<  MOVIES & DVD  ~  The Dark Knight Rises

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:43 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Since the first official media has been surfaced online, I figured I'd start off the thread. (I also did with The Dark Knight thread :D )

I'm a huge Batman nerd (Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns , read it if you dare) , and I have complete trust in Christopher Nolan with this one.

He's gonna top The Dark Knight, I'm telling you.

There's many details around on the net considering characters appearing in the film , but until there's no official media released of these characters , we'll take those characters names as spoilers in this topic.

So it begins.

Here's Christopher Nolan's .... great looking interpretation of BANE.
Performed by Tom Hardy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:35 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 288Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:06 am
Nice one here fellow Batman-nerd. IMO I dont want Nolan to abandon the batman franchise - he's done so much and has some much more to offer. Now we wait for a Catwoman pic and some backstory info ( I liked the idea in Catwoman despite the film's awfulness). Damn I can't wait...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:35 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 3702Location: Almere, The NetherlandsJoined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Never watched Catwoman because of Hale Berry's costume :p
Plus Selina Kyle ain't black!

Anne Hathaway will absolutely kill the role I'm sure.

They haven't exactly been confirming if Hathaway will wear the Catwoman costume... I think it's safe to assume she will.

However all these great characters can't excite me more then the return of...
A certain somebody that can be a huge fucking spoiler.

I mean I've been following all the news around this movie and yet already some people are watching the film sets with binoculars telling things that sound like music to the ears of a Batman fan.

This movie is going to be so amazing. I'll try not to watch any teaser or trailer when they'll surface in likely... 5 months.

I want the moment to be perfect when I'll be sitting in cinema all alone.
(I prefer to see movies alone.)

Christopher Nolan will probably be one of the few directors to have delivered a perfect threequel.

And yes it is a pity that he'll pass on the cowl to someone else after this gem of a movie.

I love Nolan's Batman movies so much that I got the feeling they'll never be topped again.

This is Batman's PRIMETIME.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:33 pm
User avatarCaptainCaptainPosts: 681Location: EstoniaJoined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm
been a batman fan since i was little and dark knight is def my fave movie of all time. cant wait for this one

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:21 am
PrivatePrivatePosts: 288Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:06 am
StasZ wrote:
This is Batman's PRIMETIME.

Yeah!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:01 pm
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 256Location: PolandJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:46 am
that picture of Bane looks awesome
i have hope that the new Batman gonna beat The Dark Knight
and check this out http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFireRises?ob=5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:02 pm
Tanner_47 wrote:
i have hope that the new Batman gonna beat The Dark Knight

IT WILL.

Plus that soundclip has indeed the hidden message which says #TheFireRises.

Anyone who whould twitter "#thefirerises" contributed a tiny little new piece of Bane's picture.

As you can guess, the needed amount of tweets had been twittered, and the picture was shown way before the timer said 24 hours.

Can't wait for more viral marketing stuff , The Dark Knight had the best viral marketing ever on the internet IMO.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:29 am
User avatarA.K.A. feelxPosts: 3056Location: Montréal, QCJoined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 pm
lately I haven't watched many new movies, I was more into watching good old movies I hadn't seen. but this movie is one of those rare new movies I'm looking forward to, not because I'm a Batman fan but because Nolan did great stuff and the first two movies are great

StasZ wrote:
This movie is going to be so amazing. I'll try not to watch any teaser or trailer when they'll surface in likely... 5 months.

weirdly, I just tought about doing the same thing with the next Prodigy album: not listen to any teaser or live record until the album's in my hands

StasZ wrote:
threequel

trilogy?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:08 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1140Location: PolandJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:55 pm
That bane photo looks good, but it worries me. Tom hardy isnt big enought for Bane, and unfortunetly no one is. So there are two options i see:

1. Bane character will be fucked up just like Juggernaut from X-men 3 was. So he will not be as big as he were in comic book.

2. or they will do CGI bane, like Hulk or something, but as far as i know Nolan dont like to use CGI much.

Dont know which bad guy i wish to see in next batman movie, because all my favourite batman opponents were in previously Nolan films.

I dont wish to Joker be back again, there are no actor who can beat Heath role at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:42 am
User avatarPrivatePrivatePosts: 256Location: PolandJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:46 am
MaxReal wrote:
but it worries me. Tom hardy isnt big enought for Bane

so? Heath Ledger's Joker was different (I mean looked) compared to the original. I don't worry aboout that. I believe in Nolan, he is one of my favourite director. And it's beacuse this is last Batman from him, I have feel this gonna be fucking awesome movie...better than Dark Knight. And how StasZ wrote "It Will" :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:04 am
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 1140Location: PolandJoined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:55 pm
Tanner_47 wrote:
MaxReal wrote:
but it worries me. Tom hardy isnt big enought for Bane

so? Heath Ledger's Joker was different (I mean looked) compared to the original. I don't worry aboout that. I believe in Nolan, he is one of my favourite director. And it's beacuse this is last Batman from him, I have feel this gonna be fucking awesome movie...better than Dark Knight. And how StasZ wrote "It Will" :wink:

yeah, right, but bane should be fuckin massive muscle guy who easly will break batman's backbone and throw him from a roof. By the way, if Nolan will not be working on another batman movie, thats how his trilogy should end. With Bane triumph.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:12 am
MaxReal wrote:
yeah, right, but bane should be fuckin massive muscle guy who easly will break batman's backbone and throw him from a roof.

Did you see Bronson with Tom Hardy? If Tom get pumped a little more like that, we gonna have very good Bane.

MaxReal wrote:
By the way, if Nolan will not be working on another batman movie, thats how his trilogy should end. With Bane triumph.

I agree with that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:06 pm
User avatarGeneralGeneralPosts: 2002Location: NorwayJoined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:50 pm
I sure hope that the fightingscenes are better this time. Because it was the only thing that was very bad in both batman begins and dark knight

www.soundcloud.com/MoozeBlaster
Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:23 pm
MoozeBlaster wrote:
I sure hope that the fightingscenes are better this time. Because it was the only thing that was very bad in both batman begins and dark knight

Bad? it was terrible..........so we need to cross our fingers, maybe this time Nolan will fix it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:18 pm
I don´t think The Joker will return , maybe a small mention of him by another character, but I don´t need it anyway.

Threequel is actually a word, it´s the sequel of the sequel xD

For anyone here who is concerned about Tom Hardy as Bane... because of his length , shouldn´t worry imo.

You can make anything big in a movie , even without the use of CGI.
Think about camera tricks , etc.

But think of this , do you need it ?

Bane is highly intelligent in the comics , and pretty much underestimated by anyone.

It seems some people want a Bane that is twice the size of Batman appearantly.

This person likes to see the mental aspect of this character , smart dialogues , with TERRIFYING actions instead of the brainless Bane that Schumacher gave us almost 15 years ago.

Are you expecting that big brainless Bane again ?

A WORTHY portrayal of Bane, THE MAN WHO BROKE THE BAT , that´s Tom Hardy plus Christopher Nolan to you fellas!

Remember when Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker ?
That's right.

He had much more prejudice then Tom Hardy has now.
The problem here seems to be the length now....

I'd say that's a 'better sounding' prejudice then playing a homosexual cowboy kissing with Jake Gyllenhaal, hahahahaha!

So this person here has no worries at all.

I had shivers when I watched the picture for the first time.
It reminded me of the first picture of Heath Ledger's Joker.

I was pretty much sold then as I am now.

Especially can't wait for more details on the Young Ra's Al Ghul in this movie to be honest.

Yeah that's right.

Ra's Al Fuckin' Ghul

Offline Profile