<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  The Dark Knight Rises

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:32 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
feelish wrote:
When are you watching it?

Just saw it. A masterpiece and the best in the trilogy. It's the Batman movie that Nolan has aimed at making all along and thanks to the commercial success of the first two parts he could finally make it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:58 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2002Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm
Its a good movie. I was entertained. But masterpiece? I dont think so.

Also. There is almost no batman in it. Its a good crime drama with a little batman just to be able to call it a batman movie.

www.soundcloud.com/MoozeBlaster
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:13 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3824Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
It didn't bother me that Batman was barely in it
This is a movie about Gotham

And it's more about the story arc for Bruce Wayne than about Batman

Can't wait for when this comes out on Bluray and can watch all three together.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:39 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3116Location: LithuaniaJoined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:18 pm
just got back

what ant amazing expierience.. there was some flaws though. like when the nuke was about to explode in 1 minute, there was still time for bruce and selina to make out and bruce and gondon to have an epic conversation..

but all that aside my theatre was clapping when credits started rolling and it was a very good film. these kind off blockbusters i like to see more often.

9/10

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:37 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2753Location: Amsterdam, NetherlandsJoined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:00 pm
loved it, might go and see it again!

But the real question is.... How does Bane eat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:21 pm
Fifer wrote:
But the real question is.... How does Bane eat?

There doesn't seem to be any definitive answer to that question but nasogastric intubation seems to me the most logical one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/nasogastric_intubation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:47 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1140Location: PolandJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:55 pm
I just watched Batman Begins, and Dark Knight on Blu ray again, and in my opinion Dark Knight is way better than BB. And not because of Joker character, but because of intense, jaw dropping, and more interesting script.

So i have question, how u guys who watched all 3 parts are rating them?

Is the TDKR is better than DK? if yes, why? is there more action sequences? better script? what's your opinion?

Please answer free of spoilers if u can, i'm going tomorrow to watch TDKR so dont spoil me fun:)

Edit: and how about acting? I was frightened when Nolan took Anne Hathaway for the Selina role, she is not a good actress at all. And what about Hardy? it's difficult to act wearing a mask on a face, so what's up with his acting?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:28 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
dark knight is the best one purely because of heath ledgers perfomrance batman begins and the dark kinght rises are equally as good as each other

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:53 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
Dark Knight Rises edges out Batman Begins though..

Catwoman, son.. Catwoman. 8-)

and Bane was surprisingly faithful to his comic book version. a genius-brute with a tendency to fall in love with slightly psycopathic women. :lol:

The Dark Knight is the one that works best as a self contained, standalone story. The Dark Knight Rises is built to work as the 3rd film in a trilogy, with tons of references to the events of the first and 2nd entries. And in that regard, it finishes the Bruce Wayne story with quite a level of quality.

*PinHead* wrote:
I'm saying this because it doesn't feel like a Batman superhero movie anymore, but more like a epic drama where Batman in the suit is just a supporting character, not the central character.

He actually IS the central character.... most of the events in the story revolve around the Batman's presence and impact in Gotham city... the Dent Act, the villains plan for gotham city, the way the city is going to be destroyed, etc... he may not allways be on screen, but most of the stuff revolves around him. And the best comic book batman stories feel more like drama's rather than your typical superhero fare, anyway... dark knight returns, long halloween, year one, killing joke...

Out of the trilogy, this was the one that felt more like a comic book movie to me. (All the masked villains and heroes: Catwoman, Bane, Batman plus 2 characters whose presence i consider to be huge spoilers)

We have very little chance of another nolan directed sequel.. but here's hoping for a 4th one in this continuity anyway.... with the court of owls as the main villains... it's time for a batman movie with more of a horror movie feel. (also time to bring in some of the sidekicks of the bat, either Cassandra Cain or Barbara Gordon).

:wink: :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:34 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2002Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm
For the next Batman movies: please no more David Goyer and no more Christopher Nolan!

Thats all i ask for!

:)

www.soundcloud.com/MoozeBlaster
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:02 pm
Blacklabel wrote:
*PinHead* wrote:
I'm saying this because it doesn't feel like a Batman superhero movie anymore, but more like a epic drama where Batman in the suit is just a supporting character, not the central character.
Out of the trilogy, this was the one that felt more like a comic book movie to me. (All the masked villains and heroes: Catwoman, Bane, Batman plus 2 characters whose presence i consider to be huge spoilers)

To me TDKR was the one that felt the least like a comic book movie in the series and that is it's true strenght and something that raises the movie above it's predecessors. Like I said, it's the kind of Batman movie that Nolan has aimed at making all along and with TDKR he finally nailed it.

Batman of course has a mask, and has one in all of the movies. There's no Catwoman in the TDKR. She's Selina Kyle, masked or no masked. The character is based on Catwoman, without the Catwoman. And Bane is quite the regular fellow for a comic book villain with a fairly regular looking mask that's there for the purpose of relieving physical pain instead of hiding his face.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:09 pm
Blacklabel wrote:

There's no Catwoman in TDKR but I have to agree on Hathaway being impressive. Selina Kyle was undoubtedly her best screen performance to date.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:21 pm
lol, are you trolling?

Selina Kyle IS catwoman... just because she's not referred to in the movie as such doesnt mean she's somehow just "based around" the character.

:lol:

the cat ears and costume, holly robinson as a sidekick, "Selina Kyle", jewel thief etc.... she's actually the film version of catwoman that is most faithful to her comic book character.

She doesnt call herself "Catwoman" in the flick because the whole purpose of being a successful thief.. is not to have a famous name. But the papers Bruce Wayne investigates have taken to call her that. The "Catwoman" name is given to her due to previous run ins with the cops. This is essentially what happens in the comic books as well (in Year One.)

I hope your not basing your opinion of what Catwoman is supposed to be on the shitty Tim Burton flick?

the spitfire wrote:
To me TDKR was the one that felt the least like a comic book movie in the series and that is it's true strenght and something that raises the movie above it's predecessors.

Blagh. That's just the style Nolan adopted. And it's neither here nor there. "Gritty, semi-realistic" isnt the instant recipe for making a good movie.

good writing and good filmmaking are the foundation. and THAT is what elevates nolans films above it's predecessors.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:44 pm
Blacklabel wrote:
I hope your not basing your opinion of what Catwoman is supposed to be on the shitty Tim Burton flick?

Huh? Like I said Hathaway was perfect in the movie. Her best performance to date. Yes, Selina Kyle is the Catwoman in the comics but what I meant is that she's not referred to as Catwoman in the movie, not by her nor any other person. And if you check the official website she's only referred to as Selina Kyle there as well. Didn't notice that she was called "Catwoman" in the tabloids that Batsie is reading. I know that it was a conscious decision by Nolan to not call her Catwoman in TDKR for the sake of added realism.

Blacklabel wrote:
the spitfire wrote:
To me TDKR was the one that felt the least like a comic book movie in the series and that is it's true strenght and something that raises the movie above it's predecessors.
Blagh. That's just the style Nolan adopted. And it's neither here nor there. "Gritty, semi-realistic" isnt the instant recipe for making a good movie.

good writing and good filmmaking are the foundation. and THAT is what elevates nolans films above it's predecessors.

I meant the predecessors to TDKR in Nolan's trilogy. My mistake for not making it clear enough.