazy".

The actor can’t wait to reprise his role as Indy’s son alongside Harrison Ford and has already had a sneak peek at the new adventure being planned by director Steven Spielberg.

"They’re script writing right now," says Shia. "I got called into Steven’s office and he pitched a little bit to me and it sounds crazy, it sounds really cool."

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/21059 ... crazy.html

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:58 am
Indiana Jones Woos Sean Connery
15 September 2010

After Day & Night revealed last month that Sir Sean Connery had hung up his acting hat for good, Harrison Ford has come up with a plan to lure him back to the silver screen.

The Hollywood actor and husband of actress Calista Flockhart is determined to get 80-year-old Sir Sean back on board to play his dad in Indiana Jones 5, a role he has played already in the series’ third film in 1989.

The Scottish star vowed just weeks ago that he would not appear in any more films and turned down the chance to return to the franchise when Harrison made his 2008 comeback in Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull.

George Lucas, who created the films, said at the time: “There is an element of the story that could see Sean returning. Anything is possible in these movies and if Sean wants to return he will become central to the new story.”

The plot had to be changed when he turned it down but Harrison is still confident he can woo the actor this time. A Hollywood source says: “Everyone is keen to get Sean back as Professor Henry Jones Senior. They wanted him back for the last movie.

“Everyone’s hopeful he’ll agree to reprise the role even in a small way. I hear Harrison Ford has been sending gifts to try to convince him. I think he could go for it. It would be on his terms.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/199 ... an-Connery

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:13 pm
Spielberg: More Indy?
26 October 2011

Will there be more Jones?

We asked Spielberg about his reaction to the critiques of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull as well as his future plans for the archaeologist. Where do things stand right now?

"You have to ask George Lucas. George is in charge of breaking the stories. He's done it on all four movies. Whether I like the stories or not, George has broken all the stories. He is working on Indy V. We haven't gone to screenplay yet, but he's working on the story. I'll leave it to George to come up with a good story."

And Crystal Skull? "I'm very happy with the movie. I always have been... I sympathise with people who didn't like the MacGuffin because I never liked the MacGuffin. George and I had big arguments about the MacGuffin. I didn't want these things to be either aliens or inter-dimensional beings. But I am loyal to my best friend. When he writes a story he believes in - even if I don't believe in it - I'm going to shoot the movie the way George envisaged it. I'll add my own touches, I'll bring my own cast in, I'll shoot the way I want to shoot it, but I will always defer to George as the storyteller of the Indy series. I will never fight him on that."

And on the specifics of the criticisms, Spielberg takes some of them as a badge of pride. "The gopher was good. I have the stand-in one at home. What people really jumped at was Indy climbing into a refrigerator and getting blown into the sky by an atom-bomb blast. Blame me. Don't blame George. That was my silly idea. People stopped saying "jump the shark". They now say, "nuked the fridge". I'm proud of that. I'm glad I was able to bring that into popular culture."

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32315

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:40 pm
Indiana Jones Due to Start Shooting in Late 2012
29 November 2011

Director Stephen Spielberg has confirmed that George Lucas is writing the story for a new film, due to start shooting in late 2012.

He told Showbiz Tonight: “George is working on Indy V. We haven’t gone to screenplay, he’s working on the story.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/201 ... -23595836/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:35 am
Disney Takes Over Rights to 'Indiana Jones' Franchise
6 December 2013

Paramount keeps distribution rights to previous four films

The Walt Disney Studios and Paramount Pictures have reached a distribution and marketing agreement for the Indiana Jones franchise. Under the arrangement, Disney gains distribution and marketing rights to future films, in addition to retaining the ownership rights it secured when it acquired Lucasfilm.

Paramount will continue to be responsible for distribution of the first four films in the franchise and will receive a financial participation on any future films that are produced and released.

Disney has not officially announced that a fifth 'Indiana Jones' film is in the works.

While promoting his Relativity film 'Paranoia' in August, Harrison Ford expressed interest at another crack at the whip but, as of right now, no writers have been hired to write a script.

Sources say that Steven Spielberg, who directed the previous films, would still be interested in helming future pics but, like with the other installments, a story would first need to be hashed out before Spielberg would ever commit. Insiders also added that while George Lucas has sold his stake in Lucasfilm to Disney, he still may have a part in developing the story like he and Spielberg had done in the past.

That said, Disney will likely move quickly to get a film in motion, given Disney’s desire to monetize its $4 billion acquisition of Lucasfilm.

The last installment, 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull', grossed $783 million worldwide. The entire franchise has earned $1.9 billion.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/disne ... 200927216/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:26 pm
Disney Whips Up a Deal to Purchase Indiana Jones from Paramount
6 December 2013

Indiana Jones movie was the carrot on the stick to get Ford to play Han Solo again?

In a move that should be a surprise to absolutely no one, Walt Disney Studios have acquired the rights to any future Indiana Jones movies, while Paramount Pictures will still own the first four movies. This has been pending since Lucasfilm was first purchased by Disney, but the rights to Indiana Jones have been separate and a complicated negotiation. Much like the Marvel deal, Paramount will continue to have a financial stake in any future Indiana Jones films, but as a silent partner.

Right now, Disney's full attention is obviously focused on "Star Wars Episode VII." After the amount of money they spent getting hold of the rights in the first place, it could be argued that there is no more important film for the studio to get right in the immediate future. The pressure on JJ Abrams must be enormous, and for Kathleen Kennedy, her future as the president of Lucasfilm Ltd. depends on her ability to manage the assets of the studio in a way that makes Disney feel like they're squeezing everything out of it that they can.

One thing should be immediately clear: they will make more Indiana Jones movies. No question about it. But what does that mean when Harrison Ford is in his 70s? Well, based on what we've been hearing now for the last few months, there will be at least one more bigscreen Indy adventure, and Ford seems to be the one pushing the hardest to make it happen. If sources are correct, this deal came together now because it had to in order to get Ford to sign on to reprise the Han Solo role in the "Star Wars" sequels, something he was not interested in doing at first. How crucial a role is he playing in the "Star Wars" films? Enough that they're preparing to move a full-sized Millennium Falcon to Pinewood Studios.

So if the Indiana Jones movie is the carrot on the stick to get Ford to play Han Solo again, we should expect a fairly passionate final outing for Indy, right? Because even if they do make another film with him soon-ish, there's no way they're going to keep making them. Would Disney put together a deal like this if they only planned to make one film? Not a chance. So you know what that means, right?

That's correct: reboot. And while I have reached the point where I feel like I should set up a way to just insert the word "reboot" into a news story with a single keystroke to save myself some time, I don't immediately hate the prospect. Some properties are simply more elastic than others, and Indiana Jones is a character who could support a series of films that show us brand new adventures from his long and dangerous career.

But let's be clear: only truly deranged and damaged people would take something as rich with potential as Indiana Jones and then just remake the movies that already exist. "Raiders Of The Lost Ark," "Temple Of Doom," and "The Last Crusade" should all be considered canon, and if you're going to make new movies, then do it in a way that works around those films, not that tries to replace them. Because Indy's adventures all stand alone as he chases various artifacts around the world, you don't have to just focus on those three points in time. It's a unique opportunity, and there's even precedent. After all, Indy has been played by at least five different actors so far, including Ford, at different points in the life of the character.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/d ... -paramount

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:46 pm
Steven Spielberg: "I’ll Probably Do Indiana Jones 5 with Harrison Ford"
12 October 2015

While promoting his new film 'Bridge of Spies', Steven Spielberg casually mentioned that he will "probably do" an 'Indiana Jones 5' with Harrison Ford. Although this one-sentence quote isn’t earth-shattering, it does seem to suggest that Spielberg will probably return to direct a fifth Indiana Jones film, and that it won’t be a total reboot, as has been rumored previously.

Yahoo! Movies interviewed Spielberg and Tom Hanks about their new film 'Bridge of Spies'. During the interview, Spielberg joked about his tendency to work with the same leading men over time. This film is his fourth time working with Hanks, matching his four times working with Ford on the Indiana Jones films. He added the following:

"Now, I’ll probably do an Indy 5 with Harrison, so then it’ll be five for Harrison, four for Tom."

Anytime Steven Spielberg mentions an Indiana Jones sequel, it’s instantly news. The strong probablility that an 'Indiana Jones 5' will happen isn’t a shock to anyone. The series is a huge moneymaker, and Disney’s Lucasfilm deal included the precious action-adventure property. The news in this particular quote is Spielberg’s admission that he will probably direct the fifth film in the series, and the confirmation that Harrison Ford would still be involved.

Ever since Disney purchased Lucasfilm, the rumor mill has been working overtime. We’ve heard many rumors that the Indiana Jones series would be rebooted as early as 2018, with actors as varied as Bradley Cooper and Chris Pine being rumored to take on the iconic role originated by Ford, and even claims that Frank Darabont pitched a take for the new adventure.

All of the reports have been debunked, either by producer Frank Marshall or other reputable sources. Chris Pratt has openly stated that he hasn’t talked to Spielberg about any Indiana Jones projects. Ford has publicly stated that it is "perfectly appropriate" to bring the character back, and there have even been [strong] rumors that part of his reason for returning to Star Wars was an assurance that they would make another Indy film.

http://www.slashfilm.com/indiana-jones- ... ison-ford/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:38 pm
'Indiana Jones 5' to Hit Theaters In Summer 2019
15 March 2016

Harrison Ford will crack that whip again. Disney officially announced today that 'Indiana Jones 5' is coming in summer 2019, with Ford back as the world’s coolest archaeologist and Steven Spielberg, who helmed all four previous installments of the franchise, returning to direct.

'Indiana Jones 5' has officially been set for July 19, 2019. It’s currently the only film slotted for that date. The Marvel adventure 'The Inhumans' scheduled for the weekend before (July 12), but it seems likely 'Inhumans' will move away from 'Indiana Jones 5' before we get there, especially since both are being released by Disney — there’d be no point in the studio cannibalizing its own box office.

Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall are producing 'Indiana Jones 5'. Interestingly, the press release makes no mention of creator George Lucas — so if he’s involved at all, it’s likely in a reduced capacity. It doesn’t sound like Lucas has creative control over the new 'Indiana Jones', which is probably for the best if for no other reason than that it’ll allow the new team to have creative control. No other writers or stars have been announced at this time.

Speculation about a fifth 'Indiana Jones' movie has been swirling ever since Disney acquired Lucasfilm in 2012, and Disney has continually insisted that it does plan to return to the Indiana Jones series eventually. But understandably, resurrecting 'Star Wars' seemed to be the studio’s first priority. Now that 'The Force Awakens' has successfully charted a new course for that series, it looks like the studio is finally ready to turn its attention to everyone’s other favorite Lucasfilm franchise.

http://www.slashfilm.com/indiana-jones-5/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:54 pm
Spielberg Enlists a Familiar Writer for 'Indiana Jones 5'
18 March 2016

Just days after Disney revealed that a fifth Indiana Jones movie was in the works with director Steven Spielberg and actor Harrison Ford attached, the project has settled on a writer.

David Koepp, a longtime Spielberg confederate who wrote 1993’s 'Jurassic Park', has been tapped to pen the script for the new adventure, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

This won’t be Koepp’s first swing on the jungle vine, as the screenwriter, who also wrote Spielberg movies 'The Lost World: Jurassic Park' and 'War of the Worlds', co-wrote the previous Indiana Jones movie, 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'.

Plot details are being kept secure in the Well of the Souls. It is unclear if Koepp is working off any existing treatment or story. Crystal Skull, for example, had treatments written by Indiana Jones co-creator George Lucas and the story credit went to Lucas and Jeff Nathanson, the latter of whom wrote several drafts.

Lucas' involvement in the new movie project remains unclear. He was not mentioned in Disney's announcement this week, and if the new Star Wars movies are any indication, he will not be involved. (He was vocal in saying Force Awakens did not use his ideas.)

Koepp is one of Hollywood’s A-list writers, with credits such as the first 'Mission: Impossible' and the first 'Spider-Man' (Sam Raimi’s 2002 version that starred Tobey Maguire).

More recently, he wrote 'Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit' and 'Inferno', Sony’s upcoming adaptation of the Dan Brown novel that stars Tom Hanks. Koepp has also directed several movies.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... tal-876684

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:27 am
Harrison Ford Is "Excited" for 'Indiana Jones 5'
22 March 2016

If you grew up worshipping at the twin altars of Indiana Jones and Han Solo, now’s a pretty great time to be alive. Not only did 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' bring back everyone’s favorite scruffy-looking nerf herder, we have a younger version of the character to look forward to in 2018. Meanwhile, Disney’s also just announced an 'Indiana Jones 5', due out in 2019.

So what does the man behind both iconic characters think of these recent developments? Harrison Ford has been making the talk show rounds recently to promote the home video release of 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens', and he’s spoken up about why he’s excited for 'Indiana Jones 5'.

During an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Ford did not hold back his enthusiasm for 'Indiana Jones 5'. "I’ll be ready. I’m excited about it," he said. When Jimmy Kimmel asked if the filmmakers had come up with an idea that appealed to Ford, he eagerly agreed — but he wasn’t referring to the script, which he hasn’t read. "I’m talking about the contract!" he joked.

Ford then got a little more serious, explaining that what he’s excited for "the opportunity to work with Steven [Spielberg] again on this character… the chance to revisit this character, which has brought pleasure to so many people — not to mention me." He added, "It’s great fun to play this character, it’s great fun to work with Steven, I’m looking forward to it."

http://www.slashfilm.com/harrison-ford-indiana-jones-5/