<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  ALIEN: COVENANT (2017)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:12 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
the alien wont be gone forever... the movies are still there on DVD... and they are eternal classics :wink: (the first 2 at least..)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:18 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Let´s just say I gave myself some rest after this news.

And being just a fan of Ridley Scott (Mostly because of Alien and maybe even more for Blade Runner) ... let's just say it's great to see a Ridley directed SF-Movie in March , 2012.

The story of Prometheus the Greek God mostly consists of Invention and 'Thinking ahead' , lots of words that makes you think about all those little details Ridley gave you when he was brainstorming in front of an interviewer , when asked about the Alien Prequel.

Anyway ... Prometheus better be FUCKING AWESOME as it replaced the Alien Prequel ... but you know what.

You better not doubt Ridley Scott.

But still a BIG FUCK YOU at David Lindeloff because this is all his fault.

Kinda funny tho' I'm smoking something funny right now at this moment and I'm looking at the stupid booklet that came with the Alien Anthology where Ridley made a big hint to the Alien Prequel.

'Taking the franchise to an exciting future'

It's gone baby it's gone.

Let's not repeat words, I have FUCK to expect, and I just hope I'm gonna love it.

I want to love it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:09 am
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Such bullshit. I fucking hate internet for all these rumours and semi-confirmations, topics everywhere about this new Alien movie... even confirmation from relatives from set-builders. And then, when the final news came out... they say 'fuck it'. If internet wasn't the bitch it is, I would've never known and try to work this shit out in my head. It was all a big mindfuck and this new title can't replace the void that was made up by talking about the future. Fuck internet today and fuck the lame way in which this all took place. Fuck Prometheus. EVERYONE wants an Alien prequel. Some motherfucker just doesn't love movies and doesn't want to invest in something cause they like money more. If there isn't enough love for this movie, and noone will invest in this... then they might as well quit their millionaire jobs and live on from the money from 20 year old royalties. Fuck big movie companies, they don't have love for important movie franchises. It's just the cash... and I won't spend my money for going to a movie that will replace Alien5, the money I would spend for a special edition... I think every fan shouldn't spend a dime on this replacement bullshit. They don't deserve ONE penny for letting a fan (and millions of others like me) down like this.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:08 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
FUKC THIS SHIT! I hope they will make both, Prometheus and Alien -1 ... and -2. And I want James Cameroon to make Alien 5, an IMAX 3D 18+ brutal horror movie where Xenos harevsting whole our civilsation on earth, no more humans and end of story! For fuck's sake!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1140Location: PolandJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:55 pm
Guest01 wrote:
FUKC THIS SHIT! I hope they will make both, Prometheus and Alien -1 ... and -2. And I want James Cameroon to make Alien 5, an IMAX 3D 18+ brutal horror movie where Xenos harevsting whole our civilsation on earth, no more humans and end of story! For fuck's sake!

with all the respect to the mr. Cameron, and you I need to dissapoint you, . Sorry mate, James have never did a rated M movie so far, and i doubt he ever will. Today, if you wish to earn big money on movie you need to make an PG-13 movie. Stupid rating system. You can buy bazooka, with free hand grenade on every corner in USA, but you cannot show violence, or brutal gore scenes in a movies below M rate. So If you wish to ear money you need to have lower rate than M because stupid kids will go with their parents, and movie will earn twice more. Can you imagine "SCARFACE" shooted in modern days? Starring: Robert Pattison as Tony Montana and 300 "fuck"
word replaced with something more proper...damn:}

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:31 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1730Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:12 pm
MaxReal wrote:
300 "fuck"

actually, this has been done before ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8bB8fw0bzQ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:38 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1140Location: PolandJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:55 pm
Kubazz wrote:
MaxReal wrote:
300 "fuck"

actually, this has been done before ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8bB8fw0bzQ

Now polish censorship looks good ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:46 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Quote:
Alien prequel now called Prometheus, Noomi Rapace to star

Ridley Scott’s much discussed prequel to Alien now has a new name, lead actress and a release date...

Published on Jan 17, 2011

In a move worthy of artist HR Giger's infamous monster, Ridley Scott's Alien prequel has mutated into a very different beast.

According to Deadline, Scott's project, formerly known as The Alien Prequel is now officially known as Prometheus, with a script written by Lost's Damon Lindelof from an original draft by Jon Spaihts. Far from the prequel to Alien we were all expecting, Prometheus will be an unrelated story, albeit one set in the same universe as the one originally created by Scott and his collaborators way back in 1979.

"While Alien was indeed the jumping off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place," Scott explained in Fox's press release. "The keen fan will recognize strands of Alien's DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative. I couldn't be more pleased to have found the singular tale I'd been searching for, and finally return to this genre that's so close to my heart."

Swedish actress Noomi Rapace, having impressed Scott with her turn in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, has been signed up to appear as a character called Elizabeth Shaw, while Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron are reportedly in the running to play a character by the name of Vickers.

"In a world flooded with prequels, sequels and reboots, I was incredibly struck by just how original Ridley's vision was for this movie," enthused writer Damon Lindelof. "It's daring, visceral and hopefully, the last thing anyone expects. When I sat in a movie theater as a kid, feet raised off the floor for fear that something might grab my ankles, I never dreamed in my wildest imagination I would one day get to collaborate with the man responsible for it. Working alongside him has been nothing short of a dream come true."

Given the enthusiasm Scott has expressed for directing a prequel to Alien, and one that explores the backstory of the mysterious Space Jockeys from the first film ("We are talking about gods and engineers. Engineers of space," the director said in an interview last year), the decision to distance the film from the franchise that inspired it is a strange and unusual one.

Could it be possible that, in the process of developing and rewriting the script (not to mention the rumoured changes Fox requested to make the film a PG-13), the story has moved so far from the horror/thriller roots of its predecessor that it can no longer be considered part of the earlier film's lineage?

A little bit of us also wonders if Fox thought that the Alien name wasn’t the box office gold it required for such a major movie any more. We don’t have sales figures for the Alien Blu-ray set, released before Christmas, but we do wonder if those numbers were pivotal in calling whether this film was an extension to the Alien franchise, or something new altogether. In short, given that the most commercially successful of the last four Alien movies was Alien Vs Predator, was it better – from a box office perspective – to just start from scratch?

Still, with the Prometheus script a closely guarded secret, it's unlikely we'll know much more about the film's new direction for some months yet. One thing that has been confirmed, however, is its release date. Prometheus is currently scheduled to arrive in cinemas on 9 March 2012.

taken from den of geek
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/732449/alien_prequel_now_called_prometheus_noomi_rapace_to_star.html

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:40 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
they replaced the actors that were first cast,give it a pg-13 ,cut down the budget rifley wanted so they cand fit the sallaries of big shot actresses.they want a blackbuster,to bring the kids in to theaters.doubt we'll see the same dark tone of the first movies.

i am worried it won't turn up loke tron legacy did.a lot of buzz,big money invested,cool cgi,but shitty story and so on

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:14 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
A movie set in the same universe but yet a different beast. Hmmm... this could be a way for Ridley to create a whole new killer franchise and a whole new sci-fi classic original in the way he did with the original 'Alien' movie and 'Blade Runner'. Not a bad swap I say if the new franchise delivers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Ok, so I'll prepare myself for at least three sequels...

Prometheus's,
Prometheus 3
Prometheus Resurrection

...Oh wait... :?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:48 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
So, it's still same movie but renamed because it will be movie about Space Jockeys and those new creatures once mentioned, and aliens will be smaller part of the story.

With Angelina in, it could be great! I hope, and i still praying for PG18.

Btw, Prometheus will prbably be the name of main spaceship.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
fuck angelina.that skinny bitch with deranged tits and crooked legs can only be cast as a new breed of alien.i want charlize in.she's a better actress.no need to take attention from the story with angelina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:09 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
WHYYYY did someone had to mention Space Jockey´s being present in this movie.... while they WON´T !!!!!

Right !!?

I'm fucking confused now !

But whatever the fuck is going to happen , this movie better be damn good.
And you know what.... giving Alien a rewatch for the millionth time (together with Agent O
:-D ) , WITH commentaries on ....
(And it's very interesting to hear him speak about the reactions he'd expect for certain scenes in the movie)

Ridley Scott still remains a fabulous film maker.
I don't care all the other movies he did.
Alien and Blade Runner made him untouchable forever.

Don't get me wrong I have VERY mixed feelings about Prometheus.

And I'm glad someone changed the topic title too.

But I don't want to watch Prometheus next year and go like:

'That just wasn't worth it... it wasn't worth echanging my beloved but EPICLY RAPED franchise for the story this movie offered.'

Do you people even realize what Ridley Scott DID to himself ?

He just made the expectation for this movie to rock bigger.

His take on this is so amazingly unbelievable...

The whole situation can be described like a worst case scenario comment a troll would throw on a die hard Alien forum one year ago.

And people would laugh at him.
People would shout at him.
They'd give him the finger.
It's the last thing any Alien fan would expect.

And it fucking happened.

Go Blade Runner on me , Ridley.

If you want to give me something new it has to be amazing once again.

THEN you can enjoy your cigars and your cocky accent.

Otherwise FUCK YOU hahahaha :lol: :lol:

AAAAAAAAAARGH[/i]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
+1 on that... this movie better kick some ass...

Offline Profile