<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  ALIEN: COVENANT (2017)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:24 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
Plain_John wrote:
Too bad we don't get to have 2 alien movies.

Blomkamp's 'Aliens' sequel is/was an interesting concept but maybe it's for the better that Fox don't saturate the market with too many Alien movies now that Ridley Scott is doing two or three more 'Prometheus' sequels that will eventually link directly with the original 'Alien' (which he himself directed). Once Ridley is done with the Alien universe Fox might well be interested in getting the 'Aliens' sequel back into production. That or some other prequel, sequel or spin-off to keep the franchise alive (and making money).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:59 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
the spitfire wrote:
Plain_John wrote:
Too bad we don't get to have 2 alien movies.

Blomkamp's 'Aliens' sequel is/was an interesting concept but maybe it's for the better that Fox don't saturate the market with too many Alien movies now that Ridley Scott is doing two or three more 'Prometheus' sequels that will eventually link directly with the original 'Alien' (which he himself directed). Once Ridley is done with the Alien universe Fox might well be interested in getting the 'Aliens' sequel back into production. That or some other prequel, sequel or spin-off to keep the franchise alive (and making money).

2 or 3 from Scott will push any direct Alien sequel way back. I was kind of looking forward to seeing Sigourney back in the game. I am still loving what Scott is doing and hope that he will create something memorable and rich and not just a bunch of stories that lead to Alien 1.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:12 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3820Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
I hate Blomkamp's idea.
I'm sorry... absolutely hate it
I love the Assembly Cut of Alien 3
There should have never been an Alien Resurrection
The movie company destroyed Alien 3 and released the inferior theatrical version
Alien 3 Assembly Cut would have been the amazing end to an amazing Trilogy
The third movie is my favorite of them
Killing off Newt and Hicks made it feel the most dangerous
I highly suggest you watch the Assembly Cut from the Anthology collection
NOT the Quadrilogy collection
The Anthology version cleaned up the audio/visuals of the added scenes to feel complete
They even got some of the original actors to to re-record their dialogue for it
All character development and story was stripped away in the theatrical release

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:29 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
Code:
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Prometheus-2-Gets-Name-Change-Again-94347.html

Quote:
It's been a little over three years since Ridley Scott returned to the world of Alien with his pseudo-prequel Prometheus, and its creator is ready to jump back in! What he's not ready to do though is settle on a title, as Scott has changed the name to the film's sequel yet again. Get ready for Alien: Covenant, folks!

IndieWire attended a conversation at the AFI Film Festival, in which the director mentioned how he eventually got involved with directing The Martian after Drew Goddard dropped out. During the anecdote, Scott dropped the new title, almost as if to see what sort of crowd reaction he could muster. Scott's full remarks are included below:

I was going to be doing what will be called ‘Alien: Covenant,’ which starts shooting next February, and we were struggling then with the screenplay there and then there was a phone call, somebody saying, ‘Listen, we’ve got this thing which is completely written called ‘[The] Martian,’ and I said, ‘Huh.’ And I sped read it in an hour and by mid-afternoon, I talked to Fox and said, ‘I need to talk to ‘Drew [Goddard]…’

So not only did Ridley Scott drop a new title to what's now referred to as Alien: Covenant, we now have the knowledge that the film is slated for a February start date. While the film has already changed titles three times now, we at least know that the damned thing is going to really happen this time! Over the three years between the original film and now, the project's status has always been updated in fits and starts, with hope for what we used to call Prometheus 2 looking quite non-existent.

Of course, that changed when Sir Ridley announced that the project was a go back in August, followed by the first fresh coat of paint he applied to the project in the form of its new name, Alien: Paradise Lost, that following September. With the third title, Alien: Covenant, now in the mix, a pattern is starting to emerge between the three titles that Ridley Scott has been playing with - and it hints at an exciting direction.

Prometheus is, of course, a reference to the legend of how a man "stole" fire from the gods for all of humanity, and as such was punished eternally for doing so. Alien: Paradise Lost is a direct cribbing of the title to John Milton's epic poem dealing with the biblical subjects of original sin and the "fall of man," again very much along the same lines as the first film's title. What Alien: Covenant adds to the picture is the fact that throughout several religions, there is a covenant, or in simpler terms an "agreement," between humanity and God.

Naturally, if humanity should break that agreement, there have are consequences that would befall the entire species. According to previous statements made by Ridley Scott, we broke that covenant in a pretty big way: we allowed Jesus, a representatives of the Engineers who created us, to die. With our race venturing to the home base of the Engineers and stumbling upon their big plans to wipe us out, it's probably a good guess that Alien: Covenant's origin story of the Xenomorphs is going to take the accidental creation of the Deacon during the mid-credits sequence and use it as our ultimate punishment.

We'll see what the fuss is all about soon, as Alien: Covenant starts production in February 2016, for a May 30, 2017 release date. Here's hoping the title doesn't change six more times before release.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:07 pm
'Alien: Covenant' Title Confirmed, Synopsis and New Release Date Revealed
16 November 2015

Last week, Ridley Scott let it slip that his brewing 'Prometheus' sequel, at one time titled 'Alien: Paradise Lost', was now called 'Alien: Covenant'. And now, 20th Century Fox has made it official.

The studio has officially announced 'Alien: Covenant', and even more, unveiled an official synopsis, which curiously makes specific mention of Michael Fassbender's David, but no Noomi Rapace's Elizabeth Shaw:

"Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in 'Alien' with 'Alien: Covenant', the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with 'Prometheus' — and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition."

Last month, Scott revealed that the sequel would feature "a new group of travelers in the beginning of the first act", while 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation' star Rebecca Ferguson was said to be eyed for the female lead. Does this mean Rapace is out? We'll soon see.

Production begins in February and 'Alien: Covenant' arrives on October 6, 2017, shifting from what originally was a May 2017 release.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... d-20151116

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:05 pm
Alien: Paradise Lost as a title sounded a bit more bad ass. Doesn't matter as long as we have a nice movie.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Code:
http://news.yahoo.com/newt-will-be-in-alien-5-says-michael-biehn-202400487.html

Quote:
Newt Will Be In Alien 5, Says Michael Biehn

Just when Sir Ridley Scott’s ‘Alien: Covenant’ has been gathering momentum and dominating the ‘Alien’ franchise headlines, Michael Biehn’s only gone and revealed some juicy details on the plot for ‘Alien 5′

Biehn, the actor who played Corporal Hicks in James Cameron’s ‘Aliens’, had a lot to say regarding ‘Alien 5′ (as per its working title), declaring it was still very much happening.

Firstly, all the ‘Alien: Covenant’ headlines looked set to put Blomkamp’s venture on hold indefinitely, but he reassured fans that things were still progressing even though Fox were “putting the brakes on Neill’s movie just for a little while.”

However, he went on to drop a massive piece of plot news: Newt, the small girl that featured in ‘Aliens’, will be in Blomkamp’s flick. Not only does this, as he previously specified, ignore ‘Alien 3′ and ‘Alien: Resurrection’, but it plays out a very different timeline whereby both Hicks and Newt survive the crash-landing in David Fincher’s ‘Alien 3′.

Biehn describes how Newt would fit into the story, revealing that “at this point Newt will be around 27-years-old. I know that every actress in Hollywood is going to want to play this one, it’s really a passing of the torch between Sigourney and this younger actress who would play Newt. It would keep the franchise alive and the studios would make money, because that’s what the bottom line is now: money.”

He also explains that Scott is on board to produce ‘Alien 5′, and needs to finish one before starting the other. “I’m really looking forward to that. I know that Ridley’s focus is on the second ‘Prometheus’ and I’m sure that he and Fox both don’t want that and Neill’s movie to come out right next to each other.”

It makes obvious sense that not only could Scott not juggle the two (arguably) very similar projects, but having them released near one another wouldn’t be a good move financially.

So it seems all is not lost with Alien 5′s’ future, then. Depending on how Sir Ridley’s ‘Alien: Covenant’ is critically received and performs will determine anticipation levels and shape the budget Blomkamp will have at his disposal. So far his ideas for the film - including the notion of bringing back Sigourney Weaver as Ripley - certainly has everyone’s full attention.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:24 pm
'Alien: Covenant' Will Be the First In a New Trilogy
27 November 2015

Within the past couple weeks, 'Prometheus 2' officially got a new title and a synopsis detailing the sequel to the prequel to the Alien franchise from director Ridley Scott. The movie is called 'Alien: Covenant', and the fast track for this project ended up pushing back Neill Blomkamp’s 'Alien 5' to an undetermined time, and if Scott’s new plan for the Alien franchise continues, it might be a long time before we see that movie.

At a press conference in Sydney, Australia where Scott is in pre-production on 'Alien: Covenant', he revealed that this will actually be the first in a new trilogy that will lead us all the way back to the original Alien from 1979.

THR has the details from the press conference where Scott spoke vaguely about 'Alien: Covenant' and what we can expect from the follow-up to 'Prometheus':

"It’s a very complex story. Its an evolution of what I first did with 'Prometheus 1'. 'Prometheus 1' was borne out of my frustration that on Alien 1 in 1979 – I only did one as I don’t normally do sequels. I was amazed that in the 3 that followed that no-one asked the question ‘why the Alien, who made it and why?’ Very basic questions. So I came up with the notion of Prometheus 1, which starts to indicate who might have made it and where it came from."

As we know now, 'Alien: Covenant' will follow the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition. And this is just the beginning as Scott revealed a whole Alien prequel trilogy in the works:

"So I’m now going to the next one, which is the next evolution directly connected with the first one, which was this Shaw, when he replaced Michael Fassbender in two pieces and we’ll kind of pick it up there and it will evolve. When that’s finished there’ll be another one and then another one which will gradually drive into the back entrance of the film in 1979. So in other words, why was this space jockey there and why did he have an Alien inside him? And those questions will be answered."

In the meantime, 'Alien: Covenant' is set to shoot at Fox Studios in Sydney for 16 weeks beginning in March of 2016 with Michael Fassbender confirmed to return and Noomi Rapace appearing briefly in 'Covenant' (as confirmed by Scott). Scott will be using a mix of location and studio sets including "monumental forest and monumental rock [sets] and the rest will be in the studio with fairly formidable CGI."

http://www.slashfilm.com/alien-covenant ... l-trilogy/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:32 pm
I honestly can't imagine what can be said in an additional 3 movies series. Kind of wished Scott would his Prometheus 2 and Neil his Alien movie.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:19 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 142Location: NL - AlmereJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:48 am
I guess Prometheus will be renamed to Alien : Prometheus

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:42 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1015Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:29 pm
aim-4 wrote:
I guess Prometheus will be renamed to Alien : Prometheus

Um....
No

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:36 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 142Location: NL - AlmereJoined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:48 am
why not?

like the name change for Star Wars to Star Wars : A New Hope, to fit better with the names of the other films

ALIEN
ALIENS
ALIEN 3
ALIEN RESURRECTION

ALIEN: PROMETHEUS
ALIEN: COVENANT
ALIEN: ??
ALIEN: ??

just a thought, looking forward to this tho'

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:26 pm
'Alien: Covenant' Will Bring Back All Your Favorite Xenomorphs
13 December 2015

Not too long ago we learned that the official title for 'Prometheus 2' would be 'Alien: Covenant', with the story making a direct connection to director Ridley Scott‘s 1979 classic sci-fi horror 'Alien'. The sequel will follow the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovering what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

And now we have some details on what kind of aliens we can expect to eat up the new crew on this presumably doomed expedition, and fans of the original franchise are going to be very happy.

Speaking with The Wrap, Ridley Scott revealed that he will be bringing back a few of the iconic creatures created by the late H.R. Giger. When asked about the kind of creatures in the movie this time, Scott said:

"We’ll have them all. Egg, face-hugger, chest-burster, then the big boy."

'Prometheus' gave us some manufactured eggs featuring a new kind of slithering creature, not to mention eventually a giant kind of face-hugger (or body-hugger), which wrapped itself around one of the Engineers and thus resulted in an early form of the xenomorph. But now the 'Alien: Covenant' creatures will be the favorite aliens of the franchise. Hopefully it won’t be just as fan service though.

Scott also went on to reveal a bit more about the story for 'Alien: Covenant' by revealing:

"They’re going to go to the planet where the engineers came from and come across the evolving creature that they had made. Why did they make it? Why would they make such a terrifying beast? It felt bio-mechanoid, it felt like a weapon. And so the movie will explain that, and reintroduce the alien back into it."

http://www.slashfilm.com/alien-covenant ... favorites/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:28 am
Scott going for hard R rated Alien.

Code:
http://comicbook.com/2016/01/15/director-ridley-scott-aiming-for-hard-r-with-alien-covenant/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:13 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1015Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:29 pm
Yeah thats unfortunate :cry: bring back lyndolf!