<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  The Dark Knight Rises

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:40 am
GeneralGeneralPosts: 1947Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:16 pm
FYI some reviews are in... overwhelmingly positive... there's talk of this being a masterpiece and that this is worthy of winning best picture.

Oh yeah.. and most seem to agree that this is better than the second film.

http://moviehole.net/201255404first-rev ... ses-online

Nolan has done it again. sonufabitch.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:49 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
i cant see how you can out do the dark knight but hey things can only get better right ? cant wait to see this

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:05 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 256Location: PolandJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:46 am
Anyone seen it ?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1388Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm
Blacklabel wrote:

Doesn't seem like most anymore but some do. I still prefer the leaner meaner 'Batman Begins' over the 'The Dark Knight' which is in my opinion, while good, way overlong and bloated. It's like two movies in one with the Harvey Two-Face stuff. Now I know I'm in the minority with my opinion on 'The Dark Knight' but I'm not alone. Mark Kermode, who also happens to prefer Nolan's first one over the second one, did rate the last one highly and I hope I'll have a similar experience.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:30 am
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
loved the film, loved the conclusion, loved Catwoman, her style, loved Bane, his voice and presence. his English voice sounds insane, but I couldn't catch half of it unfortunately, due to me not being a native English speaker. but Bane is the villain the story needed to end well this trilogy... or is it just a trilogy?

the spitfire wrote:
Blacklabel wrote:

Doesn't seem like most anymore but some do. I still prefer the leaner meaner 'Batman Begins' over the 'The Dark Knight' which is in my opinion, while good, way overlong and bloated. It's like two movies in one with the Harvey Two-Face stuff. Now I know I'm in the minority with my opinion on 'The Dark Knight' but I'm not alone. Mark Kermode, who also happens to prefer Nolan's first one over the second one, did rate the last one highly and I hope I'll have a similar experience.

Rises also feels long, but the way you explain TDK's problem in your opinion, I guess you won't feel that way with this one. it felt as one story mostly because the focus is on defeating Bane from beginning to end. the plot feels less twisted, as I recall. but you'll see for yourself

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:45 pm
feelish wrote:
Rises also feels long, but the way you explain TDK's problem in your opinion, I guess you won't feel that way with this one. it felt as one story mostly because the focus is on defeating Bane from beginning to end. the plot feels less twisted, as I recall. but you'll see for yourself

Reassuring, thanks. I was thinking that the absence of too many villains should be a good thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:54 pm
Christian Bale Visits Aurora Shooting Victims
25 July 2012

Many cast members from The Dark Knight Rises have released statements since the deadly Aurora shooting last week, but now Christian Bale has actually made his way to Colorado to visit some of the recovering victims in the hospital. Above a photo one survivor posted on Facebook. Who arranged the surprise visit? According to a statement WB sent, "Mr. Bale is there as himself, not representing Warner Brothers."

http://www.vulture.com/2012/07/christia ... ctims.html

A very nice gesture from Bale! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:35 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3303Location: DoglandJoined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:49 pm
Great movie overall, movie is long but i wished it was longer to flesh some things out.
But like a lot of people i feel it moved pretty far away from the first Batman Begins world and tone. It changed the direction or feel of the movie a little with TDK and with this one moved even further away. I'm saying this because it doesn't feel like a Batman superhero movie anymore, but more like a epic drama where Batman in the suit is just a supporting character, not the central character. Feels like Gotham is the focus of this movie, not even the conclusion of the story arc. I would have liked to see some sort of closure for Gotham and the citizens after all the reveals and lies, but we only got to see the primary characters.

And too much fuckin daylight. I believed they couldn't top TDK in terms of daylight scenes but they topped it in this one.So great movie, some mistakes along the way, but just not a Batman movie.

Man and how cheesy was that burning bat symbol?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:30 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2002Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm
my opinion:

Batman Begins: 9/10

The Dark Knight: 8/10

The Dark Knight Rises: 6/10

www.soundcloud.com/MoozeBlaster
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:45 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1967Location: UKJoined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:28 pm
Just seen.it good film weren't as good as the dark knight tho

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:44 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2881Location: ESTJoined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm
saw Dark Knight Rises few days ago. I like it a lot, it's still bit hard to compare it to Dark Knight and it's like we all know this is was not going to be better then Dark Knight. Even Batman Begins was very good.

If all movies in Nolan's trilogy are kinda more down to earth and have quite realistic approach then Dark Knight Rises is even more like that. The way plot rolled out was also different, maybe bit simple and kinda slow. I would hoped more dark and in ruins gotham city, before batman returned.

Cast was very good. Acting of Catwoman was good, maybe i'v hoped bit different character. I think character of Bane was developed equally well to Joker, and also well acted, but Joker was just.. we all know.

Clash between Batman and Bane and the final conclusion of the movie was perhaps strongest parts and it left me feeling wanting more.

absolutely great Trilogy from Nolan, i think all secretly hoped mega final to Nolans work, but this time it was near impossible to complete.

Batman Returns 8/10
Dark Knight 9.5/10
Dark Knight Rises 7.5/10

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:22 pm
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
I'm surprised many of you rate Rises under TDK. I know Nolan didn't want to do a part III unless he could top or do as good as TDK. And I think he achieved it. We all know TDK was great because of Joker himself. But the way I see it, together Bane and Catwoman are a better combination of villains than Joker and Two-Face. I know Joker is unreplaceable, but maybe it's just because I think Two-Face is just an average villain.

Also I like the part of John Blake in this movie. And I think Rises have the best ending of the whole trilogy. I can't just stay there and think the series has to end this way.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:24 pm
the spitfire wrote:
feelish wrote:

Reassuring, thanks. I was thinking that the absence of too many villains should be a good thing.

When are you watching it?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:31 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3824Location: USAJoined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm
Loved Rises...
honestly The Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises are tied as my faves in this trilogy. it's just both are so different from each other, but not in a bad way. i liked that Nolan switched it up again and went with Bane. Bane and The Joker are both so different as villains, but equally menacing. The Joker was a scheming and psychological villain. He wasn't meant to be a physical threat, more of a moral and psychological threat. Where Bane is more of a physical threat. I liked that Nolan didn't try to outdo it with an outlandish and crazy villain. You really feel his overpowering of Batman and thought the fights felt brutal. Like you could feel the punches. I think it was a great ending and this will go down as possibly the best trilogy ever in my book. Each movie so different from each other. And I loved how this was a movie about Gotham.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:11 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 256Location: PolandJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:46 am
I leave cinema at 3 AM
And I don't remember when I was so excited.
Rises is bigger and better. Bane totally BAD ASS!
10/10