<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  ALIEN: COVENANT (2017)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:00 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Hell-razor wrote:
A movie I'm not waiting for. I never liked any of the Alien movies. I'd rather watch The Thing (Carpenters version). Thank god the new Thing movie aint going to be a remake but a prequel instead. 8-)

The Thing... aaaah. Well, I'm amazed that someone can actually like The Thing but dislike Alien/Aliens. They're both fucking out there. 8-) Thanks for the prequel-news. Didn't know. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:26 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
Exclusive: Ridley Scott Talks Alien Prequel
29 October 2009

It's not set when you think it is...

Since the prequel was announced, it’s been assumed that it would tell the story of how those nasty, slavering xenomorphs came to land on LV-426 in the first place. But after listening to Sir Ridley, suddenly we’re not so sure…

“It’s a brand new box of tricks,” said Sir Ridley. “We know what the road map is, and the screenplay is now being put on paper. The prequel will be a while ago. It’s very difficult to put a year on Alien, but [for example] if Alien was towards the end of this century, then the prequel story will take place thirty years prior.”

Interesting. And damned intriguing, to boot. Presumably, rather than make a film about how those massive elephantine aliens (remember the giant pilot with his chest blown outwards in Sir Ridley’s original?) were decimated by the acid-blooded bastards, Sir Ridley and his writer, Jon Spaihts, have decided to reboot the story in an attempt to give it a human focus.

How this will fit in with existing series continuity remains, like much about the new Fox movie, to be seen, but with Sir Ridley on board, we’re sure that the Alien series is on course for a return to genuine quality. Frankly, though, we’re still a little surprised that the man who is arguably Britain’s greatest living director would return to the scene of his greatest triumph. So why do it?

“I never thought I’d look forward to a sequel,” said Sir Ridley. “But a prequel is kind of interesting. I’m looking forward to doing that.”

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=26153

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:55 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
this could be so huge but it could turn up to be a big failure too.the hype will be so big before the release that it's almost impossible to be truly satisfied with the result.i do hope like someone in a comment said that they will somehow bring a new dimension to the fear-terror factor,just like the first one did in the period it was released.and maybe a improved design for the alien.

by the way i wonder if u know something about a movie cause i don't know the name.it goes like this:

i saw it when i was a kid probably between 92-95.it was about some scientists dudes working underwater on a sub or a underwater station or something like that.but somehow a creature made it's a way on board.i don't know if it was a experiment of theirs or a natural thing but it was something with tentacles if i remember corectly and moved through the vent sistems.by the end of the movie a couple of people made it to the surface but the creature was still after them.i don't know the name of the movie.sounds familiar to anyone?basically it was like alien but underwater lol.

oh it was not the abys.this creature was solid mass and it was killing everything around it

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:17 pm
*PinHead* wrote:
by the way i wonder if u know something about a movie cause i don't know the name.it goes like this:

i saw it when i was a kid probably between 92-95.it was about some scientists dudes working underwater on a sub or a underwater station or something like that.but somehow a creature made it's a way on board.i don't know if it was a experiment of theirs or a natural thing but it was something with tentacles if i remember corectly and moved through the vent sistems.by the end of the movie a couple of people made it to the surface but the creature was still after them.i don't know the name of the movie.sounds familiar to anyone?basically it was like alien but underwater lol.

oh it was not the abys.this creature was solid mass and it was killing everything around it

Must be a movie called Deep Rising (1989). There's a couple of other similar underwater alien films as well. Deepstar Six (1989) and Leviathan (1986).

www.youtube.com/deep rising trailer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:52 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
spitfire you are brilliant.it wasn't deep rising,that one is more recent and i saw it a couple of times.good movie.

it's between leviathan(this one's got the most chances) and deepstar six.saw the trailer for the both so i'l take leviathan first.
thank you for the imput.you really know your stuff it seems :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:21 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1266Location: PolandJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:51 pm
Blacklabel wrote:

First of all, this picture is sick :!:

Second: The movies should end at Alien3. All right, the script for Alien 3 was crappy (and there were a few if i recall). But on the other hand David Finsher made the best out of the story: great setting (I love planetary systems with two suns), great clothes and very good music, the best in the Alien series.

Third: Nice news. Again a prequel, again a cash in. Now the last mistery of the movie (Alien Spaceship) will be gone.
Yeah, Ridley Scott will direct the movie.....but beware, he had his bad moments: Hannibal or G.I. Jane anyone?!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:14 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:22 pm
Ridley Scott Plans Two-part Alien Prequel
27 April 2010

The director has also revealed that the prequels to his classic 1979 slasher-in-space flick would be shot in 3D

Ridley Scott-directed Alien films are, it seems, a bit like buses: you wait 30 years for one, and then two come along at once.

The veteran British film-maker, who was at the LA press junket for his new film Robin Hood, told Collider.com that he was planning a brace of 3D prequels to his classic 1979 slasher-in-space flick.

"It'll be two," revealed Scott. "Prequel one and two, then Alien 1." Asked if he would shoot the two films back-to-back, he responded: "At the moment I'm just trying to get the first one out."

Scott announced in July that he would be directing a prequel to Alien, but the second film is a new development. He also said that the screenplay for the first film was into its fourth draft, with a release date planned for late 2011 or 2012. Finally, Scott said he planned to shoot the films in dazzling brightness to help the 3D process, before darkening the screen in post-production to suit the franchise's sombre tone.

Scott had originally intended to be a producer on the Alien prequel, with his protege Carl Rinsch, a TV adverts director, taking the reins. But following reports that studio 20th Century Fox was unhappy with the idea of an untried director, it was announced that the Gladiator film-maker himself would be behind the cameras.

The new films, as announced last year, will be set before the events of Scott's 1979 film, in which the crew of a commercial towing ship respond to a distress signal from an empty ship, only to discover too late that the signal was meant to warn them. Three sequels and two Aliens Vs Predator spin-offs followed, but only James Cameron's 1987 Aliens lived up to the original. The prequels will be Scott's first science-fiction project since Blade Runner in 1982.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/apr ... requels-3d

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:28 pm
Ridley Scott Promises 'Tough' Alien Prequel(s)
26 April 2010

Director Sir Ridley Scott has revealed that his 3D Alien prequel(s) will be "really nasty" and will respond to the standard set by James Cameron's Avatar.

Speaking to Screen Daily, the film-maker said the movie, set in 2085, would be "the dark side of the moon".

Sir Ridley, who directed the original Alien film in 1979, paid tribute to Cameron's technological innovation.

"Jim's raised the bar and I've got to jump to it," said the 72-year-old. "He's not going to get away with it."

'Gods and engineers'

Sir Ridley's latest film, Robin Hood - starring Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett, will open the Cannes Film Festival on 12 May.

Speaking about the Alien prequel, which is set five years before the original, the British film-maker said it is about "gods and engineers... engineers of space".

"And were the aliens designed as a form of biological warfare? Or biology that would actually go in and clean up a planet?"

"It will take place in the years before that, when they first come across this thing on a planet called Zeta Reticuli, he added.

"And it will ask who was that guy in the first film lying in a chair with his chest blown outwards when they first go into the giant spacecraft."

Sir Ridley has not made a sci-fi movie since 1982's Blade Runner and was not involved in any of the Alien sequels or two Alien vs Predator spin-off films.

The original Alien movie, which starred Sigourney Weaver, won the Oscar for best visual effects in 1980.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8644051.stm

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:14 am
Spoilers for the new movie ..

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:53 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 6933Location: Scotland UKJoined: Wed May 23, 2007 2:57 pm
ah u fucking ruined it for me man, what the fuck :x

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:46 am
he said also he wants to redesign the aliens with geiger after the script is finished

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:25 am
Hopefully the redesign will be similar to his unused designs for Alien 3.. Deadlier, sleeker, cooler IMO

this is Giger's own sculpture of the unused redesign:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:18 am
Quote:
Where the project is at in the writing stage:

Ridley Scott: As we speak, I've got a pile of pages next to me; it's like the fourth draft. It's a work in progress, but we're not dreaming it up anymore. We know what the story is. We're now actually trying to improve the three acts and make the characters better, build it up to something [we can shoot]. It's a work in progress, but we're actually making the film. There's no question about it, we're going to make the film.

A bit on the plot:

Scott: It's set in 2085, about 30 years before Sigourney [Weaver's character Ellen Ripley]. It's fundamentally about going out to find out 'Who the hell was that Space Jockey?' The guy who was sitting in the chair in the alien vehicle — there was a giant fellow sitting in a seat on what looked to be either a piece of technology or an astronomer's chair. Remember that? And our man [Tom Skerritt as Captain Dallas] climbs up and says "There's been an explosion in his chest from the inside out — what was that?" I'm basically explaining who that Space Jockey — we call him the Space Jockey — I'm explaining who the space jockeys were.

On Sigourney Weaver's participation:

Scott: It will be before she was born! Well, the main character [in the prequel] will be a woman, yeah. We're thinking it could go down that route, yeah. When I started the original "Alien," Ripley wasn't a woman, it was a guy. During casting, we thought, "Why don't we make it a woman?"

On creating new aliens, and whether he'll consult original "Alien" designer H.R. Giger:

Scott: I think, I have to design — or redesign — earlier versions of what these elements are that led to the thing you finally see in "Alien," which is the thing that catapults out of the egg, the face-hugger. I don't want to repeat it. The alien in a sense, as a shape, is worn out. (Giger's) still around. Once I get more serious and get going, and the big wheels start turning, we'll certainly talk. And maybe we'll come up with something completely different.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:17 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
So we can all assume now Ridley is going to make 2 Prequels ?

Quote:
"It’ll be two. It’ll be prequel one and two. Then Alien 1"

Offline Profile