<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  ALIEN: COVENANT (2017)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:21 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1140Location: PolandJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:55 pm
the spitfire wrote:

Read my latest post above... :wink: Name rumour false. Casting rumour false. And one movie (which of course most likely is followed by another sequel at a later time).

I don't think Scott's Robin Hood was bad. It was solid and well made movie with a serious adult take on the old and tired subject. Alien though is a completely different beast – literally. And Scott has directed Alien and Blade Runner which are both genre masterpieces so if I were you I wouldn't be too worried about the man's directing chops.

I dont think Robin was bad either, it was a very good movie, i had a good time watching it in cinema. But It was a bad Ridley Scott movie. Maybe i'm psycho, or whatever, but man, Ridley always did great epic, full of blood masterpieces, i love all his previous movies. Almost all of his movies were rated R, and now he did Robin Hood with pg-13, wtf? I just hate the all censorship crap nowadays. Robin should have some good soundtrack, i was expected Hans Zimmer again, but unfortunetly Ridley didnt hire him.
Maybe i was expected another Gladiator-like movie, so that why i was such dissapointed with new Ridley movie. Ridley havent done any good movie since gladiator, so definetly this isnt his decade, he was much more brilliant director in 80's and 90's, but i still have hope to see good alien movie again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:48 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
the role of ENGINEER 1 seems to be for a very tall actor and will be in cgi.so it's either for the new design of the xenomorph or for the space jockey.my hunch is for the latter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:22 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
MaxReal wrote:
I dont think Robin was bad either, it was a very good movie, i had a good time watching it in cinema. But It was a bad Ridley Scott movie. Maybe i'm psycho, or whatever, but man, Ridley always did great epic, full of blood masterpieces, i love all his previous movies. Almost all of his movies were rated R, and now he did Robin Hood with pg-13, wtf? I just hate the all censorship crap nowadays. Robin should have some good soundtrack, i was expected Hans Zimmer again, but unfortunetly Ridley didnt hire him.

Maybe i was expected another Gladiator-like movie, so that why i was such dissapointed with new Ridley movie. Ridley havent done any good movie since gladiator, so definetly this isnt his decade, he was much more brilliant director in 80's and 90's, but i still have hope to see good alien movie again.

Ridley havent done any good movie since gladiator, so definetly this isnt his decade, he was much more brilliant director in 80's and 90's, but i still have hope to see good alien movie again.

Robin Hood was PG-13 because studios want to ensure that their big expensive movies get the maximum audience. Studios rarely accept R-rating for the bigger productions anymore because the movies are so expensive to make these days. It's a sad truth and nothing to do with Ridley.

No good movies since Gladiator? You must be kidding. Black Hawk Down is one of the best war movies ever made. A genre masterpiece. And The Director's Cut of Kingdom of Heaven is brilliant. Far superior to the studio bastardized theatrical release. A Good Year was excellent. And Matchstick Men was solid entertainment as well as was Body of Lies. So to say that he hasn't done any good movies since Gladiator is rubbish. Perhaps the movies he has done since Gladiator haven't been your cup of tea but it doesn't mean that they have been bad.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:23 pm
Alien Prequel Not Called 'Paradise'; Casting Reports False; Will Only Be One Movie
9 December 2010

Yesterday, it looked as if we were getting a huge amount of info on Ridley Scott’s Alien prequel. Vulture reported that the film was called “Paradise”, and that Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Basterds) and Michelle Yeoh (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) were being offered roles. But last night, Chris Petrikin, 20th Century Fox’s Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications, took to the Twitter machine to make some clarifications. He first stated that the title is not “Paradise”. Presumably, “Paradise” could just be an alias for the production. It did seem odd that Fox would make an Alien movie and not put the word “Alien” in the title.

In other clarification news, The Playlist reports that according to a source who’s close to the production, the casting rumors regarding Fassbender and Yeoh are “just plain wrong.” Hit the jump for more rumor control on the Alien prequel.

Petrikin also dispatched the long-held rumor that Scott was actually making two prequels back-to-back. The notion that Scott would be directing two Alien movies came from the director himself while he was doing press for Robin Hood. Here’s the transcript of what he said:

"You’re developing the Alien prequel, are you developing it as a series of films or a longer storyline?

RIDLEY SCOTT: It’ll be two. It’ll be prequel one and two. Then Alien 1.

Are you going to shoot the prequels together or shoot them separately?

SCOTT: At the moment I’m just trying to get the first one out."

However, Petrikin tweets:

“It’s not two films…can you hear me now?”

So there you have it: The Alien prequel (singular) is not called “Paradise” and there’s no casting to report. Carry on folks. No xenomorphs to see here.

http://www.collider.com/2010/12/09/alie ... r-control/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:51 pm
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
H.R. Giger's wife has confirmed that her husband is already at work on the Alien Prequel... :-D
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2010/12/18/hr- ... n-prequel/

High Fives All Around!

The Supreme Dream Team is back on the scene! 8-) :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:27 pm
Blacklabel wrote:
H.R. Giger's wife has confirmed that her husband is already at work on the Alien Prequel... :-D

High Fives All Around!

Not surprised that Ridley got the original Alien designer onboard again but it's certainly great news! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:02 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1140Location: PolandJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:55 pm
the spitfire wrote:
Blacklabel wrote:

High Fives All Around!

Not surprised that Ridley got the original Alien designer onboard again but it's certainly great news! :thumbsup:

Fuck, i was 10000 percent sure Stan Winston were a maker of Alien....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:39 am
MaxReal wrote:

Stan Winston designed the Alien Queen and redesigned the overall look of the Xenomorph for John Cameron's Aliens... Your not completely wrong ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:09 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
FUCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
The ‘Alien’ prequel just got tossed out through the airlock.

With constant rumors circulating about the Ridley Scott’s “Alien” prequel, Twentieth Century Fox has announced it has abandoned the prequel and reconfigured it into an original sci-fi movie as “Prometheus.”

“While ‘Alien’ was indeed the jumping off point for this point, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place,” said Scott in a press release. “The keen fan will recognize strands of Alien’s DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative. I couldn’t be more pleased to have found the singular tale I’d been searching for, and finally return this genre that’s too close to my heart.”

According to The Hollywood Reporter, scriptwriter Damon Lindelof worked with Scott to change the project from “Alien” prequel into “Prometheus.”

“In a world flooded with prequels, sequels and reboots,” said Lindelof. “I was incredibly struck by just how original Ridley’s vision for this movie. It’s daring, visceral and hopefully, the last thing anyone expects.”

There are no further plot details about this new project.

Scott will helm this new film and it will have Noomi Rapace as the star. And Fox has set a release date of March 9 next year for “Prometheus."

I hope they just expanded the universe and give it a new direction and hioe there will still be an alien in there,but still man just FUCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:55 am
*PinHead* wrote:
FUCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
The ‘Alien’ prequel just got tossed out through the airlock.

With constant rumors circulating about the Ridley Scott’s “Alien” prequel, Twentieth Century Fox has announced it has abandoned the prequel and reconfigured it into an original sci-fi movie as “Prometheus.”

“While ‘Alien’ was indeed the jumping off point for this point, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place,” said Scott in a press release. “The keen fan will recognize strands of Alien’s DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative. I couldn’t be more pleased to have found the singular tale I’d been searching for, and finally return this genre that’s too close to my heart.”

According to The Hollywood Reporter, scriptwriter Damon Lindelof worked with Scott to change the project from “Alien” prequel into “Prometheus.”

“In a world flooded with prequels, sequels and reboots,” said Lindelof. “I was incredibly struck by just how original Ridley’s vision for this movie. It’s daring, visceral and hopefully, the last thing anyone expects.”

There are no further plot details about this new project.

Scott will helm this new film and it will have Noomi Rapace as the star. And Fox has set a release date of March 9 next year for “Prometheus."

I hope they just expanded the universe and give it a new direction and hioe there will still be an alien in there,but still man just FUCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just read that news from biggest polish site about movies and as much as i understand this movie has nothing left from Alien saga, so there will be whole new story, new universe, and Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron will be in it. I just hope to see some xenomorph, but it seems this will not happen in near future

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:01 am
no angelina and charlize.charlize said some time ago she wants to be in the movie but that was it.the actress that is final is naomi rapace.and this thing
Quote:
The keen fan will recognize strands of Alien’s DNA
leeds me to belive that either there will be some xenomorphe involved or they will us the spacejockey idea to create a new universe with the whole alien and terraforming planets they were teasing us.anyways i trust damon to create something fresh but still i want a proper alien movie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:53 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Blacklabel wrote:
MaxReal wrote:

Stan Winston designed the Alien Queen and redesigned the overall look of the Xenomorph for John Cameron's Aliens... Your not completely wrong ;)

you mean james cameron

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:09 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
I am nearly in tears about this news.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:35 pm
Terrible news..... oh well... at least Ridley Scott is still doing a new science fiction film... wonder if Giger is still working with him after these news?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:28 pm
Blacklabel wrote:
Terrible news..... oh well... at least Ridley Scott is still doing a new science fiction film... wonder if Giger is still working with him after these news?
yeah they anounced this just now,but the script is the one they finished in november,geiger started working around that time on the production so it's safe to say he is still on board.

i think they will move the focus away from the alien we know and expand the world of the first movies.all the things we heard about the planet terraforming,progenitors of the alien are still happening.

we have to wait till actual filming starts to get more details.i don't know how to feel about this,confident in the skills of ridley,the darkness of the script and the creativity of damon lindelhof,or sad that the alien we know will now be gone forever