<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  The Dark Knight Rises

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:15 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
the spitfire wrote:
Didn't notice that she was called "Catwoman" in the tabloids that Batsie is reading. I know that it was a conscious decision by Nolan to not call her Catwoman in TDKR for the sake of added realism

I saw the scene again to be sure.. She's called the "Cat" in a few of the papers that Bruce reads about her. Wich, incidently, was the original "nick-name" that Selina Kyle was known as on the Batman comics before people took to calling her "Catwoman". Again, nolan isnt just being realistic.. he's being faithful. :)

The one main character in the film that is only "kinda based but not directly lifted from the comic books" is John Blake... wich is a new character with some elements from Richard Grayson's comic book history. (the original Robin)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:56 pm
User avatarColonelColonelPosts: 935Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 am
Just seen it, as expected not great but ok...

I'm imagining the "Deshi Basara" chant in a football stadium :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:31 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
Spoilers.

I wasn't even amused. I thought the movie was boring, nothing made me feel different... I walked in and out of the theater with the same feeling other than being annoyed and disappointed. In fact, it's been a week or so ago I saw it and to be honest I don't even remember anything outstanding at all. :?

Not an aweful lot about Batman himself, some weird choices throughout the film (what, escaping on motorcycles OUT OF THE FUCKING BLUE to just name something random. I had this feeling a lot during the movie), the cheesy emotional setting with Albert at the table, 'oh lets try to save the children with the bus'-bullshit, the bridge collapsed by a clean cut on all sides (minor details that just annoy the fuck out of me), the 'someone has a button to blow us all up' was very hard to believe, bats flying everywhere (come on, is it necessary to repeat it multiple times? It's not funny or clever at all), too much music on key scenes which distracted me from the actual storytelling, Bane saying this and doing that (the gun, wtf), the side story about Bane being a dad of the bald kid - just no fucking character development in that, just put in there for fake emotions (kind of like Alien Resurrection, the cross-over Xenomorph/human with puppy eyes). I was watching Joseph playing his 'sidekick role' and immediately I just KNEW he was someone who could turn out to be Robin. Oh wow, he turns out to be just that. Surprising... Boring action (aside from the plane scene), Bane just being shot to death - no time was spent on his death, nothing afterwards. So much wrong with the movie that I just can't enjoy it. Ofcourse, I only seen it once... but it was enough to be annoyed like fuck by all the fakeness and overdone stuff. I always hate the 'terrorist' stuff in movies nowadays, it's so pro-American propaganda bullshit. I mean... it's fucking true, it's easy to get people to the edge of the seats when the stakes are high and a city is about to be blown to bits. It's not entertaining to me, it's fucking boring and overdone. 3000 policemen in the sewers, hard to believe. The list goes on and on and on for me... not much to come back for anyway. I'd rather watch Dark Knight again, it was so much more complete and had a 'Batman feel' to it. DK Rises was just more of the same sensation and entertainment, just done much worse.

By the way, anyone annoyed by the 'nuclear bomb' diffusion guy being killed? Again, hard to believe he was the only one to know this stuff. I mean, hundreds of scientist study and build such a dangerous machine, then only ONE guy is able to stop it from exploding? Pffffff sure, it scares me more that the writers think I'm fucking dumb audience to believe that than having such a bomb actually explode here in my city.

And ofcourse, no Two-Face. So much build-up and fuss about him in The Dark Knight, awesome character, then he dies... I think his character could've added much more depth to Rises. And the 8 year gap... no mention what the fuck happens in EIGHT YEARS? :roll: In eight years Batman walks around with a walking stick, then he just stands up HALLLUJAH! Ofcourse, mr Awesome can climb out of the pit while being disabled as fuck. :?

Oh yeah, he's the Batman. Fucking hero makes the bomb explode, he dies... oh no, Christian Bale doesn't die in his movies. Hooray, he's back at the table with a chick, being incognito while Robin cleans up after his shit. Yeah, way to end the trilogy. So fucking boring.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:48 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm

(actually I did read. you didn't like? shit happens, move on)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:15 pm
User avatarThe Orange AuthorityThe Orange AuthorityPosts: 4748Location: NetherlandsJoined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm
feelish wrote:

Sounds like it's only ok to praise the shit out of it so we can all be friends on here? It's a fucking forum, a place to discuss. So, I discuss. Don't like to talk? Move on yourself. I just wanna speak my mind about the movie. :?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:31 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1304Location: RomâniaJoined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 am
It was good, not as good as TDK though maybe even not as good as Batman Begins. The broken spine scenes were a little over the top :))

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:29 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
The best of the Nolan trilogy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:33 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:21 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1006Location: SlovakiaJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:18 pm
Agent Orange wrote:
............ So fucking boring.

I agree completly with every word you wrote here Agent, saw it on sunday,it was shit and long.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:44 am
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
Agent Orange wrote:
feelish wrote:
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/065/67a/ff5/resized/obama-laugh-meme-generator-too-long-didn-t-read-cd4208.jpg

Sounds like it's only ok to praise the shit out of it so we can all be friends on here? It's a fucking forum, a place to discuss. So, I discuss. Don't like to talk? Move on yourself. I just wanna speak my mind about the movie. :?

Sorry man :) my comment didn't mean to be harsh or anything. It is just that with you pointing out every flaw you perceive out of the movie, I couldn't understand why you did not simply say "I didn't like this film one bit" and just take it to the "trash bin" of your movie interests. You also sounded like someone who took to much attention to every detail of unrealism and forgot to watch a film just like it's supposed to be: a ride of entertainment.

But hey, I understand that just like anyone else, you had high expectations for a film you were looking forward to, the final part of a trilogy about a superhero you're probably a fan of. And for this reason your deception might be immense.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:52 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
feelish wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:
feelish wrote:
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/065/67a/ff5/resized/obama-laugh-meme-generator-too-long-didn-t-read-cd4208.jpg

Sorry man :) my comment didn't mean to be harsh or anything. It is just that with you pointing out every flaw you perceive out of the movie, I couldn't understand why you did not simply say "I didn't like this film one bit" and just take it to the "trash bin" of your movie interests. You also sounded like someone who took to much attention to every detail of unrealism and forgot to watch a film just like it's supposed to be: a ride of entertainment.

But hey, I understand that just like anyone else, you had high expectations for a film you were looking forward to, the final part of a trilogy about a superhero you're probably a fan of. And for this reason your deception might be immense.

i liked it like you say its a fantasy film so dont get why people pick it a part, just sit and enjoy who cares if stuff aint realistic enough

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:00 pm
I found the irrealistic stuff in this film perfectly in line with the other two films.

And Batman Begins had a lot more plot holes than this one, actually. (Just think a minute about the weapon Ra's Al Ghul wants to use in Gotham.. and you'll see some problems coming up.)

Loved this flick and it's now my second favourite in the Nolan trilogy.

It's also the best fighter comeback story since Rocky 3 :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:17 pm
A good breakdown of what Nolan lifted from the comics to make The Dark Knight Rises..... a LOT. lots of spoilers here.

http://www.gothamalleys.blogspot.pt/201 ... -part.html

Offline Profile