<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  ALIEN: COVENANT (2017)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
Blacklabel wrote:
Ridley's next film is "The Martian" with Matt Damon. I guess Ridley wants some of that "Gravity" oscar nods.

Prometheus 2 is probably gonna have a new director.. or it'll be stuck in development hell forever.

This partnered up with the fact that Sigourney has been talking about possibly making an Alien 5...

Well, the film isn't scheduled to come out until March 4th of 2016 so that gives Ridley plenty of time to make the 'Martian' in the meantime. With Fassbender telling us that 'Prometheus 2' is a go and with reports of Ridley scouting locations in Australia the situation seems to be moving forward.

And as much as I like Sigourney the fact is that she's just an actress and in no way or form in charge of the future of franchise. She's free to dream of course and her comments are exactly that, dreaming.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:12 pm
Michael Fassbender Says 'Prometheus 2' Is a Go
31 May 2014

During the press day for 12 Years a Slave, Steve asked Michael Fassbender the status of Prometheus 2, and Fassbender quickly responded, “I don’t know.” Today at the junket for X-Men: Days of Future Past, the question came up again, and this time he said the project is a go, although he didn’t know when it would begin filming. When we last reported on the film, it seemed like filming was already given the greenlight, but then another report said that there was no release date, and that they’ve only hired a new writer (Michael Green). Fassbender’s confirmation is still a step forward in the project’s development.

Regarding the specific exchange on Prometheus 2, Steve asked Fassbender if he was looking forward to working with Scott on sequel, and he replied, "For sure. I love Ridley. He’s a master filmmaker", at which point James McAvoy, who was also part of the interview, turned to Fassbender and asked, "Are you doing a sequel?"

Fassbender turned to his X-Men co-star and replied, "Yeah, but when I don’t know."

http://collider.com/prometheus-2-sequel-news-michael-fassbender/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:34 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
the spitfire wrote:
And as much as I like Sigourney the fact is that she's just an actress and in no way or form in charge of the future of franchise. She's free to dream of course and her comments are exactly that, dreaming.

Sort of... she mentioned that she would like Alien 5 to be directed by "talented young directors".. recently she worked with Neil Blomkamp on Chappie... and he's definitely a fan of the franchise.

i'd be surprised if Neil and Sigourney werent working on a pitch to present to FOX.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:11 pm
Well, Fox will undoubtedly do more "traditional" Alien movies sometime in the future after the 'Prometheus' saga is completed. I seriously doubt we'll see another 'Alien' film that stars Sigourney though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:23 pm
Sigourney Weaver Stars In the Next 'Alien' Game, But Only If You Pre-order
9 July 2014

And the rest of the original cast is along for the ride too

'Alien: Isolation' was the scariest thing we saw at this year's E3, and when the game launches you'll be able to experience those scares with the film's original cast — provided you preorder the game. While the main game is set years after the first 'Alien' film, publisher Sega has just announced two downloadable missions for Isolation, which let you relive scenes from the 1979 Ridley Scott classic. Those missions will include the voice-acting talents of Sigourney Weaver as Ripley, Tom Skerritt as Dallas, Veronica Cartwright as Lambert, and more, several of whom will be playable characters.

"For some of the original cast, this is their first appearance in an 'Alien' video game," says Isolation creative lead Alistair Hope. "Seeing them reprise those roles after 35 years was an unforgettable experience." At E3, Hope told The Verge that he had long been a fan of the original movie. "It's so grounded, and everyday and mundane and pretty crappy," he explained, "so when this extraordinary creature appears, you've already bought into the world as something that you can relate to."

Unfortunately, getting your hands on these missions is a slightly convoluted process. Simply pre-ordering the game will get you access to the "Crew Expendable" mission, in which you have to try to lure the xenomorph into an airlock. But in order to play the second mission, called "Last Survivor," you'll have to pre-order the game specifically from Gamestop. That mission covers one of the most tense moments from the film, when Ripley attempts to switch on the Nostromo ship's self-destruct sequence while avoiding the alien.

Isolation is launching on October 7th for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, and Windows.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/9/588377 ... ginal-cast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:31 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2415Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm
Is "Audiomachine - Judge and Jury" song from Prometheus trailer a cover of some older version of it?

I found different and "softer" version here, anybody know what is it?

From 7:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v_UU9ldPkA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:54 am
New ‘Alien’ Movie Confirmed with Director Neill Blomkamp
18 February 2015

20th Century Fox has closed a deal with director Neill Blomkamp to develop a new 'Alien' movie, sources confirm.

The untitled sci-fi project is separate from 'Prometheus 2', which Fox is making with ['Alien' director] Ridley Scott.

Blomkamp, who directed 'District 9' and the upcoming Sony feature 'Chappie', had been teasing the project in recent months but said the extra-terrestrial reboot was likely abandoned. It was supposed to star 'Alien' veteran Sigourney Weaver.

But on Wednesday Blomkamp confirmed the tentpole was back on track at Fox.

“So I think this is officially my next film,” he confirmed on Instagram.

It’s unclear whether Weaver is still attached to the movie.

According to insiders, the new 'Alien' takes place years after the 'Prometheus' sequel. Ridley Scott is producing both films through his production company Scott Free.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/new-a ... 201436551/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:28 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-Alien-Movie-Fit-Universe-69862.html

Quote:
Sources have told The Wrap that the events that will be featured in the story of Neill Blomkamp's Alien film will be set narratively after the events of Prometheus 2 - which is apparently still very much in the works. Presumably, that sequel will continue to follow the exploits of Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace) and the head of the android David (Michael Fassbender) as they learn more about the ancient aliens known as the Engineers and about how humanity came into existence. Of course, at this stage we don't know exactly where that story will end, so it's a bit hard to pin point exactly where Blomkamp's story will exist on the fictional timeline in relation to Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien: Resurrection, but one may logically deduce that the plan is for the feature to be another prequel.

If that is the case, though, Sigourney Weaver's potential involvement in the newly announced Alien film is definitely a big question mark. Neill Blomkamp has publicly stated his desire to work with the actress on the project, presumably to have her reprise her role as the heroic Ripley, but if the new movie is set before the events of Ridley Scott's Alien, it's hard to see how that would work - in part because Weaver has aged 36 years since the making of that movie. The Wrap notes that the original franchise star is not yet officially attached to the project.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:09 pm
Yap.

Blade Runner 2 will be directed by Denis Villeneuve. Ridley Scott is wrapping up on The Martian so i guess he's getting ready to jump into Prometheus 2... later this year.

Here we go. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:15 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
http://www.scified.com/site/alien5/alie ... l-blomkamp

And it doesnt follow prometheus 2 in the timelinr

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:49 pm
Totally erasing Alien 3 and Resurrection from the timeline. eh.

ok.... as long as it's better than those films....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:19 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1225Location: Lisbon, PortugalJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:39 am
Blacklabel wrote:
Totally erasing Alien 3 and Resurrection from the timeline. eh.

ok.... as long as it's better than those films....

I'm not too keen on that cause I actually liked Resurrection.
I would rate the films for better to worse: Aliens, Alien, Alien Resurrection and Alien 3.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:24 pm
Alien 3 was a LOT better than Prometheus. Soundtrack is ace.
But nobody involved in the production of A3 is proud of the film. Fincher never really cared much for it either.
Nobody involved in the production of Alien Resurrection actually likes it too... with the exception of its director. :lol:

So, yeah. i understand the desire to "reboot" and leave those films behind... and to try and aim high again to deliver ANOTHER classic film. (it most likely will be mediocre, though. Neill Blomkamp's Elysium... argh.)

Time to watch Aliens and be happy with the fact that the ending of that film is now "carefully preserved". lol.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:07 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
For all I care Resurrection is an abomination to the series , fuck those characters , Alien turned into a popcorn-flick.

Alien 3 has VERY good elements , but sadly to me it has it's flaws.

Fincher never intended Alien 3 to be a fun experience , killing off Newt and Hicks certainly kicked off well I guess.

And yes , the OST is probably the best out of all.

I haven't seen any cut in years and honestly , when I'm in the mood to watch Alien , I'll only pop in the Blu-Rays of Alien & Aliens.

Anyway , I guess I couldn't care less about A3 + Resurrection being ignored in the end.

This is a Prometheus 2 topic by the way , I think we need to keep news about Ali3n : Correction seperated from this thread.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:34 pm
Might as well turn the thread into an "ALIEN cinematic UNIVERSE" topic for all the films.

Last edited by Blacklabel on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile